SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Travis

Armstrong       Dack            Bennett

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Bell Samuel Conway Rothwell Evans Palmer

Another tough one but this is the Championship and it's well known for regularly throwing up bonkers results especially early season so I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4 nil win either way !

Think the team will be stinging from last week a bit so I expect a response odd formations and selections not withstanding.

Rovers 2   Millwall 1

Late winner from stretch.

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Travis

Armstrong       Dack            Bennett

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Bell Samuel Conway Rothwell Evans Palmer

you'd stick with Williams (even after his inept defending, last week?)

I do wonder just why TM bought Bell.

Edited by barry_
  • Like 3

I'd go          

Raya

Nyambe         Lenihan          Mulgrew          Bell

Smallwood     Davenport

Armstrong                Dack                Bennett

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Williams, Travis, Rothwell, Conway, Palmer, Nuttall

General thoughts

Williams had a funny game last weekend, got skinned a few times thought he got caught out at the back post for the opener but had a hand in both goals especially the second. Bell and Bennett down the left on paper is a good combo and Bell is due a run of games.  Tony will keep the faith with Williams though.

Evans played okay last week, but i'd rather see the new lad play. Evans will most likely start anyway

Samuel I just cba with anymore, thought Nutall did okay last week so i'd have him keep his place on the bench provided we don't get the back up striker we need and loan him before Saturday.

Would like to see Travis get some game time.

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What's to wonder about? It's competition. Like people are clamouring for us to sign for Graham. Managers really can't win! 

You'd expect 'competition' to mean something.

Since signing, Bell has had little game time (opinions on his impact are mixed).

Would you be happy if you were Bell (and expected to be wanted)

Raya

Nyambe               Lenihan                  Mulgrew               Bell

Bennett                  Evans 

Armstrong                           Dack                                  Palmer

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Downing, Williams, Rothwell, Smallwood, Conway, Samuel

But hopefully 2 players brought in tomorrow to replace Samuel and Conway, as we need better attacking options on the bench.

7 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Raya

Nyambe               Lenihan                  Mulgrew               Bell

Bennett                  Evans 

Armstrong                           Dack                                  Palmer

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Downing, Williams, Rothwell, Smallwood, Conway, Samuel

But hopefully 2 players brought in tomorrow to replace Samuel and Conway, as we need better attacking options on the bench.

Like that side but I'd have Rothwell in instead of Evans. Think you are dreaming about 2 players tomorrow to replace Samuel and Conway but we'll see

What I would go with -

Raya

Nyambe    Lenihan       Mulgrew    Bell

Bennett       Evans

Armstrong          Dack             Palmer

Graham

Mowbray will probably start Smallwood, Williams and Samuel though

Just realised this is the exact same as Ewood Ace - apologies but great taste :)

Edited by Ruaney

25 minutes ago, barry_ said:

You'd expect 'competition' to mean something.

Since signing, Bell has had little game time (opinions on his impact are mixed).

Would you be happy if you were Bell (and expected to be wanted)

He has had a fair bit of game time. From this and training Mowbray doesn't think he should start yet. Williams, for all the criticism he gets, has his strengths and I would imagine supporters would be split on who should start. It doesn't mean Bell was a bad signing or we shouldn't have signed him. If we hadn't I am 100% certain that a left back would be on everybody's wish list this window. 

It's comments like "we shouldn't have signed bell" or "why did we sign bell" that really make it evident that managers can't win. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ruaney said:

What I would go with -

Raya

Nyambe    Lenihan       Mulgrew    Bell

Bennett       Evans

Armstrong          Dack             Palmer

Graham

Mowbray will probably start Smallwood, Williams and Samuel though

Just realised this is the exact same as Ewood Ace - apologies but great taste :)

Evans over Smallwood. Interesting. I would have thought Smallwood and Bennett really complimented each other last season whilst in the middle. 

• Like 1

Forget they are called Millwall and this is a side which you'd expect to be there or thereabouts.

Against Boro they ran riot at times and could/should have been far more than two ahead. Then two extremely late goals pegged them back, one of which makes our defending look measured and controlled!

They can play quick and tight in the final twelve yards so our defenders are going to have to be extremely alert all game.

A tremendous challenge because they even more than us will be smarting from letting two points slip away on the opening day.

Has a draw written all over this game but I wouldn't be surprised if this is an away win for Millwall.

49 minutes ago, barry_ said:

you'd stick with Williams (even after his inept defending, last week?)

I do wonder just why TM bought Bell.

Both Williams and Mulgrew at fault for 1st goal. Are you dropping Mulgrew aswell?

You fail to mention Williams good cross for Dack goal. Why do you forget to nention this? 

• Like 2

Funny game this, a win makes it a really good start, a loss makes it a poor one and a draw probably satisfies expectations. Along with it our opposition is abit of a unknown quality. On paper I would say we have a better team, however Millwall were 4 mins away from beating Boro 2 Nil on sat, who themselves beat Sheff United 3 nil last night. To add to that they finished as one of the form teams last season and are probably still running on a high from that, so I'd say it isn't the best time to play them, will be a difficult game. 

The team I would like us to see us play is:

Raya

Nyambe - Lenihan - Mulgrew - Bell

Travis - Bennett

Palmer - Dack - Armstrong

Graham

However I fully expect TM to play the same as he did at Ipswich.

• Like 1

Don't get why Evans is hardly in any teams considering I felt he was one of our better performers last week, finished the last season very well, yet his place is far more vulnerable than Smallwood or indeed anyone in the team.

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Evans Smallwood

Armstrong Dack Palmer

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Williams, Davenport, Bennett, Rothwell, Samuel, Conway

As we all know, things could change hopefully, with a new striker, winger and centre back in the squad instead of Samuel, Conway and Rothwell.

Bennett unlucky to miss out but feel that front 4 would potentially cause havoc in a game that is winnable, albeit not easy.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Don't get why Evans is hardly in any teams considering I felt he was one of our better performers last week, finished the last season very well, yet his place is far more vulnerable than Smallwood or indeed anyone in the team.

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Evans Smallwood

Armstrong Dack Palmer

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Williams, Davenport, Bennett, Rothwell, Samuel, Conway

As we all know, things could change hopefully, with a new striker, winger and centre back in the squad instead of Samuel, Conway and Rothwell.

Bennett unlucky to miss out but feel that front 4 would potentially cause havoc in a game that is winnable, albeit not easy.

Dropping Bennett? Shocking decision. 

Evans isnt in my team has I want Travis energy and ability to get around the pitch. 

Millwall will be one of our toughness games all season

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dropping Bennett? Shocking decision. 

Evans isnt in my team has I want Travis energy and ability to get around the pitch. 

Millwall will be one of our toughness games all season

Kasey Palmer has far more of an attacking threat and I have picked an attacking team. We are at home against a well drilled team.

Did you watch the Ipswich game? Evans was far better than Smallwood, so surely his place would be more likely to be under threat.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Kasey Palmer has far more of an attacking threat and I have picked an attacking team. We are at home against a well drilled team.

Did you watch the Ipswich game? Evans was far better than Smallwood, so surely his place would be more likely to be under threat.

I rather Bennett in then Palmer for this game. 

Yes Ive seen the full game. Didnt think either player was better than each other

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Evans over Smallwood. Interesting. I would have thought Smallwood and Bennett really complimented each other last season whilst in the middle. 

Mainly chose him due to being actually in form for once. Want to see if he can keep it up haha

• Like 1