BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Palmer looks a promising loan signing, will bring some muscle to the team as the Championship is a very physical league.

On my wishlist are a pacey winger (Chapman ideally), versatile striker who can also play wide (Armstrong) and a proper center forward. Not asking a lot :)

So all that fuss and build up this afternoon and the “big announcement” is a loan signing that Sky Sports announced last Saturday? Brilliant. Doesn’t bode well that they have built this one up as much as they have.

On the plus side, it’s a full season loan so at least we can plan. Let’s hope he’s as good as the hype.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, markhayhurst said:

Just been going through kasey’s twitter and players in common with large majority of rovers squad including Bennett are:

Danny Williams. Huddersfield/USMNT

Damari Grey. Leicester 

Any of these seem like potential loans or even signings? 

Take that as a no then?

“I’m trying to loosen the burden on Bradley Dack, Danny Graham, Dominic Samuel, those sort of players. They need some help and after losing Adam Armstrong, Jack Payne, Harry Chapman, we have really lost a lot of attacking minding players,"

I don't know why but I take this as Armstrong is one that he's moved on from. 

9 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

Take that as a no then?

Demarai Gray will be featuring a lot for the first team at Leicester this season, as he did last season. Danny Williams is a solid CM and is better than anything we've got. Made 20 appearances for Huddersfield last season, and in today's market he would probably be too much for us, he'd be out of our reach for sure. Plus I don't think we are looking at centre midfield as a position of interest. Hope that answers your question buddy. 

• Like 1

Excellent signing. He’s certainly a matchwinner, of which we’re lacking. 

I would expect our “big” signing will be Armstrong, and that’s where the baulk of our budget will go. I would anticipate another loan coming in the forward positions, probably a target man.

Add a decent back-up centre half and I think we’re looking relatively strong.

On top of that, I think Lewis Travis will cement a regular place place in the centre of midfield this season, which will feel like a new signing. He looks like a top player. 

13 minutes ago, Neal said:

“I’m trying to loosen the burden on Bradley Dack, Danny Graham, Dominic Samuel, those sort of players. They need some help and after losing Adam Armstrong, Jack Payne, Harry Chapman, we have really lost a lot of attacking minding players,"

I don't know why but I take this as Armstrong is one that he's moved on from. 

I wouldn't. For now he isn't out player, so what Mowbray says is fact. He couldn't be not including him in that list if we were going to sign him, needs to wait til it's official!

50 minutes ago, Stuart said:

So all that fuss and build up this afternoon and the “big announcement” is a loan signing that Sky Sports announced last Saturday? Brilliant. Doesn’t bode well that they have built this one up as much as they have.

On the plus side, it’s a full season loan so at least we can plan. Let’s hope he’s as good as the hype.

Oh Eeyore, when are you ever going to lighten up!? ???

Think protecting the wage structure is Tony's top priority - we'll just have to let go of Armstrong unless he and his agent are happy to take a cut.....

...ha!

Palmer - great signing for the season, though!

Happy with the Palmer signing, in that hes of a calibre to really push us on, proven record of promotion at this level, and gives us more individuality in the final third. Very happy to see that the deal is a season long loan too.

Think the media team have scored a bit of an own goal with their over the top coverage of the deal, seems a bit underwhelming to only sign the player we all knew we were signing anyway. Not one for all the nonsense on social media around signings but thats perhaps grumpiness beyond my years.

I just hope that Palmer is a regular and Mowbray finds a way of using him with Dack. He is naturally a central player which clashes with Dack, but he can play from wide, I imagine Chelsea will have ensured, probably via financial penalties, that we give him the game time they consider to be sufficient to agree to a season long loan, so I hope we see him regularly, albeit he has had problems with injuries in the past.

Mowbray has given Dack the perfect platform to take his game up a couple of levels, and he knew exactly how to use Armstrong in terms of getting him involved from wide in a way that Bolton had failed to do. Contrary to this, Chapman in particular was underused and Mowbray didnt know how to get the best of him, and Payne who is also naturally a 10 and in glimpses had shown that he could link with Dack from wide positions, was again not trusted nearly enough in favour of safer but far less offensively threatening alternatives in Antonsson and Conway. His eye for exciting, attacking talent is there, his use of them is hit and miss.

Its down to Mowbray to get Palmer in the team and working in tandem with Dack as soon as possible. If he does that I imagine we will be entertained.

Now for a good striker and some pace out wide, and a centre back.

• Like 2

Prixon says Nmecha off to Swansea. If true then it's a shame as I think he'll do well this season, talented kid. Saying that though it is Nixon, and he did say we were in pole position to get Kent before he went to Rangers.

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

Prixon says Nmecha off to Swansea. If true then it's a shame as I think he'll do well this season, talented kid. Saying that though it is Nixon, and he did say we were in pole position to get Kent before he went to Rangers.

Cant say id be concerned even if it was true. So raw and untested.

Swansea going for players like Nmecha, Celina and McKay dont scream of promotion to me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Butty said:

He actually tweeted that Nmecha is telling "his mates" he is off to Swansea. #sources #bitinpaper #aye

Unlike many If we had a choice of one only between Chapman and Armstrong I'd take Chapman every day of the week. Injuries permitting will be  a far brighter talent than Armstrong imo. Doubt we'll get either.

The Palmer signing leaves us well stocked with number 10's but changes little. We still urgently need as an absolute minimum at least one genuine wide man and two decent strikers imo. From the way TM is talking we aren't going to get them.