BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Now we've not been able to get our preferred targets the likelihood of Chapman coming back is probably 90%. Loan that's made perm in Jan you'd think. Always seemed as though we could have brought Chapman back as soon as we wanted but instead pursued other avenues, that hasn't worked so welcome back Harry.. If he can fulfill the potential we know he's got we could be fielding 4 or 5 million bids for him in a couple of years. Desperately need a striker though, if Chris Martin isn't in the picture at Derby a loan with a view to a perm would be great, I don't think he'd cost much more than 4 million so IF we have the finance, it's a no brainer.

Think the Chapman ship may have sailed tbh.  Look at it from his point of view.  He's now on the bench for his 'hone club'.  A club far more likely to get promoted than us.  He's highly thought of by the Boro fans who want to see him given a run and his family are in the area.  He's been told he is on our manager's  D list somewhere and would only be a bench player here.  

Not sure why he would leave tbh.  Maybe in Jan if he's been bombed out the side but I will be pleasantly surprised if he turns up in the next 3 weeks.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

True it doesnt look good but i do enjoy that openess of TM sticking his neck out and saying exactly what we need.

I think we d all be even more irate if he was saying nothing ,no signings and no idea which direction TM wants to go with this squad.

Now lets get some bloody players in ..

The key word in your post is "need'. Not "wish for"-----"need".

He knows what we need, has had months to work  at it and it hasn't happened.

We are looking at last minute loans, something he decried.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Think the Chapman ship may have sailed tbh.  Look at it from his point of view.  He's now on the bench for his 'hone club'.  A club far more likely to get promoted than us.  He's highly thought of by the Boro fans who want to see him given a run and his family are in the area.  He's been told he is on our manager's  D list somewhere and would only be a bench player here.  

Not sure why he would leave tbh.  Maybe in Jan if he's been bombed out the side but I will be pleasantly surprised if he turns up in the next 3 weeks.

If they sign Bolaise on loan he won't be in the squad I suspect 

24 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I actually think getting players in on loan proving themselves and then getting a perm deal is a really good approach.. every transfer is a risk and lets be honest we are not in a position to make too many bad calls on players.

It's the only approach we have left. We'll see how many loan deals we get and if any have the option of an agreed fee at the end. 

28 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm saying I don't think it exists at the level reported. The reason for that being once again it hasn't been spent.

We can come up with all sorts of theories as to why but in the end those clubs with money determined to invest it strengthening their ranks just get on with it and do it.

Obviously the best way of proving a moaning, negative conspiracy theorist like me wrong is to actually go out and do it, rather than talk about it.

There was a cash injection from Venkys of circa £4 million about 2 weeks ago.  You would assume now that is the budget money.  Any £5mil bids would have to be structured over X years as there is no way we have that cash up front.  Probably another sticking point with our offers to clubs tbh.

46 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Nice spin. Yet another straw man in fact.

We need to scout our targets, understand their market worth and make a bid that is likely to hit the mark.

However, my point was that we have no idea if we have money or not. Yet some like to confidently state that we do and ram it down the throats of the “non-believers”.

If we had brought in one of our targets - even if at a slightly higher votive than we’d have ideally liked (we have the cash after all) then we would have some proof. As it is, like most windows we have:

- gaps in the first team (for this level)

- expectation raising empty words, excuses and lack of actual proven quality signings

- our hopes pinned on the loan market (and freebies)

- no more proof than in the past four years of Venkys intent

Yet some, like you, choose to ignore what has actually happened and continue to play games and throw rocks.

I actually want you to be right! Just once would be a start!!

I have no likes left but i agree completely...some fans want to pretend tha last 7 years never happened.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

There was a cash injection from Venkys of circa £4 million about 2 weeks ago.  You would assume now that is the budget money.  Any £5mil bids would have to be structured over X years as there is no way we have that cash up front.  Probably another sticking point with our offers to clubs tbh.

Most deals are structured that way thought.Not many transfers are paid all up front 

• K-Hod locked this topic