BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 minute ago, West Yorks Rover said:

I didn't read it I heard 2 different reporters say it, Rovers only came to life in the last minute of the 1st half.

They where better in the first half and unlucky not to go in ahead hitting the post twice.

But in the second half they hardly got out of their half it was all Rovers and over the 90 we deserved the 3 points and that really isn't me speaking with blue and white glasses on

• Like 1

Millwall gave us a fright early on but thereafter Rovers remarkably comfortable as the stats show.

Not winning is disappointing but a lot of draws so far in this division. Getting wins is going to be the big challenge.

Fortunately we are at one of the club's which already look like they might struggle this season in our next game with a midweek cup game hopefully to reacquaint ourselves with winning.

3 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

I didn't read it I heard 2 different reporters say it, Rovers only came to life in the last minute of the 1st half.

We were good from around the 35th minute on. Completely dominated the game, albeit with no cutting edge. Poor finishing, poor final pass selection, poor pass choice. 

2 minutes ago, schoey said:

We were definitely 2nd best for much of the first half but showed a few bits of quality. 2nd half we’re well on top for most of it.

I know people have been commenting it has to be one of Evans or Smallwood for centre mid...I’d agree, but on this showing Evans should be nowhere near the match day squad. He had an absolute shocker for most of the game, granted Smallwood wasn’t great but at least he harried Millwall and didn’t leave them comfortably in possession.

persobally would have subbed Evans for Armstrong/Rothwell, pushes Bennett into the centre and left Palmer on. As a few have also said Graham missed a couple of chances you’d expect him to convert.

Not the worst result we’ll have all season, just feels a bit deflating after not turning up for most of the first half!

I thought Evans had an okay game and I am not his greatest supporter. Taking Smallwood off in lieu of Evans was correct imho

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Did you watch the game?I doubt very much that you did, first half we weren't great but second half Millwall barely got out of their half. 

And if you did watch then you don't have a clue!

Agree with the Smallwood part

penned into there half but what did we create while they were cowering in there half?  possesion means f all if you cant do anything with it, we created two chances for graham thats it 

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Really really poor first half, then a really good 30 mins followed by seeing the game out.

People say not to worry about not bringing a striker in because we have time well todays game was today - before we have signed one and Graham was dead on his feet with 25 left and no replacement in sight.

This will be an unpopular opinion but Travis needs a season on loan he needs to learn the game in his short spell today his decision making was bothersome although he has the attributes.

Also Raya’s kicking was appalling 

Not catastrophic but disappointing result.

Spot on really. 

It's funny we have all these midfielders, but are so badly lacking upfront. It's inexcusable really. True about the loan window, but today was two points dropped. What if we need those two points come the end of the season. Get a striker in Tony. 

Ya, Travis makes me feel a bit on edge. He definetly has naivity in him. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We’re not in Oz anymore, Toto.

It’s going to be a long hard season. Is it that the personnel is wrong, or the tactics (1 point is better than 0 and it’s not worth risking it for the extra 2)? We can’t keep saying “we should have scored 3 or 4”.

Hopefully we will give someone an absolute mullering soon and and say “it’s been coming”.

We barely did that last season though Stuart - so can’t see it happening against Championship opposition. Really need some decent reinforcements.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

Just now, AdamRochina said:

penned into there half but what did we create while they were cowering in there half?  possesion means f all if you cant do anything with it, we created two chances for graham thats it 

Look the only thing that comes out of your mouth is negativity, how many times were are players fouled in the final third?

Rothwell had a decent attempt and Armstrong had a bit of a mare on a couple of occasions to get a decent cross in.

Like I said you are talking nonsense and 90% of people who were at the match would say the  same

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Spot on really. 

It's funny we have all these midfielders, but are so badly lacking upfront. It's inexcusable really. True about the loan window, but today was two points dropped. What if we need those two points come the end of the season. Get a striker in Tony. 

Ya, Travis makes me feel a bit on edge. He definetly has naivity in him. 

Two minds about it. He’s 21 now and should be playing some championship football. He’s not completely out of his depth so do give him games

2 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

We need something sharp. Let’s hope dacky is still finding his feet and finding his range. Tammy Abrahams kicking his heels?

Maybe our collective expectations of Dack are too high. I fear the championship may lead to him having a great game less frequently, one in five kind of job. I really hope I'm wrong. 

Far bigger tests to come too. Couldn't see us getting near Villa, Boro or Swansea. To name 3

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Maybe our collective expectations of Dack are too high. I fear the championship may lead to him having a great game less frequently, one in five kind of job. I really hope I'm wrong. 

Far bigger tests to come too. Couldn't see us getting near Villa, Boro or Swansea. To name 3

Yeah. He was another who had an okay game. Actually looking at the players, several had decent enough performances, Bell, Nyambe, the CBs. Palmer stand out. Even at a push, you would add Bennett in there.

those are the positives I supposed

• Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We barely did that last season though Stuart - so can’t see it happening against a championship opposition. Really need some decent reinforcements.

On another day  Graham would have buried one of those chances. He should have taken the second one around the keeper.

Millwall finished 8th last season and were unlucky not to win last week against Boro. 

Agree with you on needing a few players in, but second half they hardly had a kick unless it was to foul one of our players 

I was encouraged with that 2nd half

• Backroom

Same old story, one good half and one bad half. A shame we threw two points away last week, as it would have made this result seem a lot better. No choice now but to put this one behind us and move on. 

We badly need a decent striker, thought Graham looked overweight and miles off the pace today.

Strange substitution of Palmer, thought he was arguably our best performer at the point he was brought off.

In my opinion the formation of Evans and Smallwood in midfield combined with Graham on his own up top is way too negative at home, TM needs to be a lot braver going forward as we need to pick up as many points as we can at home.

Bennett is a real conundrum, did well at times tackling back today but his attacking output and delivery from wide areas was as always atrocious. Not worth his place unless he's in central midfield for me.

Need that first win.

13 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

I thought Evans had an okay game and I am not his greatest supporter. Taking Smallwood off in lieu of Evans was correct imho

Think going forwards we definitely need a ball playing centre mid to go alongside one of them...if Davenport isn’t up to it we need to get someone in on loan sharpish or it’ll be a long season!

In the week where Mowbray talked about bringing the fans back to Ewood a performance that won't live long in the memory of those that attended and one that won't be bringing back those who didn't attend. It was a performance that pretty much confirmed everything that we all ready knew, that we are desperately short up front, lack any genuine width and are light weight in the middle of the park. 

To have such a weak squad two games into the season is very poor, you just looked at the bench today and Armstrong was the only name that you looked at and thought he could come on and win the game.

Another striker simply has to be brought in before the next game that has to be the priority the week. In his selection Mowbray has got to be more ruthless the likes of Bennett and Smallwood are good League 1 players but not good enough to be Championship starters. We look very lightweight in midfield with Evans and Smallwood (hopefully Davenport can be effective in their otherwise we need someone brought into put his foot in and try to dominate). Bennett I'm not sure what his best position is to me he is a jack of all trades, who you would have on the bench to come on and do a job but he's not a starter. Palmer looked good and shouldn't have been taken off although Rothwell did decent when he came but neither looked like natural wide men which is what we are crying out for, someone to run down the wing and put some crosses in for Graham.

Nice to see Bell get a start and I thought he was very solid. On the whole a point gained as Millwall could have been out of sight by half time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

We deserve at least a goal with these stats.

1837962938_ScreenShot2018-08-12at12_20_50am.png.ba61ded3432e156f2800c6e58757f82a.png

Millwall deserved 3 as well, woodwork doesn't count as on target they hit it twice and had another great chance. They were a lot better first half, once again the manager hasn't sorted out the 'slow out of the blocks' mentality. 

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

We badly need a decent striker, thought Graham looked overweight and miles off the pace today.

Strange substitution of Palmer, thought he was arguably our best performer at the point he was brought off.

In my opinion the formation of Evans and Smallwood in midfield combined with Graham on his own up top is way too negative at home, TM needs to be a lot braver going forward as we need to pick up as many points as we can at home.

Bennett is a real conundrum, did well at times tackling back today but his attacking output and delivery from wide areas was as always atrocious. Not worth his place unless he's in central midfield for me.

Need that first win.

Unless someone else is brought in Bennett should be in Centre Midfield next week.

For all Smallwoods hard work he just doesn't look like he should be starting in the Championship. 

Would be a bit unfair of me to completely write him off but his performances in the last two games don't warrant him starting next week.

• Like 1

Well, we've drawn our first two games, but last season we lost our first two, so in a way it's progress! Especially in a tougher league.

First half we were abysmal though, Millwall were dominant and could have been two up by half time and it wouldn't have been unfair on us. Second half was a vast improvement. On balance, a draw was fair.

Rothwell looked bright in his cameo, may have more to offer than I previously thought. Palmer has had nothing but praise on here so far...but I don't agree all the way. I'm excited about him, he does look promising and like he can make things happen, certainly, and has a good turn of pace and quick feet. However, so far, I feel he is a little like a Championship Raheem Sterling - the one at the World Cup, not the one on fire for City last year. Flattering to deceive, making the wrong decisions at times. Sometimes he looked a little too casual and like he has to turn on the flair every time he gets the ball. I'm sure Tony will drill that out of him though, and I'm very excited to see what he can deliver when that happens. He can definitely provide that X factor when he settles in.

I think it's time to drop Smallwood, and Bell should retain his spot. Arma didn't do much today, but I'd rather have him where Benno was, and Bennett in place of Smallwood.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 4