BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

On 25/04/2018 at 18:35, Tom said:

Out - Conway, Caddis, Gladalloverwin

Loan end - Antonsson, thanks but no thanks

Sign Chapman if a cheap deal can be done, it’s a risk but the potential reward is greater than the risk.

Try and get Armstrong back for another year at least.

Otzumer in on a free if we can (if not then Payne) along with Abu Ogogo on a free if Shrews don’t go up.

That would be a start for me along with a 19 year deal for Dack 

If we’ve any ambitions of being a Championship club we need to buy (or loan) some Championship (or even PL) players not League One.

Armstrong on loan would be on my list because it looks like a good fit for both clubs and the player.

We need a right back (still), and we need adequate replacement for Evanshittingham. Tbf Evans has come good this last few games but he has been dire for large parts of the season.

Being really ruthless, a striker to replace Graham and a centre back to replace Mulgrew. Purely down to legs and injuries, it wouldn’t be one season too far for both, in my view.

His age will probably tempt some to offer him another year but I’d rather let Mulgrew walk away a hero. That’s said, I’d love to be wrong as he’s a fine leader.

Let’s just hope we aren’t approached by Jason Lowe’s agent/mum. We’ve not missed him and he can’t get a gig anywhere but we will still have the same stupid debate if he is even remotely linked.

22 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If we’ve any ambitions of being a Championship club we need to buy (or loan) some Championship (or even PL) players not League One.

Armstrong on loan would be on my list because it looks like a good fit for both clubs and the player.

We need a right back (still), and we need adequate replacement for Evanshittingham. Tbf Evans has come good this last few games but he has been dire for large parts of the season.

Being really ruthless, a striker to replace Graham and a centre back to replace Mulgrew. Purely down to legs and injuries, it wouldn’t be one season too far for both, in my view.

His age will probably tempt some to offer him another year but I’d rather let Mulgrew walk away a hero. That’s said, I’d love to be wrong as he’s a fine leader.

Let’s just hope we aren’t approached by Jason Lowe’s agent/mum. We’ve not missed him and he can’t get a gig anywhere but we will still have the same stupid debate if he is even remotely linked.

There are many players in the championship and Premier league older than Mulgrew and Graham. I don't agree with you about replacing them at all 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Stuart said:

As much as we do need strengthening, its critical not to totally discard the heart of the side whose incredible consistency has got us promoted in the first place.

Mulgrew has played alot of games and avoided injury in the main, and provides us with leadership and know how that we would sorely lack. Graham also gives us that, and the pair of them get the best out of Lenihan and Dack alongside them. For me, the way that theyve both ended the season shows that theres no evidence that they are no longer of massive use to a side promoted to the Championship. 

Mulgrew, Lenihan, Bennett, Smallwood, Dack, Graham, need to build around that. Then beyond that, Raya, Williams, Nyambe, Bell, Whittingham and Evans will all be able to play a part in my opinion, to varying degrees.

Agreed on Lowe though, in fact ive seen us linked with a few ex players on here, Gallagher, Mahoney, we need to look forward, for the first time in a while we have something strong to build on.

I honestly don’t think Mulgrew will stay fit. He has been head and shoulders above almost everyone in L1 but not sure about the level above. I’d hate for him to fade from the game (or Rovers struggle through sentiment). He deserves better.

We still have quite a few players left who performed well at the back end of the last Championship season. Nyambe is one of them. He's just going back to where he started, but probably as a better player. We just need a to add a few bits of quality here and there this summer. We already have the basis of a decent Championship team.

To quote Partridge we need 'Evolution, not revolution. I want to Evolve, not revolve' 

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I think Nyambe will step up.  I actually thought we really missed him after his injury and the midfield missed Bennett. 

I thought Caddis should have come in at right back  when Nyambe got injured to allow Bennett to take Evans place in centre of midfield 

29 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I honestly don’t think Mulgrew will stay fit. He has been head and shoulders above almost everyone in L1 but not sure about the level above. I’d hate for him to fade from the game (or Rovers struggle through sentiment). He deserves better.

With Conway, id totally agree, his legs are clearly going, he doesnt affect games anymore.

Mulgrew on the other hand, his intelligence and ability have never been in question, just his fitness and Im not sure what more he could have done this season, albeit I admit its a weaker league, to suggest he can cope physically.

Hes got a year left on his contract anyway I think, so im sure he will stay.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Now we are back up he will definitely be putting the feelers out at the very least.

Whether Mogga wants him or not, I dunno.

• Backroom
36 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Now we are back up he will definitely be putting the feelers out at the very least.

Whether Mogga wants him or not, I dunno.

Hopefully not. We didn't need him in League 1 and we certainly don't need him in the Championship. I'd say L1 is about his level so once Blackpool's new owners come in maybe Uncle Gary will have some spare cash to give Lowey a new home.

Just now, DE. said:

Hopefully not. We didn't need him in League 1 and we certainly don't need him in the Championship. I'd say L1 is about his level so once Blackpool's new owners come in maybe Uncle Gary will have some spare cash to give Lowey a new home.

I hope not too but he'll be a free agent and he's only made 9 apps for the Brummies (could have been injured a lot, I'm not sure) so I don't think he'll be getting a new contract.

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I don't know who as I haven't seen much of them but surly wolves will be investing heavily in the summer and would be trying to move some squad players out. Anyone worth a look at their ?

Looking through their squad the only two that we could probably entice would be Ben Marshall- no thanks or Duckens Nazon- seems to like ewoodEwood

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Looking through their squad the only two that we could probably entice would be Ben Marshall- no thanks or Duckens Nazon- seems to like ewoodEwood

Is that the lad on loan at Oldham. If so he would be worth a punt from what I've seen which is only the goals highlights. Anyone know more about him

24 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I don't know who as I haven't seen much of them but surly wolves will be investing heavily in the summer and would be trying to move some squad players out. Anyone worth a look at their ?

Wolves fans seem to believe that their long-standing captain Danny Batth will be shipped out this summer.  Interesting case as he plays CB, absolute unit but seems to be disliked by their new manager 

He's also half Indian and has recently made a film that's due to be aired out there. Seems to have a bit of a following in India and with our obvious links,  may be one to watch... 

Just now, oozy_brfc said:

Wolves fans seem to believe that their long-standing captain Danny Batth will be shipped out this summer.  Interesting case as he plays CB, absolute unit but seems to be disliked by their new manager 

He's also half Indian and has recently made a film that's due to be aired out there. Seems to have a bit of a following in India and with our obvious links,  may be one to watch... 

Never heard of him but if he has captained that wolves team he must be a good un

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

I think we shouldn't underestimate the influence our experienced players like Mulgrew, Graham and Conway have on the squad and its mentality. I'd keep all of them. Surely worth another season at least. 

• Backroom
Just now, Miker said:

I think we shouldn't underestimate the influence our experienced players like Mulgrew, Graham and Conway have on the squad and its mentality. I'd keep all of them. Surely worth another season at least. 

The first two for sure but I feel Conway has proven this season he doesn’t have much left in him, only keep on really low wages for me 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Against us he looked a real player, but not sure how much else he's done all season? 

6 hours ago, Miker said:

Against us he looked a real player, but not sure how much else he's done all season? 

In truth most Oldham players did but that tells me a lot about them as characters given that they are now relegated.

6 hours ago, Miker said:

So £60k-plus per week for influence?

If they stay fit I’d certainly want Mulgrew and Graham. It’s a gamble though. The Championship is a hard hard season.