BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

I hope Mowbray uses him is best position, which is alongside a big striker in a front 2. I think he will struggle as a wide man in a front 3 in the Championship and he most definitely is not a winger. 

Jury is out on this signing.  I'm not convinced. 

• Like 1

Great signing. Welcome back

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

I hope Mowbray uses him is best position, which is alongside a big striker in a front 2. I think he will struggle as a wide man in a front 3 in the Championship and he most definitely is not a winger. 

And how do we fit Dack and Palmer into 4-4-2?

Armstronng mostly will play as a wide forward

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Cheer up lad. It's a good signing!  ?

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Great signing. Welcome back

And how do we fit Dack and Palmer into 4-4-2?

Armstronng mostly will play as a wide forward

Is Palmer going to start ? 

Armstrong offers little threat as a wide forward

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Squad numbers obviously mean bugger all these days, but the fact he's number 7 suggests he will be playing wide again...

And that Harry isn’t coming in 

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Offers pace and an outlet for us to utilise on the counter. We were crying out for someone to run onto a through ball at Ipswich. Dack possesses the quality to find him too. 

Very pleased to see nearly 3 million spent on a player too!

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He scored 9 goals in 21 matches from that position last season. Yes a division lower but that's what I can judge him on...9 goals in 21 matches isn't a threat?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Shocking 

Just now, tomphil said:

Good signing and some more very long overdue significant reinvestment, i'd love them to spend similar on a good solid centre half and a good centre midfielder !

Doubt there's anything in it, but will be interesting to see if the John McGinn rumours have anything in them.

Seems like there are some murmurings about a busy week at Ewood. Numbers don't necessarily equate to quality & investment, but if they include McGinn & a Maddison or Chapman then we can genuinely expect to surprise a few this year. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Armstrong has it all to prove in this division, so let's see how things go. Chances are he won't be playing in his natural position so it remains to be seen how effectual he'll be. 

That said for the price it's a no brainer. It's also likely the most we've spent on a player in terms of transfer fee since we signed Jordan Rhodes in August 2012. Let's hope there's more to come. 

Well you guys on here have seen far more of Armstrong than me, but from what I have seen I wasn’t impressed at all really. Not sure what function he serves in the team and seemed to disappear for long periods. Hopefully you’ll tell me that I’ve got that wrong. 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

The whiteboard here confirms the formation 

Just wish I could work out the names on the left hand side!

Large

Is it a 3-2-4-1 or a 4-2-3-1? 

Its obvious which one it is of course but depends which way up you look at it!