BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Watched the last 25 minutes thanks to  @briansol Rovers only had ten men but still competed well.  Some poor play from some Derby youngsters but 16 year-old Sibley (sp?) looked their best player from what I saw, a real talent.

They showed Mols goal at the end and it was a very nice finish, what a shame for him he was injured most of last season but good to see him back.

Finished 2-2

Edited by Blueandwhitemike

Watched the second half and was quite impressed. Derby had some experienced players out there but the youngster played without fear. Very noteworthy was that they tried to play all the time, very few clearances even with 10 men. Probably more impressive as a team, than any single individual. Have to mention Grayson though who had really good distribution from the back as well as a good set piece taker. Quite similar to Mulgrew in that sense. FIscher in goal also looked good, fantastic save from Chris Martin right before the end.

A few looks ready to go out on loan and play men's football. Fischer , Grayson, Hardcastle and Tomlinson could all do a job in League 2 at least. Maybe Mols as well, heard he did well in the first half.

• Like 1

Went out on my bike after work, cycled passed Pride Park, saw a few fans mingling outside the stadium and wondered what game was on tonight - presumed it wasn't a first team game. I wish I'd known it was our U23's. Shame, I'd have gone there tonight for my footy fix, from reading above it looked like it was an entertaining game.

• Backroom

I thought that Lithuanian lad might have been involved... 

To say there was supposedly a number of big clubs after him I'm surprised there has been nothing official from the club?

Any idea?

53 minutes ago, Madon said:

To say there was supposedly a number of big clubs after him I'm surprised there has been nothing official from the club?

Any idea?

If he was 17 he's probably gonna play for the U-18 to start with.  Wouldn't take the supposed interest from big clubs too seriously. Quite common that foreign young talents in an age group have trials/training spells with English clubs. If he was that good he would being going elsewhere for a lot of money.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bepeja43 said:

Been to pride park on a break from work(driver).. Seemed out of the way on a retail estate.. Not somewhere you'd ride past on the way to somewhere.. 

Maybe my memory is playing tricks though.

There is a pretty good cycle network in Derby and one route that runs down the side of the river at the back of Pride Park. All off road from the house, past PP and into the city center. Moving from somewhere with limited facilities for cyclists its pretty impressive.

Your memory is correct on the retail estate though.

3 hours ago, Derby Blue said:

There is a pretty good cycle network in Derby and one route that runs down the side of the river at the back of Pride Park. All off road from the house, past PP and into the city center. Moving from somewhere with limited facilities for cyclists its pretty impressive.

Your memory is correct on the retail estate though.

Probably was 10 years ago now.

20 hours ago, Madon said:

Any idea?

Waiting on paperwork being finalised according to Sharpe 

• Like 1

Willem Tomlinson was also in the side.

It was a funny only game really. Chelsea got a goal in the first couple of minutes and then we had a guilt edge chance a few minutes later that we really should have scored - one-on-one with the keeper and fluffed it.

After that Rovers were on top for large spells without really looking like getting an equaliser. Chelsea were professional if not comfortable in maintaining their lead but perhaps got away with it a little.

Second half Chelsea turned it up a notch and gave us a bit of a lesson really. It was a good game to watch though and although they did look good I felt 3 without reply flattered Chelsea a little.

I’ve defended him a lot - and I still think Mowbray knocked his confidence last season - but I wasn’t at all impressed with Nuttall tonight. He seems to have lost a bit of desire, although he bucked up a little after half time he just looked like he didn’t want to be there. Maybe I’m being unfair but I think he needs to go out on loan sharpish to rediscover his enthusiasm.

Fisher was a little casual tonight as well. Competent for the most part, not really tested but didn’t seem to be in command or have a good relationship with the lads in front of him. He may well be missing having Matty Platt and Jack Doyle in front of him (not sure where Magloire was). Travis’ energy was obvious by its absence.

Paton caught the eye. Buckley will need to work a bit smarter to take to the right back slot in the way Travis did. Mols was a bit rusty. Simmonds when he came on was lightening quick though! Wow!

Back to the drawing board for Johnson and a real eye opener for the young lads. This season will be a much better test of their credentials. Chelsea only finished 8th out of 12 teams last season and a Chelsea fan I spoke to on the way out said that they hadn’t added anyone to their ranks over the Summer. Arsenal and Liverpool will be very interesting.

Disappointing result but enjoyed the game for what it was. Decent crowd on too - over 400.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

It was a funny only game really. Chelsea got a goal in the first couple of minutes and then we had a guilt edge chance a few minutes later that we really should have scored - one-on-one with the keeper and fluffed it.

After that Rovers were on top for large spells without really looking like getting an equaliser. Chelsea were professional if not comfortable in maintaining their lead but perhaps got away with it a little.

Second half Chelsea turned it up a notch and gave us a bit of a lesson really. It was a good game to watch though and although they did look good I felt 3 without reply flattered Chelsea a little.

I’ve defended him a lot - and I still think Mowbray knocked his confidence last season - but I wasn’t at all impressed with Nuttall tonight. He seems to have lost a bit of desire, although he bucked up a little after half time he just looked like he didn’t want to be there. Maybe I’m being unfair but I think he needs to go out on loan sharpish to rediscover his enthusiasm.

Fisher was a little casual tonight as well. Competent for the most part, not really tested but didn’t seem to be in command or have a good relationship with the lads in front of him. He may well be missing having Matty Platt and Jack Doyle in front of him (not sure where Magloire was). Travis’ energy was obvious by its absence.

Paton caught the eye. Buckley will need to work a bit smarter to take to the right back slot in the way Travis did. Mols was a bit rusty. Simmonds when he came on was lightening quick though! Wow!

Back to the drawing board for Johnson and a real eye opener for the young lads. This season will be a much better test of their credentials. Chelsea only finished 8th out of 12 teams last season and a Chelsea fan I spoke to on the way out said that they hadn’t added anyone to their ranks over the Summer. Arsenal and Liverpool will be very interesting.

Disappointing result but enjoyed the game for what it was. Decent crowd on too - over 400.

Tyler's injured, ain't he?

Simmonds has impressed a number of times, worth maybe blooding into first team later in the season? Hardcastle too?

Danny Butterworth limped off, hope it isn't too bad. How did he do in your eyes?

Chelsea played Ampadu and Hudson-Odoi, two very bright talents. So it was a learning experience for our boys.

3 hours ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Tyler's injured, ain't he?

Simmonds has impressed a number of times, worth maybe blooding into first team later in the season? Hardcastle too?

Danny Butterworth limped off, hope it isn't too bad. How did he do in your eyes?

Chelsea played Ampadu and Hudson-Odoi, two very bright talents. So it was a learning experience for our boys.

Butterworth didn’t really catch my eye so he must have been pretty steady.

It was a strange one at the end. I didn’t see much of a challenge and it looked like he had gone down with cramp. A Chelsea player came over and did the old foot stretch thing that they do. Then the physio came over and did the same thing but with Butterworth nearly on his side and his leg in the air - didn’t look very natural position. When he did go off he didn’t so much limp as had to be helped off by two physio staff. He was walking very badly and gingerly rather than being carried so maybe it was bad crap or a dead leg. Looked pretty innocuous.

Tony was there again too. Despite him not championing the young lads, he does get to these games regularly.

23 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It was a strange one at the end. I didn’t see much of a challenge and it looked like he had gone down with cramp. A Chelsea player came over and did the old foot stretch thing that they do. Then the physio came over and did the same thing but with Butterworth nearly on his side and his leg in the air - didn’t look very natural position. When he did go off he didn’t so much limp as had to be helped off by two physio staff. He was walking very badly and gingerly rather than being carried so maybe it was bad crap or a dead leg. Looked pretty innocuous.

Tony was there again too. Despite him not championing the young lads, he does get to these games regularly.

Glad to see the manager there, keeping an eye on our conveyor belt

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

50 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Thankyou Stuart for the excellent report..so my thanks again. I wish I could get to more of these games. 

Nuttall does need a season loan deal..maybe Stanley would take him?.

What formation did we play?

How did Hardcastle and Tomlinson play? 

Would you loan Fisher out this season?

We have three academy graduates in the starting XI, plus Travis is looking more and more like he will be a regular around the first team.

Mowbray has had faith in Raya pretty much from his arrival, making him number 1 as soon as he could. I believe his backing of Nyambe has really helped his confidence and he's looking more and more like the real deal. Lenihan? Not much choice with that one, the guy's going all the way!

Would I prefer Wharton to Downing? Probably, but regular games is what he needs, as do Tomlinson and Nuttall and as they aren't ready to be first choice in the Championship currently, get them out on loan.

I believe Mowbray does support Academy movement into the first team, but will blood them gradually and you can't really argue with the fella's results so far...   

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Stuart said:

Magloire was in the stand with a full knee brace on.

Totally agree on nuttall. He also seemed to pick the wrong pass quite often aswell.  

A good and accurate assessment