BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• J*B pinned this topic
2 hours ago, rigger said:

After the performance at Ipswich I am really looking forward to Saturday.

Me too but the TDD debacle has took the shine off it for me, I was expecting a bit of a marquee signing to be honest.

Silly me. I've been a supporter long enough now to know the score.

Edited by Hi Mack

Millwall will be a very difficult team to beat. They surprised a lot of teams last season and should have beaten Middlesbrough last Saturday.

I'm looking forward to the game. Not looking forward to seeing the players in the new drab colours though. Let's see what Rovers are really about in this division. I think a narrow hard-fought victory is due.

• Backroom

A relatively kind fixture for the first home game; not a bad team but for me not one of the best, we could really do with getting a win under the belt.

Going for 2-0 with Armstrong and Dack goals 

2 hours ago, neophox said:

Raya

Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew, William

Bennett, Evans

Armstrong, Dack, Palmer

Graham

Subs: Samuel, Rothwell, Smallwood, Travis, Bell, Davenport, Leutwiler

3-1 Rovers

Dack, Graham and Armstrong for Rovers.

That's the best team we have got right now. Heaven forbid we get an injury.

4 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Well, apparently we are going down now and are just relegation fodder so I’m sure a hard fought, battling point will be welcomed by all.

Do we not need to win our home fames? If we start welcoming draws at home like we did before Gary Bowyer was sacked we'll be in big trouble.

As TM said a week or two ago the match day squad virtually picks itself. Wouldn t be surprised if we see the same starting eleven as against Ipswich with Armstrong on the bench.

If we'd have beaten Ipswich a point wouldn't have been the end of the world but the failure to hang on means we need a win on Saturday imo.

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Do we not need to win our home fames? If we start welcoming draws at home like we did before Gary Bowyer was sacked we'll be in big trouble.

As TM said a week or two ago the match day squad virtually picks itself. Wouldn t be surprised if we see the same starting eleven as against Ipswich with Armstrong on the bench.

If we'd have beaten Ipswich a point wouldn't have been the end of the world but the failure to hang on means we need a win on Saturday imo.

They did finish 8th last year...

Honestly have no idea what to expect from them at all!

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why do we “need” to win on Saturday? 

You don't 'need' to win any game unless you get relegated/miss out on promotion by not winning it.

However, on paper August seems to have given us a fairly soft landing in the league and we want to be taking advantage, especially with a tough looking September...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Id be very dissapointed if Samuel was picked over Armstrong and Palmer.

Unless anything changes I think Dom is marked down for that position on the right so prepare to be ....

A good performance on Saturday might nail it for him but if not hopefully they get their act together and loan in some real pace for the right.

We had the nonsense of 'why is this game a need to win' in the Coyle relegation season, mainly when Mowbray was in charge.

As it turned out those who said any game was need to win were proven correct.

Problem is this is not proven until too late so best just go for best result possible, cross fingers and hope.

Expecting someone to justify why a game is need to win this early in the season is silly as is perhaps saying it is need to win.

The whole subject is stupid at this time and my post a fine example of that.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think there might have been a hint of irony in S8&blues original post.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

To me the team picks itself for Millwall. 

-------------Raya----------

Nyambe------Lenihan---Mulgrew---William

----------Smallwood---Evans--------

Bennett---------Dack--------Armstrong

----------------Graham------------------

Use Davenport, Palmer for game time. Get Davenport slowly ready to replace Evans in the long run. Palmer will need to make an impact. 

Our actually found it very difficult to pick our midfield! With Rothwell, Davenport, Palmer, all of them have an argument to get into that team. Very excited about the midfield area.