BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

17 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

So you are critisisng Wilcox and Pearce? Unbelievable!

No he’s saying you improve your side from a position of strength. He then outlined who from that side could potentially have been improved on.

It’s what elite clubs do and unfortunately we rested on our laurels in the summer of 1995 and our position at the top of the game went in a flash.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

Bauer and Maddison

A target man should be the number 1 priority in my opinion.Graham is so important to the way we play, he knits everything together and is crucial to how well the 3 behind do.If he picks up an injury we would be goosed..we have Nobody in the squad capable of doing what Graham can so we really do need someone of his ilk brought in.

I don't think Gallagher is a bad player but not too sure he is the man that could step in/replace Graham, unless he has worked at it Gallagher wasn't too impressive with his hold up play or bringing others in to play when he was last here

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No he’s saying you improve your side from a position of strength. He then outlined who from that side could potentially have been improved on.

It’s what elite clubs do and unfortunately we rested on our laurels in the summer of 1995 and our position at the top of the game went in a flash.

Kenny wanting the liverpool job back screwed things up, along with jack walkers loyalty to Ray Harford.

3 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

Kenny wanting the liverpool job back screwed things up, along with jack walkers loyalty to Ray Harford.

Whatever the reasons it meant we didn’t strengthen, ergo we fell away.

Edited by Mattyblue

37 minutes ago, Butty said:

Loan deal for one of Cameron Jerome or Chris Martin from Derby, and George Thorne or Jacob Butterfield for centre mid if we can't get McGinn in. Double loan swoop or a buy and a loan. You'd definitely take two out of any of them four. Chapman/Maddison and Bauer too and we'll be looking tasty... 

Get the feeling that you may be aiming a little high there!

Chris Martin would be a very good addition, wages and fitness the potential issues. Jerome not for me, couple of years too old and reliant on pace which will now be on the wane, never rated him.

Central midfield, Butterfield not the best and really strongly disliked at Sheffield Wednesday by their fans last year, Thorne a tidy play but injury prone. Not convinced we will sign anyone in that position unless its someone who we cant turn down, in that we are well stocked in there.

Strikers the key position, needs to be someone who can hold the play up. Would love Maddison but for me considering his price, he may be unobtainable. Chris Martin and Bauer permanently and a pacy winger on loan would be very good.

Feel like the same names are cropping up, mainly ex players, Chapman and Gallagher the main 2, only Baeur im convinced we have a strong interest in, I would be surprised if anyone who we do sign is a name not yet mentioned.

• Like 1

Anybody else wish the whole window closed on Thursday.

I hope we can get the majority of our buisness done by Thursday.I hope we don't hear all our targets were too expensive and then we spend till August 31st scratching around for loan players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RovingRover said:

Smallwood refused to sign a new contract with Rotherham. That's why he left.
To suggest he was "discarded" by Rotherham is a complete misleading of history.

Don't like how we talk up players and then discard them the next.
Downing was being raved about last season, and now he doesn't even warrant a place on the bench in some peoples eyes. How many games did we win with him in the starting XI?
Until recently Smallwood was being spoken of as the "King of Ewood". Now we have been linked to the player north of the border who is talented, people are talking about Smallwood like he should be released on a free!

I'm absolutely baffled how anyone can talk down Smallwood, whilst we still have Peter Whittingham and Ben Gladwin!

Seeing as people seem to be guessing who we will sign before the window closes. I'm going to guess Gallagher on loan, I think we will miss out on McGinn (who will go to Celtic at the eleventh hour!) and sign a box to box midfielder on loan at a later stage, we will probably get Bauer as well as a backup keeper with experience in his latter thirties.

Smallwood gives 100 percent. He's a poor man's Savage.  He would be great coming off the bench to help close out games.  A great squad player.  Shouldn't be a definite starter though as technically he's quite poor.   The higher up the league you aspire, the more technical/footballing ability you need.  Such is life. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Smallwood gives 100 percent. He's a poor man's Savage.  He would be great coming off the bench to help close out games.  A great squad player.  Shouldn't be a definite starter though as technically he's quite poor.   The higher up the league you aspire, the more technical/footballing ability you need.  Such is life. 

Tell that to a Mr M Atkins!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Get the feeling that you may be aiming a little high there!

Chris Martin would be a very good addition, wages and fitness the potential issues. Jerome not for me, couple of years too old and reliant on pace which will now be on the wane, never rated him.

Central midfield, Butterfield not the best and really strongly disliked at Sheffield Wednesday by their fans last year, Thorne a tidy play but injury prone. Not convinced we will sign anyone in that position unless its someone who we cant turn down, in that we are well stocked in there.

Strikers the key position, needs to be someone who can hold the play up. Would love Maddison but for me considering his price, he may be unobtainable. Chris Martin and Bauer permanently and a pacy winger on loan would be very good.

Feel like the same names are cropping up, mainly ex players, Chapman and Gallagher the main 2, only Baeur im convinced we have a strong interest in, I would be surprised if anyone who we do sign is a name not yet mentioned.

Was just suggesting them as I don't think they'll be playing much under big Frank this season! I'd rather Martin over Jerome also, his all round game is a lot better and more suited to the lone striker role.  I think if we were going to get Chapman we'd have got him by now, think the only way we'd bring him back is if we missed out on a different target such as Maddison. Hopefully Mowbray's plan A comes off and we're not having to settle for plan D.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

From a mate who is Villa fan who was at the game

Plus seen some stuff on twitter

You mean you saw Nixon tweet that Nmecha was sat in the Villa side of the Directors box. I doubt your "villa supporting mate" would be able to identify a player in the directors box all the way from the away end :lol:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Butty said:

Was just suggesting them as I don't think they'll be playing much under big Frank this season! I'd rather Martin over Jerome also, his all round game is a lot better and more suited to the lone striker role.  I think if we were going to get Chapman we'd have got him by now, think the only way we'd bring him back is if we missed out on a different target such as Maddison. Hopefully Mowbray's plan A comes off and we're not having to settle for plan D.

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

You mean you saw Nixon tweet that Nmecha was sat in the Villa side of the Directors box. I doubt your "villa supporting mate" would be able to identify a player in the directors box all the way from the away end :lol:

I'm not convinced that we will sign a winger sadly. Not sure Mowbray is a fan of wingers, had Chapman but didnt know how to use him. Prefers "wide forwards" and "defensive wingers" but I do prefer to have wingers, even though I appreciate that Armstrong is better wide than central.

Nmecha was telling mates he was going to Swansea at the end of last week and was coming here at the beginning of it. Nixon's Nmecha lottery. Link him with every team in the League and he will go somewhere!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Butty said:

Haven't you ever gone to a game equipped with binoculars, swotted up on what potential signings from other clubs' youth teams look like, and painstakingly perused everyone in the director's box? For shame.

What do you do at games? Watch the football or something? With your own bare eyes?

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Butty said:

Im at work. Not seen the game at all. 

Not seen Nixon tweet