BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Absolutely. 21 goals this calendar year now. There was a stat not too long ago saying he'd been involved in more goals in 2020 than any other player in the English league. I'm assuming this is still the case.

I think that'd be a fair valuation these days. He's not the finished article yet but he's worth that sort of money.

Armstrong is an absolutely fabulous player. Can do everything really at this level except play a target man role. Can drop off and link up, get in behind, run the channels, cross,, score from distance, get his head on it and score.  What's amazing is that he probably can up his goals scored by 20-30% through improvements to his finishing. 

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think that'd be a fair valuation these days. He's not the finished article yet but he's worth that sort of money.

Agree. I was just thinking last night that he scores all kinds of goals other than headers. Then he goes and scores a header.

His goal scoring highlight reel is very impressive. Scores with both feet, blasted finishes, dinked finishes, lobs, strikes from distance, instinctive finishes, curled finishes.

I probably wasn't his biggest fan 18 months ago, but he's flourished since Dack has been injured. Definitely our most valuable asset now, especially after Dack's injury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I can see now how this one is going to go. Armstrong hitting 20+ goals as we limp along to a bottom half finish. He will then attract big bids which will internally vindicate Mowbray's management and earn him brownie points in India.

Armstrong then sold and the never ending journey continues as we replace him with someone on the cheap and it takes time to adjust to a new way of playing or it was always going to be difficult to adapt without his goals.

Oh absolutely. He'll vindicate his performance to them despite us not having a sniff of the play-offs, through the likes of Armstrong's potential value.

What's the betting when Arma does go that TM will once again return to the 'Dacky off the big man' approach.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Agree. I was just thinking last night that he scores all kinds of goals other than headers. Then he goes and scores a header.

His goal scoring highlight reel is very impressive. Scores with both feet, blasted finishes, dinked finishes, lobs, strikes from distance, instinctive finishes, curled finishes.

I probably wasn't his biggest fan 18 months ago, but he's flourished since Dack has been injured. Definitely our most valuable asset now, especially after Dack's injury.

Me too, he wasn't flying 18 months ago but having said that he was out on the wing most of the time.

• Like 1

I fear that when Armstrong does go, we then go from being content if Gallagher and Brereton can chip in (which they still dont really manage) to being reliant on them as key sources in our attack.

52 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Oh absolutely. He'll vindicate his performance to them despite us not having a sniff of the play-offs, through the likes of Armstrong's potential value.

What's the betting when Arma does go that TM will once again return to the 'Dacky off the big man' approach.

Dack like Armstrong will have a year left next summer, I doubt he will stay.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

That was a very good header. Brave too. Good to see.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Brentford always seem to get their recruitment spot on.

Or maybe they sign specific players for specific roles with specific attributes to fit into a specific system . It’s no coincidence every player they sell is replaced with quality. Compare that with our strategy and it’s laughable

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

They were sensational finishes, Aguero would have been proud of them. 

AA will only get better. They need to sign him up to another contract pronto because otherwise he'll have to be sold on the cheap. 

Do you think thats there any chance of getting him to agree a new deal. Essentially since he signed as we were promoted, we have been continuously in mid table, and show no tangible signs of pushing beyond that this year.

Armstrong after 1 and a half very underwhelming years has started to go from strength to strength and if he continues to score prolifically, after a year and a half of goalscoring and having just turned 24, he could be in a very strong position assuming we dont go up this season with only a year on his contract to go. If I was his agent or indeed even him, I would advise to hold off and wait and see, his position will only grow stronger.

Just now, LeftWinger said:

I think someone said it expires in the summer of 2022. I wouldn't be rushing to sign a new one if I was him.

So selling him before the end of next summer is the only option to get a decent fee  if he doesn't want to sign a new contract.

Hopefully his contract is one of the ones Mowbray referred to t'other day as being worked on.  

He might be gone in Jan at this rate if he keeps scoring.

It all seems a bit shit or bust this season. 

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I dunno the big men might just get shunted out wide

Has there been anything reported on Armstrongs injury?

I expect now from the various media sources that Mowbray will be given an easy time on the nonsense he comes out with, not being worried about his decisions, just one of those days etc, as well as his repeated tactical mishaps notably Gallagher out wide, but surprised not to see nothing on the Armstrong injury. If he is injured, we are fucked.

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I expect now from the various media sources that Mowbray will be given an easy time on the nonsense he comes out with, not being worried about his decisions, just one of those days etc, as well as his repeated tactical mishaps notably Gallagher out wide, but surprised not to see nothing on the Armstrong injury. If he is injured, we are fucked.

I think we're fairly fucked either way with that defence!

50 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Blackburn Rovers will assess Adam Armstrong in training on Monday to assess the severity of the hamstring issue he sustained. 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-injuries-armstrong-mowbray-19201129

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blackburn Rovers will assess Adam Armstrong in training on Monday to assess the severity of the hamstring issue he sustained. 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-injuries-armstrong-mowbray-19201129

I don't think that we are going to see much more of him in a Rovers shirt.

Edited by Ewood Ace

27 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Mercer called this early doors and asked why he was still on the pitch. Having played with it for the best part of an hour can't have helped matters. But then mowbray has history for this already this season

• Like 5

My thoughts as soon as I saw Armstrong clutching his hamstring midway during the first half on Saturday was get him off. They also went back to similar thoughts with Chapman at Bury I think or possibly Oldham. The point being Mowbray didn't haul either off and we know the results with Chapman. Hopefully Arma won't have similar lasting damage. Ludicrous management on both counts.

• Like 4