BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

I expect 2 or 3 cash buys now. 

I think we have money to spend. 

I think Fleiding is the keeper Mowbray wants. Probably depends on Bristol City getting a keeper in

Then we need a striker and wide player which is must.

Still expect another signing in before the Ipswich game

4 minutes ago, CraigF said:

After reading Mowbury’s comments from this morning and yesterday evening, I’d like to think he’s got some potentially good deals lined up in regards to the forward positions. If Armstrong and Chapman are way down the list we can only speculate who’s on the a and b list. 

If we are being fairly honest, I don’t think anyone of us would have expected Kasey Palmer to arrive on loan to us, believing him to go to a more ‘established’ club in this division hoping for promotion. 

Only speculating here, but I wonder if Mowbury is going for more ambitious targets such as Jordan Hugill (he’s surplus to requirements at West Ham) and I do think the Man City youngster is Patrick Roberts (obviously got experience playing in the championship and SPL)

As others have said on here and regardless of what Rich Sharpe has said recently I think Bauer would be joining us, it’ll go down to the wire on that one because I can’t see him signing a new deal at Charlton when he wants out. 

I've mentioned Hugill a couple of times and agree he would be an ambitious target but would be an excellent addition, cant see it tho, same for Roberts who is a class above the championship.

4 minutes ago, CraigF said:

After reading Mowbury’s comments from this morning and yesterday evening, I’d like to think he’s got some potentially good deals lined up in regards to the forward positions. If Armstrong and Chapman are way down the list we can only speculate who’s on the a and b list. 

If we are being fairly honest, I don’t think anyone of us would have expected Kasey Palmer to arrive on loan to us, believing him to go to a more ‘established’ club in this division hoping for promotion. 

Only speculating here, but I wonder if Mowbury is going for more ambitious targets such as Jordan Hugill (he’s surplus to requirements at West Ham) and I do think the Man City youngster is Patrick Roberts (obviously got experience playing in the championship and SPL)

As others have said on here and regardless of what Rich Sharpe has said recently I think Bauer would be joining us, it’ll go down to the wire on that one because I can’t see him signing a new deal at Charlton when he wants out. 

Hugill would be a very good signing here. Would like this as permanent signing. 

Roberts would be a good loan signing

53 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Proof is in the pudding.

If we spend over a million (“seven figure deals”) on more than one player I’ll be amazed.

Meanwhile the season starts in 3 days and our squad isn’t ready and supporters don’t even have season ticket cards! It all feels very disorganised.

How is it disorganised Stuart. Mowbray knows his targets and wants his Target A or B not D so.is playing a waiting game. 

On season Ticket cards? We will start recieving this week or start of next week. Dont see what the rush about. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Neal said:

I see what he's doing to be honest. A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay and the fee's for some players are a joke, he's willing to leave it late and betting on clubs to get desperate to get his first choices. Got no reason to doubt him tbf. 

This. Betting on clubs to get desperate and putting the message out on the media that were not going to pay what they're currently asking. Though some of his press conferences have been a little muddled so part of me wonders if he bothers to think along those lines. 

2 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I've mentioned Hugill a couple of times and agree he would be an ambitious target but would be an excellent addition, cant see it tho, same for Roberts who is a class above the championship.

Depends on how much West Ham are willing to let him go for? He’s only been linked with loan moves to QPR (not happening now) and Villa. Just read that he’s originally from Middlesbrough and we know that Mowbury loves a north east lad!

in regards to Roberts, maybe Pep would rather him play regularly in the championship rather than be a bit part player in the premier league. Fingers crossed, 

I think Sam Gallagher would be a priority target. Experienced in the championship along with seeing photos on Instagram spending time with Raya and Williams (fits into the dressing room group) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tom said:

Has there been a solid link to Gallagher?

I know Nixon linked us but the 3 players we have brought in he wasn’t close to breaking instead insisting we were going for Kent etc 

Anyway still would have loved us to bring in Chapman and Armstrong but have to agree it’s exciting if he’s after players a level or two above them

Big couple of weeks 

No one knew of the Palmer deal which was a welcome addition and a surprise. 

Nixon did link us to Davenport. 

Sharpe did link us to Rothwell. 

Nixon was the one who broke the Gallagher interest..

But Mowbray is playing his cards close to his chest and nothing is leaking which is good and pleasing to see. Only Him, Venus, Harvey, Waggott and Slivester will know about who we are after..

47 minutes ago, Neal said:

I see what he's doing to be honest. A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay and the fee's for some players are a joke, he's willing to leave it late and betting on clubs to get desperate to get his first choices. Got no reason to doubt him tbf. 

Also, with his world cup reference and criteria for spending on young players with potential, sound like he is after players from the premier league fringes.  Probably ones into the last year of their contract.

On a side note.  Very surprised that no one has taken a punt on Maddison from Posh yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Also, with his world cup reference and criteria for spending on young players with potential, sound like he is after players from the premier league fringes.  Probably ones into the last year of their contract.

On a side note.  Very surprised that no one has taken a punt on Maddison from Posh yet.

Yeah I agree but also insistent on championship experience and goals...intriguing!! You can’t get those types of players for less than seven figures  can you? 

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Chaddy just leave it pal. The doom mongers have been all summer. If the last two articles Sharpe has released with direct quotes from TM about his transfer plans cannot excite them as a Rovers fan then nothing will. It’s a lost cause with some Chaddy. You can’t change the world mate! Wish there were more like you.

Talk is cheap. I'll be jumping up and down when we actually make some significant signings.

• Like 6

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Talk is cheap. I'll be jumping up and down when we actually make some significant signings.

Good for you buddy. I trust TM so I’m now going to be excited until the window closes. 

If it doesn’t work out, at least I’ve had a spring in my step for two weeks. Glass half full and all that ??

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Did Hugill not move for £8 million last January?  Imagine wages will be high based on that so doesn't fit with our remit.  Type of striker we need though.

Fans who have been following the club 40+ years and spent thousands upon thousands of pound following the club the love saying let’s wait and see what actually happens rather than buy the rhetoric = doommonger

Mowbray been here just over a season working for Venkys (who have let us down time and time again) = complete trust

Meh.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Fans who have been following the club 40+ years and spent thousands upon thousands of pound following the club the love saying let’s wait and see what actually happens rather than buy the rhetoric = doommonger

Mowbray been here just over a season working for Venkys (who have let us down time and time again) = complete trust

Meh.

Mate, I’ve been a Rovers fan all my life too. Iv gone through all the emotions you have. I’ve spent probably more than most during that time. But that doesn’t mean I choose to be cynical about everything. 

Just imagine for one moment if you stopped looking at the worst scenario and actually became excited at what TM is saying....wouldn’t you feel better in general? That’s me. I’m not naive, I run a relatively successful company and employ a lot of people. I know I can still be disappointed at the end of this transfer window.

But I choose to be positive. All I was doing was pointing out to Chaddy that he can’t change peoples outlooks.

Its genuinely nothing personal. We all care about the club.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Chaddy just leave it pal. The doom mongers have been all summer. If the last two articles Sharpe has released with direct quotes from TM about his transfer plans cannot excite them as a Rovers fan then nothing will. It’s a lost cause with some Chaddy. You can’t change the world mate! Wish there were more like you.

Mani pal. Sharpe said the other day we wouldn't be spending money on attackers, we would be getting them on loan. Now Mowbray is telling us that we are going to spend 7-figure sums. There must be some expensive defenders on their way. The new goalkeeper has now reared its head again after going quiet for a month or so. We are also now back to 4 signings even though it was 3 before Palmer signed. I'll believe any of it when I see it.

I'm happy for you and Chaddy though. I nearly cried when I saw your last sentence.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I’d be amazed if we could afford Hugill. He went there for 8 million and must be on 20k a week. I’d imagine they would want to re-coup most of that. Maybe a loan deal on that one.

Well a week tomorrow all will be clear.

4 players and some significant cash buys is a lot to get done in that time. 

Mowbray has my support and so I'll reserve judgment until the window shuts and I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Given how this summer has progressed to date and given the owners history I think my reservations are justified. 

If the window shuts and we're still short and the talk is then about using the loan market to our advantage instead I'll be disappointed but not surprised.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

TM keeps mentioning targets that have since gone for huge fees int he Championship - does this mean we were trying to bring in Bamford?

Reading between the lines I think we had a permenant deal for Gallagher lined up them Bamford went for £7m and Southampton suddenly thought Gallagher must be worth that...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray has my support and so I'll reserve judgment until the window shuts and I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Given how this summer has progressed to date and given the owners history I think my reservations are justified. 

If the window shuts and we're still short and the talk is then about using the loan market to our advantage instead I'll be disappointed but not surprised.

100%

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I can understand the underwhelm aspect but the other side of the coin in that scenario might suggest we have a management unwilling to waste any money on second/third choices?

Hypothetically, saying we don’t add permenant but then get say Gallagher and a Centreback on loan before the end of that window; I’d be relatively happy with the 5 signings this window. Especially if noise coming out of the club suggested targets would be re-evaluated in January.

I don’t want to see us rush. We had to last season because 12 left, this year we have more time to build. I don’t buy that this squad is relegation fodder- Ofcourse (like half of any league) we are one or two injuries away from serious issues but that’s just football, unless you’re a Man City; and even then you couldn’t replace De Bruyne, even if Fernandinho et al cost you 100s of millions.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

TM keeps mentioning targets that have since gone for huge fees int he Championship - does this mean we were trying to bring in Bamford?

I doubt he was suprised by the Bamford fee. If anything if was less then expected by the media. Could be Gallagher's linked 7 mill move to Stoke, which suprised most people.