BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It was horrible. Remember when Kean wouldn't f*** off even though everybody wanted him to?  We deserve some success after what we were subjected to. 

Turned me off attending Ewood...the two hat was deliberately taking the pish out of the fans,I had had enough.

Never known anything like it before or since.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

The bit you are possibly missing is the scars that many of us carry through this period of Venkys misrule.

To hear people posting “chin up everyone and look to the positives” is just a bit patronising and more than a little Keanesque.

Some of us are waiting to see what actually happens rather than trusting only the talk. As it stands, we’ve added reinforcements to a good L1 squad. If we bring in a couple of million pound plus (not big money by today’s standards) players - which is what Mowbray himself has implies (“seven figure deals”) then it would suggest improvements on existing players (not ex-loanee replacements). I’d be very happy with that.

Where you might say I’m a ‘doommonger’ is that I don’t believe it will happen. The reason it gets frustrating is that if (when) it doesn’t happen there will be a number of posters telling us that it is either a good thing or that anyone thinking we were ever going to (“easy to say in hindsight”).

And we’ve had years of this stuff!

Here’s hoping for (but not expecting) a great end to the window and my lack of faith being proven wrong!!

(Btw, it’s the same here, it’s not personal either)

I carry the same scars Stuart. In fact, bearing in mind the friendships I have with people who were directly involved with Rovers at the time I can honestly say it was worse than people imagined at times. The treatment of players / staff via the ‘third party’ was deplorable at times.

Im waiting too for the end of the window. But I’m not sure we’ve had any of those lies since TM began so I I’m prepared to have faith in him.

Agree to disagree I guess. But ultimately we want the same things ??

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TruRover said:

Rich Sharpe @richsharpe89 54m54 minutes ago - the player I was told about now won't be happening. If there's to be a loan with City then seems it would have to be Nmecha

This is the problem with scratching about at the last minute relying on the good graces of Premiership Clubs to let you have a player on Loan. If they change their mind you've no say in the matter, you've very little time to sort anything else out, and you're probably reduced to bringing in another player on loan to make up numbers who isn't really what you want.

3 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Turned me off attending Ewood...the two hat was deliberately taking the pish out of the fans,I had had enough.

Never known anything like it before or since.

God, ya ,it was bad. I don't think fans have been subjected to anything as bad as the Kean era here. It was like a nightmare that would never end 

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This is the problem with scratching about at the last minute relying on the good graces of Premiership Clubs to let you have a player on Loan. If they change their mind you've no say in the matter, you've very little time to sort anything else out, and you're probably reduced to bringing in another player on loan to make up numbers who isn't really what you want.

That's how it works. You go for option A and try your best to make it happen. If it doesn't , then you go for option B. What would you suggest as an alternative approach? 

Panic last-minute loans here we come !  Sounds like last season, and the one before that, and the one before..........

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That's how it works. You go for option A and try your best to make it happen. If it doesn't , then you go for option B. What would you suggest as an alternative approach? 

Make the majority of your business quality permanent acquisitions and get them signed and bedded in early so They're ready to hit the ground running on day one.

Make loans the finishing touches to the squad, not the core part of your business leaving you running around at the eleventh hour wondering whether anyone is going to be generous enough to loan us one of their players.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Make the majority of your business quality permanent acquisitions and get them signed and bedded in early so They're ready to hit the ground running on day one.

Make loans the finishing touches to the squad, not the core part of your business leaving you running around at the eleventh hour wondering whether anyone is going to be generous enough to loan us one of their players.

Not sure generous is fair. I’d imagine a few clubs would see our young hungry squad as ideal place to develop their young talent. I’d be surprised if we haven’t a few potential great loans offered to us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The way the window is if you want any chance of getting your main targets , you need to be patient and wait until things start moving. Otherwise you sign players that are inferior. You may sign the inferior ones anyway, but its worth trying for the main ones.

Loans are nothing to do with generosity. The players themselves usually have a few options and then decide. I am sure some wait until late in the window to see how many offers they get. In reality as well, we are more likely to sign players of real quality on loan as opposed to on permanents due to our budget. Any player we sign will be a gamble in one way or another. 

Whoops. The toys have come out of the pram. Let me put them back in for you.

You said the loans didn't work out last time we were in the Championship, so what, just forget about them? 

To be honest;Gallagher, Emnes and Joao were all decent in their own way. It was the short britchered muppet on the sideline that was the main problem 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

Not sure generous is fair. I’d imagine a few clubs would see our young hungry squad as ideal place to develop their young talent. I’d be surprised if we haven’t a few potential great loans offered to us.

Hmmm.....Armstrong apart we Don't have a particular record of success with loan signings, Harper and Hart spring to mind and the likes of Barrow and Chapman who looked as though they should be walking into the side could hardly get a start.

Wheres all this talk of Gallagher resurfaced from?

I think its a case of absence making the heart grow fonder. He scored 11 goals which isnt too bad to be fair, and then only 6 (I think?) last season. Hes never going to be prolific and hes terrible as a focal point so I dont think he would compliment Dack.

Ive seen people putting him in potential teams over Graham which is madness. 

Unless its on loan I cant see us bringing him back because he was linked with a 7m fee the other day, that might not be accurate but I imagine his fee would be far too much for us.

Put it this way, if Armstrong is on list D, Gallagher is H or I.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Whilst you are it why not end poverty and develop a cure for AIDS

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Barrow was here for 5 or 6 games

He could have been here for 56 games and it wouldn't have mattered, as I'm sure Josh King would attest. 

Just noticed Barrow is at Reading now. Thought he'd go on to do more.

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You said the loans didn't work out last time we were in the Championship, so what, just forget about them? 

To be honest;Gallagher, Emnes and Joao were all decent in their own way. It was the short britchered muppet on the sideline that was the main problem 

The loans that year weren't that great. I thought Emnes was pretty poor with a few all too brief flashes. Joao-he didn't have enough time to really convince. Gallagher..hmmm..I just hope he has improved, if we are going to rely on him again.

In my heart of hearts, I am not sure that loanees have the stomach for the fight, when the going gets tough. I think that was a contributory factor to the last relegation.

However, as you say, the muppet on the sidelines was the main problem. (What a shame Warnock and Jepson got that Monday morning phone call and said muppet appeared like the ghost of Steve Kean...)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Didn't work well too well loaning players last time we were in the Championship though did it?

Think that had a lot to do with the type of players brought in and the inept manager we had. Huddersfield loaned Izzy Brown and Palmer and got promoted. 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

When does the transfer window actually close? I said it was Friday week and someone on here said it's this Friday. Now I have read again its Friday week. So the day before the premier league starts 

Next Thursday night

2 hours ago, JAL said:

If your happy with a maximum ten goals a season man from local agent and Evertonian Mr. Simon Conning again then fine, not for me. Rovers need better, far better or its a season of nothingness ahead.

The same thing again..its is very truly boring!!!

2 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

So who said we aren’t in for Nmecha? Swansea were also interested apparently but then they signed Celina.

Rich Sharpe did. 

29 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

In my heart of hearts, I am not sure that loanees have the stomach for the fight, when the going gets tough. I think that was a contributory factor to the last relegation.

There is that to it as well. It seems that the guys who have been claiming all window that everything was under control are now trying to make out that loans were the way to go all along as you get more bang for your buck etc etc.

The fact remains though that if you'd said at the start of the window we'd spend roughly half as much as we did last year for a campaign in League one on 3 midfielders then be looking at last minute loans to fill the major gaps in the squad I'm sure everyone would have been desperately disappointed.

Still time for some decent permanent business to be done of course but time is running very short now.

Edited by RevidgeBlue