BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

We could get Maddison for £1.25 million (£2.5 million over 2 years) and Bauer for probably £1 million. The McGinn link suggests we’ve got a few bob left to spend.

Edited by JeffRover

6 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Sheff weds at tonight’s forum confirmed as under embargo. We’ve a sneaky chance this year.

Chansiri - the Venkys of the sea.

It’s always stunk to me (especially with their Portuguese connection) and there’ll be a lot of “I told you so” dished out from me at work tomorrow ?

Weird thing is the strange cult like atmosphere with the fans around SWFC whilst they’ve completely had the piss taken out of them.

A lot of the perennially deluded coming around though now and I’d bet it’s going to get messy...

I’ve got a ton on us finishing higher than them at least!

6 minutes ago, CD_93 said:

Sounds like Maddison's attitude stinks according to some Peterborough fans. TM won't be interested if there's truth in that.

Darragh Macanthony said he’s never been an issue and great 99% of the time.

1 hour ago, markhayhurst said:

Ok so hopefully there are more signings to come before Thursday or a few loans thereafter. 

Adam Armstrong: great a signing and obv a fan/ squad favourite but a luxury we didn’t necessarily need as a priority above more pressing areas??? I.e a holding striker to relieve Graham,  a natural winger, a hustler in midfield with legs even a left back.

Let’s see what happens over the next few days (&loans) but right now though pleased we’re spending money and keeping a happy squad together I’m not sure Armstrong is our priority. 

How do we play him/ make most of him. Two upfront -not likely? Winger-not his position. Impact sub- luxury. Legs for Graham/ maybe but not one to shore up game/ hold ball.

As I say happy to sign a fans favourite/ player with gd attitude but maybe we’d have been better paying more/ guarantee signings elsewhere. 

An astute signing or a panic/ guaranteed signing to please fans??

underwhelmed but happy.

The same way as last year, when he scored plenty of goals and worked perfectly in tandem with Graham and Dack as we kept winning games?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Never got the crack with him myself a freebie discarded from Rotherham 

Smallwood refused to sign a new contract with Rotherham. That's why he left.
To suggest he was "discarded" by Rotherham is a complete misleading of history.

Don't like how we talk up players and then discard them the next.
Downing was being raved about last season, and now he doesn't even warrant a place on the bench in some peoples eyes. How many games did we win with him in the starting XI?
Until recently Smallwood was being spoken of as the "King of Ewood". Now we have been linked to the player north of the border who is talented, people are talking about Smallwood like he should be released on a free!

I'm absolutely baffled how anyone can talk down Smallwood, whilst we still have Peter Whittingham and Ben Gladwin!

Seeing as people seem to be guessing who we will sign before the window closes. I'm going to guess Gallagher on loan, I think we will miss out on McGinn (who will go to Celtic at the eleventh hour!) and sign a box to box midfielder on loan at a later stage, we will probably get Bauer as well as a backup keeper with experience in his latter thirties.

• Like 1

Tell you summet Feckin love efl me, better than premiership defo, sky did right in getting rid of la liga and other comps in favour of more efl. Miles better entertainment

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Smallwood refused to sign a new contract with Rotherham. That's why he left.
To suggest he was "discarded" by Rotherham is a complete misleading of history.

Don't like how we talk up players and then discard them the next.
Downing was being raved about last season, and now he doesn't even warrant a place on the bench in some peoples eyes. How many games did we win with him in the starting XI?
Until recently Smallwood was being spoken of as the "King of Ewood". Now we have been linked to the player north of the border who is talented, people are talking about Smallwood like he should be released on a free!

I'm absolutely baffled how anyone can talk down Smallwood, whilst we still have Peter Whittingham and Ben Gladwin!

Seeing as people seem to be guessing who we will sign before the window closes. I'm going to guess Gallagher on loan, I think we will miss out on McGinn (who will go to Celtic at the eleventh hour!) and sign a box to box midfielder on loan at a later stage, we will probably get Bauer as well as a backup keeper with experience in his latter thirties.

No need to be quite so uptight, not all opinions need to be "positive", we need healthy debate.

Not seen anyone suggest we should release Smallwood on a free. Nor even sell him from what I've seen. So now youre "misleading." He wasnt discarded as you say so you are right in correcting Scotland1 but I feel like what you go on to say is unfair.

Hes still a popular and useful player, I personally am fine with him in the team but understand the scrutiny in that his performance levels did dip below those of Evans towards the end of the season. No one is beyond criticism if its deserved. 

Downing was never more than a stop gap whilst Lenihan was out. He had age and mobility on his side over Ward so was a big upgrade but his performances did deteriorate after a couple of months and I wouldnt be confident with him as a Championship defender over a prolonged period.

The reason no one talks about Gladwin and Whittingham is because neither play.