BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Hope the match is better than that awful fa cup match under Appleton. 

What a good job Neil Harris has done.Seen them a few times last season and was surprised how good they looked

Won't be easy but with our home form I'm hoping we can sneak a win.4 points from the 1st two would be an excellent start 

• Like 1

On 08/08/2018 at 18:31, chaddyrovers said:

Dropping Bennett? Shocking decision. 

Evans isnt in my team has I want Travis energy and ability to get around the pitch. 

Millwall will be one of our toughness games all season

Dropping Evans?  Shocking decision.

Don't you trust Tony Mowbray?  He said Evans was 'amazing' against Ipswich so I'd be very surprised not to see him start.

• Like 1

Would like to see us build on last weeks point , although conceding a late goal is disappointing I think a draw at Ipswich isn't a bad result when all things considered, today's is different though and I want to see us win and hopefully Palmer and Armstrong will start to give us that extra attacking threat 

Rovers win 2-0 Dack and Graham 

Edited by AJW

I wonder if Mowbray’s ever considered a diamond midfield, that would accommodate Graham and Armstrong both up front, whilst Dack can still play in his favoured position too. Although in that formation you’re relying on width mostly from your full-backs

I feel we'll draw a lot again in this league but as long as the approach isn't back to groundhog day then it won't be too bad. Let's just get another point or three on the board the fixture list has been relatively kind in the first few weeks so it's all to play for.

COYB

I'm not  Evans' biggest fan but he did well enough against Everton (preseason I know) and Ipswich, plus he played well towards the back of last season.  Going off TM's comments from the end of last season and beginning of this one he will play, though given his injury record and the fact that  I recall in the past he mentioned that his body needs to be managed I wouldn't offer him a new contract unless it was tied to appearances.  I'd be more worried if I were Smallwood, as much as TM likes him I think his technical deficiencies are more noticeable at a higher level, Davenport's acquisition and the attempts to sign McGinn and Trapp,  having said that I think he will start today.

• Like 2

Tony won't do this, but I am old fashioned and would start our best eleven footballers.   

Raya

Nyambe.          Lenihan.             Mulgrew.       Bell

Bennett.        Evans

Palmer.       Dack.         Armstrong

Graham.

Millwall are defensively outstanding away from home and we need as much creativity and pace as we can muster.

The loyalty to Williams and Smallwood has to stop.

• Like 5

I would drop Smallwood and Samuel for tonight’s game and bring in Armstrong and Davenport in their place.

A bit harsh to drop Williams considering he provided an assist for the second goal and (kind of) provided the assist for the first as well.

Other than the crap shot in the second half, Evans looked quite good and probably deserves to keep his place for now. 

9 minutes ago, Miker said:

I would drop Smallwood and Samuel for tonight’s game and bring in Armstrong and Davenport in their place.

A bit harsh to drop Williams considering he provided an assist for the second goal and (kind of) provided the assist for the first as well.

Other than the crap shot in the second half, Evans looked quite good and probably deserves to keep his place for now. 

Is Davenport fit for today's game ?

1 hour ago, Colt Seavers said:

Tony won't do this, but I am old fashioned and would start our best eleven footballers.   

Raya

Nyambe.          Lenihan.             Mulgrew.       Bell

Bennett.        Evans

Palmer.       Dack.         Armstrong

Graham.

Millwall are defensively outstanding away from home and we need as much creativity and pace as we can muster.

The loyalty to Williams and Smallwood has to stop.

I like that team but I would worry about having Palmer and  Armstrong both leaving their fullbacks exposed even if Millwall aren't going to be the most adventurous.   I  wonder if Palmer and Armstrong are fit enough for TM's liking, you would think they should be fine but Tony seems to have quite high standards in that regard.

Personally, I do hope we don't  see  Samuel  on  the  wing, I really don't think it  is fair  to the  player  and possibly  detrimental  to his development  and confidence   as  he's never looked  comfortable  there  in  my opinion (watch him play there and score now), plus I  think he is a better replacement for Graham if needed  for the last 15/20 minutes.                                   

Super  excited to be in the Blackburn End  today,  bringing my girlfriend from Shanghai  so  hope  it's a  great atmosphere and thinking it might be   3-1 to us

• Like 1

Not convinced that Armstrong has any major question marks in terms of work rate and tracking back. 

Not a fan of defensive wingers as Mowbray calls them, as much as I appreciate that your wide men need to be somewhat defensively responsible (which is why Samuels inclusion there is an odd one, hes the worst for tracking back) you also need to offer an offensive threat from that position, which is why for all of Bennett's work rate, he has to do more going forward, goals and assists.

Assuing Bennett is going to start wide one one side, I just hope Armstrong or Palmer start on the other, someone with a genuine attacking threat rather than Samuel.

With Samuel, he offers nothing at all going forward from the wing and he doesnt track back.

I  wouldn't call Bennett a defensive winger myself.  One of his great attributes is that he runs all over the place and can get up  AND  down.  I would certainly not be unhappy if we started Bennett centrally and had Graham, Dack, Armstrong, and Palmer starting, it would be really exciting but also it'd be almost 4-2-4 and would leave us a  bit exposed.  It might work for the occasional match but other teams would catch on and exploit it.

21 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

I  wouldn't call Bennett a defensive winger myself.  One of his great attributes is that he runs all over the place and can get up  AND  down.  I would certainly not be unhappy if we started Bennett centrally and had Graham, Dack, Armstrong, and Palmer starting, it would be really exciting but also it'd be almost 4-2-4 and would leave us a  bit exposed.  It might work for the occasional match but other teams would catch on and exploit it.

I think the main reason that Mowbray would play him there as he trusts him to do the dirty work going back, same with Conway.

He definitely has offensive quality, he scored a few cracking goals at the end of our last Championship season and I have seen him cross well before.

But last season, he only got 2 goals and 5 assists, and thats in League 1. If he is to be considered a more attacking player, he needs to produce goals and assists. A point I was shot down numerous times last season for suggesting, because in particular the first half of the season, he was poor as a winger.

Just watching the Bomber flying over Darwen for the annual 1940's day, brilliant. Anyone else watching? Spitfires after, better than watching Corey Evans and Samuel out on the wing anyway

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1