BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

57 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Good for you buddy. I trust TM so I’m now going to be excited until the window closes. 

If it doesn’t work out, at least I’ve had a spring in my step for two weeks. Glass half full and all that ??

I'm a retired engineer so I'd say if the glass is half full they made the glass too big.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I think the ‘Agent Benno’ stuff was very poor in reflection given we ended up signing one guy who everyone knew was coming in. The club must have known that everyone would have suspected Armstrong or Chapman. Big few days ahead, need 3 players minimum.

I agree with that. It made us look very foolish in the eyes of other clubs.

On 30/07/2018 at 10:27, J*B said:

If we finished up with this...

IN
Sam Gallagher (Perm)
Kasey Palmer (loan)
Lucas Nmecha (loan)
Back up CH (Perm) 

OUT
Caddis (free)

Gladwin (loan)
Nuttall (loan)

Would everyone be disappointed? 

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It's not even 8.30am and already there is a mixture of bickering, apprehension, excitement, doubt, daydreaming, togetherness, frustration and people justifying commitment to the club. I'm not going to lie, I bloody love this forum.

Exactly!

As do lots of others by the looks of it, I noticed on the main forum page that we had the most online ever t'other week - 1,625 people!

6 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Fielding, Armstrong, Bauer and Gallagher before Saturday is my prediction. Come on Tony and Agent Benno let's get this sorted. 

Fielding is out injured for the next three months apparently. So that's one down. If we get one of the other three I'd be surprised.

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I'm not a big Gallagher fan but he's better than what we've got as back up for Graham. Palmer I like the look of as a player but we have several players who could play in that position and we're very light in other positions. Good cover for Dack I suppose.

The City lad I know nothing about, same applies to a mystery centre half.

I can't see anyone taking Caddis off our hands, free or not. I'd loan the other two out. I'd also loan Whittingham if we could but again I can't see anyone talking him off our hands. Almost as bad a signing as Dack was a good one.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But Mowbray is playing his cards close to his chest and nothing is leaking which is good and pleasing to see. Only Him, Venus, Harvey, Waggott and Slivester will know about who we are after..

And the clubs we have approached about their players.

It seems clear that whenever we make a bid, Rovers are specifically asking the clubs to keep it very hush hush, considering not only are no clubs publicly speaking about bids from us, but nothing has leaked through unofficial channels either until very close to completion (probably coming from excited players gassing to their friends or family at that stage).

Edited by bluebruce

Just had a look at other clubs' sites and this one is orderly and civilised in comparison..

Mayhem out there.

The early window closure is causing a collective seizure on selling, buying and loaning.

Cool nerves needed and next week will be bonkers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Also, with his world cup reference and criteria for spending on young players with potential, sound like he is after players from the premier league fringes.  Probably ones into the last year of their contract.

On a side note.  Very surprised that no one has taken a punt on Maddison from Posh yet.

Looks as if Maddison is viewed by TM in the same way as Arma and Chapman, an unproven championship player. Where he and his recruitment team must be convinced they can get get more experience at the same age for around the same money... Which given our limited budget will be good going. I'm not convinced they can tbh, but I hope to be proven wrong. Just will make TM comments on Armstrong and Chapman more baffling if he has to finally accept that those are the best he's going to get for the money. 

6 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

I wonder if Maddison has ever been on one of Tony's lists? I just can't see nobody taking a chance on him...

Strange isn't it. Particularly given he supposedly has a release clause set at £2.5 million and has been promised he can leave by the Peterborough chairman after they failed to go up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ruaney said:

I wonder if Maddison has ever been on one of Tony's lists? I just can't see nobody taking a chance on him...

Really shocked he hasn't been picked up, think he's a steel. West Brom were on verge of signing him a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Strange isn't it. Particularly given he supposedly has a release clause set at £2.5 million and has been promised he can leave by the Peterborough chairman after they failed to go up.

1 minute ago, TruRover said:

Really shocked he hasn't been picked up, think he's a steel. West Brom were on verge of signing him a couple of weeks ago.

Really strange, for 2.5m he seems like a steal but again, I am not sure what else that can buy you in today's market. Could be seen as a risk but he has the quality to step up, I have no doubts about that. Some players you can just tell are too good for their division - Dack as an example. Some clubs in the Championship will have 2.5 to spend even if it's not us so seems strange for sure.

I still expect someone to pick up Maddisson - might be a last day thing as clubs know the release clause.

The longer it drags out for interested clubs the better - as Peterborough might be holding firm on wanting all the cash up front right now. This will change closer to deadline day as they will want shot rather than allowing the player to run down his contract and reduce in value.

Edited by JacknOry

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have bookmarked that link to review at the closure of the windows.

TM quite clear on his intentions so let's see how it pans out.

Fingers crossed we end up with a very competitive squad to challenge for mid table at least.

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

It's not even 8.30am and already there is a mixture of bickering, apprehension, excitement, doubt, daydreaming, togetherness, frustration and people justifying commitment to the club. I'm not going to lie, I bloody love this forum.

It's always said that it was kicking off because of no signings so they make a cracking one on loan and a bit of calm ?  No all hell breaks loose ?

I think that myth has been busted !

Thank god we aren't a selling club this season i'm quite enjoying that aspect of it if nothing else !

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Will Hughes won the FL Young player of the year in 2014. Keep looking.

Lookman won the Championship young player of the year award in his year, also known as apprentice award, but for players 18 or under - still player of the year though.

Keep looking through wiki BDS. You'll find all you need soon pal.

You said the players you mentioned won players of the year and young player of the year awards. No sign of this online. Why don't you send me the links? 

Anyway, winning apprentice of the year or young player of the year, just means they were better than other young players or apprentices. Still a big step up to compete with the senior. Anyway, send on those links like a good boy 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You said the players you mentioned won players of the year and young player of the year awards. No sign of this online. Why don't you send me the links? 

Anyway, winning apprentice of the year or young player of the year, just means they were better than other young players or apprentices. Still a big step up to compete with the senior. Anyway, send on those links like a good boy 

Not my argument but I stand by saying that Will Hughes won Football League’s Young Player of the Year in 2014. 

96AE9A31-F849-4B57-8FB2-1795D081C3B0.png

• Like 1