BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

A week ago Gallagher was talked down, written off and wrote off but now the idea of him is warming up and he's almost the second coming ?

In reality as I said two weeks ago he's a decent loan for where we are at now and in the absence of them buying someone. Him and Armstrong on loan would be belting, pace and a bit of height.

Got to love this place........ get him in !

10 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Transfer window closes next Thursday (United play Friday night) for UK clubs buying players, they can sell players to leagues outside of the UK until the closure of the normal transfer window on 31st Aug.

Typical Venkys. Keeping Dack here until the transfer window closes before accepting a bid from a European club for him!!! Therefore NO REPLACEMENT, money straight into Balajis Goldie chains fund.  It's a disgrace I tells ya 

Does anyone else enjoy this window insofar as none of our players are being constantly linked with moves away? 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Typical Venkys. Keeping Dack here until the transfer window closes before accepting a bid from a European club for him!!! Therefore NO REPLACEMENT, money straight into Balajis Goldie chains fund.  It's a disgrace I tells ya 

Fortunately we haven't seen that level of incompetence since we sold Samba outside of the transfer window in 2012 (unless I'm forgetting someone in between). 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Does anyone else enjoy this window insofar as none of our players are being constantly linked with moves away? 

That is definitely a positive - though I wouldnt mind Caddis and Hart being constantly linked with moves away. 

It could be a result of this slow transfer window and just hope that a desperate last minute bid for Dack in particular, does not come in on the last day. I would imagine TM would say no to any bids but not convinced the Venksters would.

I imagine there are a few clubs that have Dack on the radar but they might be concerned he has not been tested at this level yet. Apart from him you could argue that we dont have too many others that would generate enough interest. Graham, Mulgrew and Lenihan I would class as our three next best players but Graham is getting on, as is Mulgrew. Then we have Evans who is crap until International weeks, Williams/Bennett are solid if not spectacular, Nyambe is still raw and Conway/Whittingham are both probably past it. The rest are basically kids.

23 minutes ago, DE. said:

Fortunately we haven't seen that level of incompetence since we sold Samba outside of the transfer window in 2012 (unless I'm forgetting someone in between). 

Thats the one that sticks in my mind. God, what a dark time that was. Kean weasling in interviews while this shit was been done behind the scenes 

18 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

That is definitely a positive - though I wouldnt mind Caddis and Hart being constantly linked with moves away. 

It could be a result of this slow transfer window and just hope that a desperate last minute bid for Dack in particular, does not come in on the last day. I would imagine TM would say no to any bids but not convinced the Venksters would.

I imagine there are a few clubs that have Dack on the radar but they might be concerned he has not been tested at this level yet. Apart from him you could argue that we dont have too many others that would generate enough interest. Graham, Mulgrew and Lenihan I would class as our three next best players but Graham is getting on, as is Mulgrew. Then we have Evans who is crap until International weeks, Williams/Bennett are solid if not spectacular, Nyambe is still raw and Conway/Whittingham are both probably past it. The rest are basically kids.

Raya isn't far off generating major interest I reckon. 

I would put it down to clubs knowing we aren't a soft touch these days. In the past players would jump at the opportunity to leave, not now though with Mowbray building something long-term 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would put it down to clubs knowing we aren't a soft touch these days. In the past players would jump at the opportunity to leave, not now though with Mowbray building something long-term 

Similar with Dack I feel with Raya, a good season this season in the Championship and they would both attract admirers.

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Thats the one that sticks in my mind. God, what a dark time that was. Kean weasling in interviews while this shit was been done behind the scenes 

One of the handful of consolations we have about the club present day is that it's very unlikely it'll ever be as bad as those first two years or so. Has to be one of the most toxic eras that any club has seen. If only we could get rid of Venky's and completely drain the poison. Still, as long as they keep quiet and back Mowbray that will do for now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

In the past we invited interest in our star players. No coincidence that clubs were queuing up to take our best players between 2015 and 2017 yet either side of that window we've managed to keep hold of them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DE. said:

One of the handful of consolations we have about the club present day is that it's very unlikely it'll ever be as bad as those first two years or so. Has to be one of the most toxic eras that any club has seen. If only we could get rid of Venky's and completely drain the poison. Still, as long as they keep quiet and back Mowbray that will do for now. 

It was horrible. Remember when Kean wouldn't f*** off even though everybody wanted him to?  We deserve some success after what we were subjected to. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

So who said we aren’t in for Nmecha? Swansea were also interested apparently but then they signed Celina.

Rich Sharpe said the player he had heard wasn't Nmecha but added he couldn't rule out Rovers having an interest in him 

• Backroom
Just now, markhayhurst said:

I’d have Samba back as a cheeky return.

I'm not sure. He's not the player he was. Honestly his career went into a downward spiral as soon as he left Rovers. Not so much money wise, he made a lot of money from a lot of stupid people, but in terms of talent he seemed to leave most of it here in 2012. With him I think it was very much a case of right place, right time with the right team. Much like Bentley's return, I don't think the magic would be there a second time around.  

• Like 3

It’s probably going to be next Monday at the earliest before we see any (hopefully major) incomings. Today is a players day off, tomorrow is prep for Ipswich, Friday is travelling down, Saturday the game, Sunday another day off for recovery. So unless we see any action tonight or tomorrow we should all be expecting Monday at the earliest imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

It’s probably going to be next Monday at the earliest before we see any (hopefully major) incomings. Today is a players day off, tomorrow is prep for Ipswich, Friday is travelling down, Saturday the game, Sunday another day off for recovery. So unless we see any action tonight or tomorrow we should all be expecting Monday at the earliest imo.

Agreed, highly unlikely we shall see anything happen before Monday.... next week will be stressful I suspect.