BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

I still believe and will accept the ridicule if this fails to happen. That we will be impressed  by the signings. No information leaks from ewood and that lack of information is what causes the anxiety. Yet Wagott says signings will increase season ticket sales and Mowbray seems relaxed and confident. Make of that what you will. We’ll find out in the next few days and weeks. 

if this is wrong god help me

• Like 1

I've come to the conclusion that the Smallwood/Evans combo isn't up to scratch for what we need. Smallwood always looks like he's blowing out of his ar$e after 60 minutes and like he's running through treacle when tracking back. Evans isn't much better and will no doubt be out injured for much of this season.

Davenport and the Hibs guys would be a marked improvement for me. We need more creativity & class in there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

Hibs said to want £4 million for Mcginn, as I'm sure they would rather sell to us than Celtic we ought to offer them £2-2.5 Million and a Northern Ireland international central midfielder to replace Mcginn. It would get Evans and his wage of the books and get us a top midfielder. 

Like your thinking!

16 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

We’ve had 3 bids rejected for Bauer now. It’s constant back and forth according to Bowyer. The player wants to come to us.

This is still live after Bauer coming out today saying he was not offered a new contract and will not sign an extension to his current one.

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Hibs said to want £4 million for Mcginn, as I'm sure they would rather sell to us than Celtic we ought to offer them £2-2.5 Million and a Northern Ireland international central midfielder to replace Mcginn. It would get Evans and his wage of the books and get us a top midfielder. 

Evans would have to take a massive wage cut to go there - as good as it sounds for us, this is unlikely to happen.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

This is still live after Bauer coming out today saying he was not offered a new contract and will not sign an extension to his current one.

Do you think he’ll be a Rovers player by Thursday evening?

26 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I really hope that people dont think Smallwood is better than Bennett. Bennett does all the things Smallwood does and better. 

Never got the crack with him myself a freebie discarded from Rotherham 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

Do you think he’ll be a Rovers player by Thursday evening?

Its either that or the club will lose out as he has made it clear he will not sign an extension and will be free to walk at the end of the season. 

The hibs guy Mcginn is exactly what we need. Our 2 in the 4,2,3,1 are not the answer. Evans(no) is only interested in Corry Evans and has been since he arrived.Whittingham legs gone and signing him was a mistake but  that happens. Although it pains me to say it Smallwood  is one division above his ability but not his attitude. He would die for the cause.

If we can put in a player of Mcginns standard and attitude  next to younger players like Davenport and Travis. It will not only improve the team but improve the younger lads who play with him. It may not happen but that would be where my money would go.

• Like 3

I'd go so far as to say a decent defensive midfielder (i.e. Mcginn) should be where the brunt of the money is spent and then maybe loans for a speedy wide-man and striker. We've been deficient in centre midfield for quite a while now and need to sort it out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Never got the crack with him myself a freebie discarded from Rotherham 

Smallwood was given the 'crown' of being Jason Lowe's replacement and that's the only reason he has made it this far relatively critique free. His catchy chant also gave him immunity for a while. 

I will get killed for saying this but i honestly rate Jason Lowe and even Keith Andrews higher than Smallwood. (All not very much)

No dislike to the guy but he simply served his purpose last year and I feel his new deal will be one we're begrudging this time next season as deadwood.

Better use of his chant would be

Oh ay oh, we've got David Raya

Oh ay oh, he's better than De Gea

Oh ay oh, he'll sometimes kick it out of playyyyyy.

1 2 3 4!

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1

Mcginn in, Whittingham & Evans out would do for me. Smallwood kept as a squad filler only due to him being on less wages than Evans. I wouldn't send Travis out on loan as I think this could be the season he breaks through into the first team squad properly. 

18 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Unrealistic on so many levels. Firstly, Hibs could never afford his wages. Secondly, theres a massive assumption that Evans would be willing to move up to Scotland to play for Hibs. Thirdly, I personally cant see us spending so much on a midfielder, but I'd love to be proven wrong on that. (Thats not mindless negativity, that would be a big fee especially on the back of Armstrong)

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

If we’re this interested in Bauer I would imagine it would mean we’re looking to play 3 at the back. Surely we wouldn’t be this keen for a CB to come in for the bench. That or he’s toying with playing Mulgrew elsewhere (which would be a mistake for me).

I do agree that Bauer wouldnt be coming solely as back up, that said, if we can get him for a decent fee, makes sense to get a player thats more than just a stop gap.

That said, I dont ever remember Mowbray playing Mulgrew as a centre back, I think he saw early on that hes at home in the heart of the defence, so I'd suggest its more likely to be in a back 3, which I would not want.

Well that does it!! I like Rich but he doesn’t usually stick his neck on the block like this...if he’s admitting an interest in McGinn it’s fair to say that we are probably trying to get that one over the line by Thursday!! ?

CA359717-17DC-4EEC-8976-23E12ABDF8E4.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Well that does it!! I like Rich but he doesn’t usually stick his neck on the block like this...if he’s admitting an interest in McGinn it’s fair to say that we are probably trying to get that one over the line by Thursday!! ?

CA359717-17DC-4EEC-8976-23E12ABDF8E4.jpeg

McGinn would be a quality signing but id imagine If Celtic up their bid he will be going there.

At least if the link is true it suggests we have a few bob left to spend 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

McGinn would be a quality signing but id imagine If Celtic up their bid he will be going there.

At least if the link is true it suggests we have a few bob left to spend 

I don’t think they can afford to. I also don’t think the lad would want to stay in Scotland, if a move to England was possible.