BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm suggesting that they dont pass off gossip from miles away as real interest in one of our better players.

Not really asking for a 'cover up', just report on facts preferably unearthed at Rovers end rather than fanning the flames of what might be a Nixon style column filler and nothing more.

These sort of things spread like wildfire and within weeks will be going round as clubs preparing bids. That can't do us or the player any good at this stage.

And didn't the LT said we had enquires for Armstrong in January for him but rejected straight away. 

54 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Who says that's a fact? It's a rumour. It might be true, it might not. There's no way the Telegraph know. So they are piggy backing on a rumour from elsewhere.

Saying he is being watched by others is fairly obvious and could apply to most players in the Championship. Premier League clubs spend fortunes scouting players all over the place. The vast majority don't get bids and don't move.

Telegraph are mischief makers who are always quite quick to jump upon distant rumours of interest in one of our star players but never actually come up with anything positive about the club e.g. new signings or spending. 

You said it! 

It just seems fairly standard stuff to me. I don't think any sale will be down to the LT alerting scouts. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm suggesting that they dont pass off gossip from miles away as real interest in one of our better players.

Not really asking for a 'cover up', just report on facts preferably unearthed at Rovers end rather than fanning the flames of what might be a Nixon style column filler and nothing more.

These sort of things spread like wildfire and within weeks will be going round as clubs preparing bids. That can't do us or the player any good at this stage.

LT articles? I would say anyone apart from Rovers fans read them. 

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

They didn't create the story - it was already out there.

It's not even a story. Its spreading gossip and rumour. Not doing Rovers any favours.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/02/20/report-suggests-newcastle-want-to-re-sign-10-goal-eight-figure-a/

Here we go. Doesn't take much to get these sort of things going.

Next news is 'local press' in Blackburn have reported interest in him, even though they've just picked up a rumour from elsewhere.

Then it snowballs.

36 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It's not even a story. Its spreading gossip and rumour. Not doing Rovers any favours.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/02/20/report-suggests-newcastle-want-to-re-sign-10-goal-eight-figure-a/

Here we go. Doesn't take much to get these sort of things going.

Next news is 'local press' in Blackburn have reported interest in him, even though they've just picked up a rumour from elsewhere.

Then it snowballs.

When was the last time the club sold a significant player?

It's before Mowbrays time,Raya apart (who the manager wasn't bothered about losing) we haven't sold any of our better players 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

When was the last time the club sold a significant player?

It's before Mowbrays time,Raya apart (who the manager wasn't bothered about losing) we haven't sold any of our better players 

True, credit to the owners and club for that (although we had similar under Bowyer 2013-15 before the rug was pulled out from under him).

I'm not criticising Rovers here. I'm criticising certain elements who seem to enjoy creating gossip and uncertainty about our better players when there's very little evidence of anything happening. These sort of things quickly spiral out of control and become fact in the eyes of some.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah pre Mowbray.Im not trying to say we have great owners,just since Mowbray joined the club we haven't sold any significant players and spent a competitive amount 

Fair enough.

For my own sanity, I just prefer to take a longer view.

Relegation-both times-was self-inflicted. Both times, on the way down, we sold good players and replaced them with poor ones.

The problem is that the longer we stay down in the Championship, the more likely we are to lose our prized assets. And remember we have never really occupied a playoff position.

It will be an absolute miracle, if TM can get us up this year in the context of injuries and window failure.

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

It's not even a story. Its spreading gossip and rumour. Not doing Rovers any favours

https://www-deepdaledigest-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.deepdaledigest.com/news/adam-armstrong-reportedly-valued-at-eight-figure-fee-18-months-since-snubbing-preston/amp/#

Further rumours but interesting.

Lol he only joined us to work with Mowbray again. Not because he wanted to be here more, rated us more, we paid more or sees us as a better bet all around.

Thank god too. With their excitement over 'beating' us to free agent Bauer and landing Scott Sinclair I wonder how hysterical they would have been had they spent a club record on Armstrong.

Just now, JHRover said:

Lol he only joined us to work with Mowbray again. Not because he wanted to be here more, rated us more, we paid more or sees us as a better bet all around.

Thank god too. With their excitement over 'beating' us to free agent Bauer and landing Scott Sinclair I wonder how hysterical they would have been had they spent a club record on Armstrong.

A tad unrealistic, but I would have preferred something like..

Even growing up in Chapel House, the young Geordie was captivated by the famous blue and white halves...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

We didn't have any other than Dack. 

Didn't have any other what? Significant players?

Lenihen , Graham,Mulgrew even Evans would have all had suitors if they were made available when we went down.

You telling me last summer teams wouldn't have been interested in the likes of Lenihen,Travis  etc?

Edited by islander200

1 minute ago, 47er said:

SIGNIFICANT PLAYERS!!

Nonsense .Lenihen was courted by Sheffield United.So your saying Dack would have been the only player to have interest?

You must think Mowbray is working miracles with our only significant player out injured and we still in contention for the play off

Edited by islander200

Just now, islander200 said:

Nonsense .Lenihen was courted by Sheffield United.So your saying Dack would have been the only player to have interest?

Only one to command a big fee, But I'll leave it there, I sense a never-ending argument coming on.

16 minutes ago, 47er said:

Only one to command a big fee, But I'll leave it there, I sense a never-ending argument coming on.

Lenihen,Nyambe ,Travis and Armstrong would all command decent fee,'s in today's market.

Maybe not 15-20 million like  we would have got for Dack but those players mentioned above would get plenty of interest if made available.

My statement is correct I don't see how you can argue with it ,facts are facts we have sold nobody with any value apart from Raya(who the manager was non plussed about)since Mowbray took over 3 year ago 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2