BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you know why Dack went off? 

How many Championship teams can give 90 minutes performances? 

Well Dack wasn't injured, so he either wasn't fit enough to play the full match or we decided to go defensive and settle for 2-1, despite that mentality repeatedly costing us points over the past decade or so. Pick whichever one you're happier with, I'm not impressed with either of them. 

As for which Championship teams can keep up a decent level for 90 minutes, we'll know that by who is up at the top end in a few months time. 

5 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16413407.blackburn-rovers-0-millwall-0-player-ratings/?ref=mac

Bennet got MotM in the LT. A fair shout in that type of match, he did the hard yards so others don't have to. He's very underrated by the cognoscenti on here?

Personally I'd have gone for Lenihan.

Sure they used to say that about Jason Lowe and various other duff players over the years as well. "His best work goes un-noticed." ☺

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mulgrew is a centre back, yes he takes set pieces but is better at trying to score himself from them.

Rest of your Bennett comments, in terms of filling in different roles dependant on the opponent, I agree with. But hes a defensive player at the moment that needs to do more attacking, obviously you have much lower standards of what you expect from him going forward which is fair enough.

Presumably Palmer came off because firstly hes not fully match fit yet, and nothing he tried really came off for all of his obvious talent and he started leaving his position.

Dack went off to be replaced by Conway in a defensive move that didnt work.

Also, regarding our difference in opinion in terms of our first half performance, with you thinking we were good after 10 minutes and I thought we were awful all half, Mowbray said the following:

"Fair play to Millwall. They have a way of playing and they make life really difficult for you," Mowbray reflected after the game.

"The game didn't have much fluency to it and the first 45 minutes was a real none-event for us to be completely honest.

"They hit the post twice and we could have found ourselves behind. We couldn't get out of our half in the first half."

I fully agree with Mowbray who also seems unimpressed with us in the first half, and Graham mentioned he had words at half time. Glad you didnt do the team talk as youd have been telling them well played!

Mulgrew take all the set pieces last season including corners, free kicks and pens. 

I think Palmer came off for 3 reasons, one his match fitness, cos his work rate and defensive work had dropped off alot

Is that why Dack went off for a defensive move? is that your view or what Mowbray told you/media?

I am fully aware of Mowbray post match comments thanks pal. I listened to Mowbray post match interview after the game, and read what he said to Rich Sharpe and to Rovers website. 

No needed for the last sentence at all but you want to be like that I wont bother replying again

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I would say Bennett’s work is very noticeable, unlike Lowe he actually makes tackles. I really do think we are missing a trick in not getting him in the middle, his extra pace over Smallwood could make a difference.

Yes can't argue with that, he did very well in CM when moved there last year.

I think we have to try something a bit different moving forward.  Evans and Smallwood in CM plus Bennett who is good at tackling back but who offers nothing offensively from wide positions and one up front (even if Graham gets fit) won't win us many home games imo.

• Like 2

Haven't read this thread in the regards to the post-match aspect but all I can say is that isn't it the done thing to bring off your worst performers rather than your best ones?

Okay, in the first game, Dack wasnt at his best but it was his first game at this level but he still seemed to be the one player in the team that could make something happen. Palmer from what I read was the best player on the park in the last game. So I am a little confused as to why both were brought off. 

Sounds like Millwall were there for the taking, so a little disappointed at the result. I imagine mid-safety to possibly relegation battling teams is going to be our level this season - unless this perm to loan, loan to perm, or whatever it is manages to net us some gems.

• J*B unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The Milwall manager spoke well about us. Said we out "Millwalled" them in the 2nd half. Said we will pick up plenty of points at home and should do well. 

Maybe we are a bit overly critical 

I disagree, the consensus is that we played well and had them pinned in for 25-30 minutes in the second half.

I also think very, very few if anyone thinks we will go down, the general theme I get is that people want a couple of signings to have us looking up the table.

Think that all ties in to what Harris said.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I disagree, the consensus is that we played well and had them pinned in for 25-30 minutes in the second half.

I also think very, very few if anyone thinks we will go down, the general theme I get is that people want a couple of signings to have us looking up the table.

Think that all ties in to what Harris said.

Harris mentioned nothing about signings though, he was going off the team we had out. So not sure what you're disagreeing about? All I meant was that's its positive that the manager of the team who came 8th last season was praising our work rate player quality etc. Generic enough comments, but I would say he is a straight talker 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Harris mentioned nothing about signings though, he was going off the team we had out. So not sure what you're disagreeing about? All I meant was that's its positive that the manager of the team who came 8th last season was praising our work rate player quality etc. Generic enough comments, but I would say he is a straight talker 

I agree that he is right, my point was regarding the phrase "Maybe we are a bit overly critical."

I dont think we are/were, in that everyone who went agreed that we played well in the second half, as Harris said.

I also think in the main people think we can do well.