BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

I'll keep banging this drum - Marcus Maddison is meant to be agreeing loan to buy on Monday with someone, or at least beginning the process (according to their owner)

Was reported yesterday that we had stepped up our interest...

23 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I'll keep banging this drum - Marcus Maddison is meant to be agreeing loan to buy on Monday with someone, or at least beginning the process (according to their owner)

You have to wonder about the reports re his attitude. 2.5 mil seems a great deal looking at the other cash being spent and bid

Yet nobody seemed to push to get him or he'd have moved

• Backroom

It appears to me that Maddison hasn't yet kicked up a fuss and has been a model professional. It could be that Peterborough fans are just trying to say he has a bad attitude because they expect him to leave and feels he owes them more?

18 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Sorry, that came across very deadpan. Alcohol is required this evening....

Looking forward to this magical unicorn loan window; where all the players we couldn't buy in 3 months, come and play for us till January - when we buy them with all the money we haven't spent.

Sit back, relax with your beer and let the magic unfold before your eyes.

I'm as chilled as Chaddy for this one.

• Like 2

I really think people are putting far too much faith in the loan window, the loan with a view deals are far too reliant on all the pieces falling into place. For us to get Maddison requires Peterborough to be able to get an adequate replacement, on loan, with a view to buy and the team they're buying from to be able to replace, etc, etc.  I just don't see it happening how people seem to have convinced themselves it will. 

I think it will be unwanted premier league players being punted out as it is every year.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Not sure if there owner is a plantpot or a bit of a legend, but he is certainly interesting

Reading all his comments re the deadline, he stresses multiple times that yesterdays window means nothing to EFL teams due to the LTB rules.

He says he voted against it saying it was a waste of time and most EFL teams will still work towards aug 31st as their deadline.

Looking at the low amount of deals done it seems he was right

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I really think people are putting far too much faith in the loan window, the loan with a view deals are far too reliant on all the pieces falling into place. For us to get Maddison requires Peterborough to be able to get an adequate replacement, on loan, with a view to buy and the team they're buying from to be able to replace, etc, etc.  I just don't see it happening how people seem to have convinced themselves it will. 

I think it will be unwanted premier league players being punted out as it is every year.

Unwanted because their clubs have better players, doesn't mean loan players wouldn't be good signings for us 

14 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

How is that any different to any other transfer though?

17 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

In Maddisons case they already have a replacement in.They brought 16 players in this summer.The chairman has admitted he will be moving on

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

I think that would go someway to appeasing many - would still need a good striker in alongside that though at a minimum.

20 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I think it was reported they have brought in 15 new players this summer - might be wrong.

They knew Maddison, Edwards and Marriot would be going, in fact they love selling on players as its their model.