BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

• 5 months later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers

Noticed he has the highest shots on target rate of anybody on this page. I found that especially interesting since he shoots from distance so often. Hoping for big things from Arma next season if we can keep him. A full season like his second half of this season, and we're either getting promoted (defence permitting...) or he's off for big bucks. Hopefully he gels with Dack rather than their styles clashing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Noticed he has the highest shots on target rate of anybody on this page. I found that especially interesting since he shoots from distance so often. Hoping for big things from Arma next season if we can keep him. A full season like his second half of this season, and we're either getting promoted (defence permitting...) or he's off for big bucks. Hopefully he gels with Dack rather than their styles clashing.

It'll be the latter

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

It'll be the latter

Most likely, but if (this first being the biggest of ifs given recent history) the defensive situation gets fixed, Armstrong fires all season and Dack returns like his old self, I'd definitely fancy us for the playoffs. It's small margins in this league.

We know TM won't fix the defence and GK situation adequately and we might sell a key player to stockpile more CMs or just pay the bills, but let me have 5 seconds of optimism eh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Personal view: Arma’s goals will drop off when Dack returns and takes up that free role position. Arma back out on the left and getting fewer opportunities.

I doubt we could shoehorn in two false nines so either Arma makes way or becomes a true nine, just not a target man.

Let’s hope I’m wrong because if Dack and Armstrong can get 15 goals apiece we will be well up there.

All we need now is a keeper, 2 centre backs, and a left back.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Armstrong is quality player and someone who we need to be building our team around and he needs a long term contract here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

How Arma and Dack work is a concern of mine too. If we could somehow get both of them scoring 15+ goals each season, we are onto a winner. 

I don't think Mowbray has ever managed to merge these two well into one particular system. Will be a big challenge.

When Dack plays, you can see the though process of the defenders when we're playing out with the ball... "Where's Dack" - "Get the ball to Dack". Arma has thrived in his absence because since January, the question for those defenders in possession has been, "Where's Armstrong". 

With both players in the side it'll be amazing if we can manage to use both as the target for those passes, interchanging etc... but history shows that when Dack plays, he is the focal point.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Armstrong is quality player and someone who we need to be building our team around and he needs a long term contract here

Its easy saying that but he is possibly our biggest asset at the moment. Should a team make a serious bid, like any team in this league it is nigh on impossible to stop him moving on.

It is ok saying give him a long term contract but if I was in his position, with my name very much on the up, I wouldnt be in a rush to sign a long term deal. It makes more sense to hold off and see who comes in for him.

Just now, JoeH said:

I don't think Mowbray has ever managed to merge these two well into one particular system. Will be a big challenge.

When Dack plays, you can see the though process of the defenders when we're playing out with the ball... "Where's Dack" - "Get the ball to Dack". Arma has thrived in his absence because since January, the question for those defenders in possession has been, "Where's Armstrong". 

With both players in the side it'll be amazing if we can manage to use both as the target for those passes, interchanging etc... but history shows that when Dack plays, he is the focal point.

The main difference for Armstrong has been playing in a more central role, that has been the main reason for his up turn in form. For the 2 years prior to Dacks injury, Armstrong spent most of his time wide, with Graham up front in the main. In theory, Dack playing off Armstrong in a side that is moving away from playing direct could work. Whether it will, we dont know.

Problem being, Mowbrays solution will probably be Armstrong wide and Dack as a false 9, or something equally needlessly complicated. 

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

Someone mentioned Jordon Ibe has been released.

Ibe and AA either side of Gallagher is a promotion front line!

Doesnt score enough for me, so will fit right in on the wing. Something like 1 in 15 he gets

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Its easy saying that but he is possibly our biggest asset at the moment. Should a team make a serious bid, like any team in this league it is nigh on impossible to stop him moving on.

It is ok saying give him a long term contract but if I was in his position, with my name very much on the up, I wouldnt be in a rush to sign a long term deal. It makes more sense to hold off and see who comes in for him.

Armstrong's best 2 seasons have been come under Mowbray so he needs to be careful his decision to move if it happens. 

I would be making him the highest earner at the club. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Armstrong's best 2 seasons have been come under Mowbray so he needs to be careful his decision to move if it happens. 

I would be making him the highest earner at the club. 

He has spent much of his young career under Mowbray. If a Prem team wants him, which im not convinced about, he will wanna go and we will struggle to stop him. The way football works.

15 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Just changed it for you.?

You are big fan of Hugill aren't you?

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He has spent much of his young career under Mowbray. If a Prem team wants him, which im not convinced about, he will wanna go and we will struggle to stop him. The way football works.

Like I said before, Armstrong need to be careful on his decision if there is one as we seen players move to PL clubs then sit on the bench or not play at all like Hugilll at West Ham or Gayle at Palace

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are big fan of Hugill aren't you?

Like I said before, Armstrong need to be careful on his decision if there is one as we seen players move to PL clubs then sit on the bench or not play at all like Hugilll at West Ham or Gayle at Palace

Or he could look at Jarod Bowen and think yes please!

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2020 at 08:17, Stuart said:

Let’s hope I’m wrong because if Dack and Armstrong can get 15 goals apiece we will be well up there.

Don't be so sure about that.

We had 40 goals from Rhodes and Rudy remember?

Was just reading Smallwood's comments thanking the fans for singing his name and it occurs to me we don't have enough songs for individual players. Arma has been our best player for months and as far as I'm aware no song mentions his name? Think we could do with one. To modify one everyone already knows the tune to (easier to catch on):

Adam Armstrong's magic, he wears a magic hat,

And when he's 40 yards out, he says I'm having that!

Any other ideas?

• Like 1