BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Wheres all this talk of Gallagher resurfaced from?

I think its a case of absence making the heart grow fonder. He scored 11 goals which isnt too bad to be fair, and then only 6 (I think?) last season. Hes never going to be prolific and hes terrible as a focal point so I dont think he would compliment Dack.

Ive seen people putting him in potential teams over Graham which is madness.0

Unless its on loan I cant see us bringing him back because he was linked with a 7m fee the other day, that might not be accurate but I imagine his fee would be far too much for us.

Put it this way, if Armstrong is on list D, Gallagher is H or I.

Most probably because his agent has strong links into Rovers...... so much for this scouting system.

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There is that to it as well. It seems that the guys who have been claiming all window that everything was under control are now trying to make out that loans were the way to go all along as you get more bang for your buck etc etc.

The fact remains though that if you'd said at the start of the window we'd spend roughly half as much as we did last year for a campaign in League one on 3 midfielders then be looking at last minute loans to fill the major gaps in the squad I'm sure everyone would have been desperately disappointed.

Still time for some decent permanent business to be done of course but time is running very short now.

And what will the doom mongers say when we do sign some players?  I am sure there will be some issue no doubt 

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, JAL said:

Most probably because his agent has strong links into Rovers...... so much for this scouting system.

Remember what we talked about, JAL. 

Either say what you mean, or don't bother saying anything. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JAL said:

If that guy has as many players in and out of Rovers and the Academy as he is linked to i'm beginning to think he has shares in the place !

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Sounds like Middlesbrough are after Hugill and Waghorn. Spending some money. Must be knocking £80 million out in the last 3 windows if they get them two.

That may mean Rudy Gestede could be surplus to requirements. As long as he is not a crock after his injuries, he would be an excellent cheap target man to get in. Thoughts?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

That may mean Rudy Gestede could be surplus to requirements. As long as he is not a crock after his injuries, he would be an excellent cheap target man to get in. Thoughts?

He wouldn't be cheap though.His wages would be big I would imagine and Boro would still be looking for 4 or 5 million in a transfer fee.Personally I don't want to see him coming back 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There is that to it as well. It seems that the guys who have been claiming all window that everything was under control are now trying to make out that loans were the way to go all along as you get more bang for your buck etc etc.

The fact remains though that if you'd said at the start of the window we'd spend roughly half as much as we did last year for a campaign in League one on 3 midfielders then be looking at last minute loans to fill the major gaps in the squad I'm sure everyone would have been desperately disappointed.

Still time for some decent permanent business to be done of course but time is running very short now.

Yes, if it ends, as it is now, I will be very disappointed.

Given Mowbray's integrity and the amount of planning time he has had -since Doncaster at least -I still have hopes.

I do share your concern, however, as It is definitely leaving it late to bolster a league 1 team  minus Armstrong, Antonsson and Payne....

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Yes, if it ends, as it is now, I will be very disappointed.

Given Mowbray's integrity and the amount of planning time he has had -since Doncaster at least -I still have hopes.

I do share your concern, however, as It is definitely leaving it late to bolster a league 1 team  minus Armstrong, Antonsson and Payne....

Plus Davenport, Rothwell and Palmer = ?? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Plus Davenport, Rothwell and Palmer = ?? 

Yep.

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Palmer an upgrade on any of the 4 attacking loanees last year.  Rothwell/Davenport not direct replace ments. Still 3 attacking players down.  

That is the worry I hope not to have by the end of the window!

44 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Sounds like Middlesbrough are after Hugill and Waghorn. Spending some money. Must be knocking £80 million out in the last 3 windows if they get them two.

Oh well that's another 2 potential signings we can knock off the list of then. 

I think Garner could be a target. experience at this level and scores goals aswell. 

I would deffo get one of Armstrong or Gallagher. Its a shame we couldn't get both permanent this summer or could we. 

Only another 8 days left and hopefully 2 or 3 signings to come. In Tony Mowbray we trust

41 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Traore leaving will cover those 2 ,with change 

Isn't he injured and didn't Boro reject the latest Wolves bid for him

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I think Garner could be a target. experience at this level and scores goals aswell. 

I would deffo get one of Armstrong or Gallagher. Its a shame we couldn't get both permanent this summer or could we. 

Only another 8 days left and hopefully 2 or 3 signings to come. In Tony Mowbray we trust

Nixon tweeting that Bolton and Ipswich are talking about Garner

Garner is ok but I hope we are targetting better to be honest 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I very much hope that we're aiming for better than Garner. I'm not interested that he's from Blackburn. We're supposed to be assembling a youthful squad that can grow in stature and value over a few years, not sure how he fits into that and his record in the Championship isn't particularly impressive.

• Like 3

Garner wants to come home to the area obviously so feelers are out from his end but no why should we provide that just so he can go out on the lash with his pals and watch Nob End when he's not playing ?

We can do better, a few years ago he might have been worth it but not now.

• Like 2