BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Why are we so f*cking lethargic when level? Mowbray never seems to get his teams to go for the throat; almost like he settles for points.

Piss poor result which could come back to bite us at the end of the season. Then again, can we expect much more when we bring in diddly squat to improve the first 11. Very disappointed - it’s gonna be a long season folks.

Palmer and Rothwell look OK. The lack of compettion brings out the worst in Graham 

Just now, Biz said:

That’s nonsense we bossed a top half team on last years table. Should’ve won, graham had two great chances.

bossed? jesus christ get a grip, we were poor so poor, we aint ruthless enough, we lack creativity , we should of been two behind in the first half,  we didnt boss anything other then have more of the ball to do nothing with,   what game were you watching mate? cos we had more of the ball we bossed it?  we created what one or two chances for graham thats it?  i watched from start to finish and we were really poor,  positive is palmer looks good and so does rothwell and travis is a handy player to have on the bench to come on in games

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Palmer and Rothwell look OK. The lack of compettion brings out the worst in Graham 

We all knew we needed a seasoned alternative to Graham. I know I’m harping on about it, but piss poor to be reliant on some loanee (we hope!) to provide competition/an alternative.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We all knew we needed a seasoned alternative to Graham. I know I’m harping on about it, but piss poor to be reliant on some loanee to hopefully provide competition/an alternative.

I would be happy enough with a loanee. Samuel and Nuttall hardly motivate Graham to be at his best

At least Wigan are losing. 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We all knew we needed a seasoned alternative to Graham. I know I’m harping on about it, but piss poor to be reliant on some loanee to hopefully provide competition/an alternative.

It is what it is now. Now let’s hope we do actually get an alternative:competition. If no one comes in, oh boy...

Just now, AdamRochina said:

bossed? jesus christ get a grip, we were poor so poor, we aint ruthless enough, we lack creativity , we should of been two behind in the first half,  we didnt boss anything other then have more of the ball to do nothing with,   what game were you watching mate? cos we had more of the ball we bossed it?  we created what one or two chances for graham thats it?  i watched from start to finish and we were really poor,  positive is palmer looks good and so does rothwell and travis is a handy player to have on the bench to come on in games

I watched the game on front of me you absolute melt.

They had a few chances and we should’ve scored 2/3. Palmer scared them to death, Rothwell looked decent when he came on too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Let's be fair here, it was all Millwall in the first half, according to BBC and Talksport.

They had a few chances but we completely bossed the second half from start to finish 

2 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Let's be fair here, it was all Millwall in the first half, according to BBC and Talksport.

Not so much, don't believe what you read. We started badly, but they didn't look great. Solid definsivley and reliant on set pieces. When we played a bit, we were well on top. Just no cutting edge. 2 poor misses by Graham and an absolutely atrocious cross/pass by Armstrong after he got in a great position. 

1 minute ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Rotherham leads Ipswich 1-0.

Says a lot when we can’t beat a piss poor Ipswich side

Wasnt at the game today but sounds like another 2 points dropped, need to take your chances in football

13 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

centre mid to to replace smallwood, unless rothwell or palmer is moved there, weve been really poor today, really poor,  only flashes of half decent football

Did you watch the game?I doubt very much that you did, first half we weren't great but second half Millwall barely got out of their half. 

And if you did watch then you don't have a clue!

Agree with the Smallwood part

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not so much, don't believe what you read. We started badly, but they didn't look great. Solid definsivley and reliant on set pieces. When we played a bit, we were well on top. Just no cutting edge. 2 poor misses by Graham and an absolutely atrocious cross/pass by Armstrong after he got in a great position. 

Actually Armstrong did it again later albeit on edge of the box. Preferably, he should be running into crosses, not be the one putting them in.

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I didn't read it I heard 2 different reporters say it, Rovers only came to life in the last minute of the 1st half.

The Talksport guy just gave his final report as I type and repeated... " Millwall dominated the first half and hit the post twice".

He also said a draw was probably a fair result.

Edited by West Yorks Rover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Actually Armstrong did it again later albeit on edge of the box. Preferably, he should be running into crosses, not be the one putting them in.

This is the issue when we don’t have any natural width - likes of Armstrong need to go wide. I don’t think he’d be the second coming like some do, but hopefully we can get a Chapman in, or similar, to help us.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

We’re not in Oz anymore, Toto.

It’s going to be a long hard season. Is it that the personnel is wrong, or the tactics (1 point is better than 0 and it’s not worth risking it for the extra 2)? We can’t keep saying “we should have scored 3 or 4”.

Hopefully we will give someone an absolute mullering soon and and say “it’s been coming”.

We were definitely 2nd best for much of the first half but showed a few bits of quality. 2nd half we’re well on top for most of it.

I know people have been commenting it has to be one of Evans or Smallwood for centre mid...I’d agree, but on this showing Evans should be nowhere near the match day squad. He had an absolute shocker for most of the game, granted Smallwood wasn’t great but at least he harried Millwall and didn’t leave them comfortably in possession.

persobally would have subbed Evans for Armstrong/Rothwell, pushes Bennett into the centre and left Palmer on. As a few have also said Graham missed a couple of chances you’d expect him to convert.

Not the worst result we’ll have all season, just feels a bit deflating after not turning up for most of the first half!

• Backroom

Really really poor first half, then a really good 30 mins followed by seeing the game out.

People say not to worry about not bringing a striker in because we have time well todays game was today - before we have signed one and Graham was dead on his feet with 25 left and no replacement in sight.

This will be an unpopular opinion but Travis needs a season on loan he needs to learn the game in his short spell today his decision making was bothersome although he has the attributes.

Also Raya’s kicking was appalling 

Not catastrophic but disappointing result.

• Like 3