BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

I appreciate what Mowbray did for Rovers, but he did ‘play’ us for his own means. He did look after himself and made some strange decisions. He stayed too long and should really of gone sooner. The thing that annoyed me, was him saying if he didn’t think he was up to the job, he would leave. He didn’t. That’s when I lost faith in him. To put him on Keans level is simply not the case. That man ruined us and had friends help in the ‘dark arts’ and destroy our club. 

• Like 9

To get the best out of Armstrong you have to tailor your play almost entirely to him and probably rotate him from being up top to wide.  That's what Mowbray did for a season or so and that's what helped turn him into a 15 million quid forward but he's another i'm not sure fits JDTs style.

He was a lazy little fecker at times and wouldn't do the graft on the left BBD when he was on it although i think he's just as big a threat going forward at this level.

We are in no position to turn down a player like that though if it was doable.

• Backroom

Arma was able to score goals in Mowbray's system - not that it did us any good in terms of challenging for a promotion spot, which is ridiculous when you have a striker scoring 28 goals.

Would he fit into Tomasson's style of play? I'm not sure. He doesn't seem to have improved since he left us, in fact it's possible that he's gone backwards. His confidence must be knocked, he hasn't been playing regularly and Southampton's system doesn't seem to have suited him very well. 

Entirely possible he could come back here, recapture his old form and be part of a team that has a genuine shot at getting out of the league this time around. Alternatively, it may not work out this time around as a lot has changed. He'd likely be asking for significantly more wages than before so it'd be a much bigger risk than the first time he signed. 

Ultimately it's all moot anyway as realistically we can't afford him, but I have to admit it'd be interesting to see what would happen if he did return. Considering he has good pedigree in this league you'd assume Southampton would want to utilise him though. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

I think a player like that would work well in our set-up.

I think that JDT wants to move the ball forward as fast as possible and a proper target man would be great for that.

We really missed having someone to aim for last season. Hopefully there will be no more of this wide forward bollocks.

14 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I think a player like that would work well in our set-up.

I think that JDT wants to move the ball forward as fast as possible and a proper target man would be great for that.

We really missed having someone to aim for last season. Hopefully there will be no more of this wide forward bollocks.

Are you talking about Adam Armstrong here?