BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

4 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Well, time will tell, however clubs have had all summer to bring players in, if there is no difference between LTB and permanent then why have we fanny'd around to such an extent?

Seems to be the way that football works though. Only the super rich get their business done early. For whatever reason most clubs seems to do their work late

Only thing I will say on Maddison because obviously we haven’t been linked to him that much is that earlier on in the window I am sure the chairman mentioned a club wanted to pay in instalments. Maybe we’ve been clever here and the way we end up doing that (if it was us) is paying a loan fee then the rest of the fee in January? Obviously, it’s most probably not us after him but just a thought.

50 minutes ago, Mike E said:

It appears to me that Maddison hasn't yet kicked up a fuss and has been a model professional. It could be that Peterborough fans are just trying to say he has a bad attitude because they expect him to leave and feels he owes them more?

I asked the question to some Peterborough fans and they said that the majority appreciated what he did for the team ie goals and assists, but he dived a lot wouldn’t tackle and didn’t track back. Although I would love him to join us for his end product, I can’t see how that behaviour would go down well with our team. 

20 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

That is sometimes the case, however of all the players we've had on loan in the last 10 years, how many have been a genuine success?

Jermaine Jones was good. Nonda was ok. I think Bentley was on loan first too wasn't he? I am going back a  bit now. Tunnicliffe was ok, Spearing, Baptise,Rudy Gestede, Danny Graham...

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Probably no one...all lies

Typically morose post which adds nothing to the discussion.

I'd like to see Chapman with fee agreed, Gallagher with fee agreed, some kind of way to get Maddison in (as a load with permanent move at the end) and maybe young premiership winger loan. 

People put too much emphasis on when or how you sign players... It doesn't really matter. If they're good enough then they will show it. At least if someone comes in now then they will be playing for their move and if their attitude doesn't fit and they don't integrate into our team spirit then they can be easily got rid of without stinking up the dressing room for the length of their contract. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Neal said:

People put too much emphasis on when or how you sign players... It doesn't really matter. If they're good enough then they will show it. At least if someone comes in now then they will be playing for their move and if their attitude doesn't fit and they don't integrate into our team spirit then they can be easily got rid of without stinking up the dressing room for the length of their contract. 

Unless we've agreed to buy them...

8 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

There has still been no acknowledgement that the window existed by Rovers media team.

I imagine the club are desperately trying to get a decent loan through before TM's post match interview tomorrow.

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from Mowbray. Was there no pre match presser this week?

Written by a Forest fan, seems they think the same as us;

"rewind 18 months and he wouldve been sold for that figure by the Fridge Magnet. I am so grateful we now have an owner that is not influenced solely on what £'s are incoming at the club.

Part of me thinks Blackburn only put that bid in, knowing it would be rejected, just to let their fans think they were making an effort by spending decent money"

Rewind 18 months and he wouldve been sold for that figure by the Fridge Magnet. I am so grateful we now have an owner that is not influenced solely on what £'s are incoming at the club.
Part of me thinks Blackburn only put that bid in, knowing it would be rejected, just to let their fans think they were making an effort by spending decent money
Rewind 18 months and he wouldve been sold for that figure by the Fridge Magnet. I am so grateful we now have an owner that is not influenced solely on what £'s are incoming at the club.
Part of me thinks Blackburn only put that bid in, knowing it would be rejected, just to let their fans think they were making an effort by spending decent mone
  • Like 4

Two minds on this, on one side I think if some of those bids yesterday were serious and they'd born fruit then they might have pushed the boat of on the calibre of loans brought in as well and thought they'll have real go next season. 

Other side is it was a very modest window for whatever real reasons so i'm half expecting just a couple of back up bods in costing not much and a bit of a reality check after a few days hysteria, target stay up nothing else matters.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Neal said:

Apart from our manager who has said the opposite.

He was clear he preferred business done as early as possible, and even identified the trip to Austria as the stage by which he would prefer big signings done to enable them to integrate into the squad.

He was clear on multiple occasions that he preferred mainly permanent deals as he wants to build a squad here over time that will grow and develop.

Of course you don't always get what you want due to a variety of reasons but Mowbray was clear on what he preferred and it doesn't seem to have happened.

Likewise concerns you raise such as people stinking out the dressing room if they don't fit in surely wouldn't happen under our super new recruitment system.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Apart from our manager who has said the opposite.

He was clear he preferred business done as early as possible, and even identified the trip to Austria as the stage by which he would prefer big signings done to enable them to integrate into the squad.

He was clear on multiple occasions that he preferred mainly permanent deals as he wants to build a squad here over time that will grow and develop.

Of course you don't always get what you want due to a variety of reasons but Mowbray was clear on what he preferred and it doesn't seem to have happened.

Likewise concerns you raise such as people stinking out the dressing room if they don't fit in surely wouldn't happen under our super new recruitment system.

Its fair cop to be underwhelmed, but do know what the word prefer means? It doesn’t mean guarantee. I also know that some of the “hope” remarks came early June and not all from TM - soon after we added Davenport and Rothwell, plus the necessary contracts signed.

None of this warrants this level of criticism and sarcastic retort in my humble opinion. 

Edited by Biz
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Biz said:

Its fair cop to be underwhelmed, but do know what the word prefer means? It doesn’t mean guarantee. I also know that some of the “hope” remarks came early June and not all from TM - soon after we added Davenport and Rothwell, plus the necessary contracts signed.

None of the warrants this level of criticism and sarcastic retort in my humble opinion. 

Yes I do know what the word prefer means. Mowbray PREFERRED his business to be done early and on a permanent basis. He said as much and explained why. So it clearly does matter to him when people sign and whether they are permanents or loans otherwise he wouldn't have said it.

If it didn't matter in the slightest then there would have been no point to our manager saying those things.

I don't think I'm being critical or sarcastic, just pointing out that the most important person in this process, the manager, has said things that contradict the suggestion that it doesn't matter when we sign people or whether they are loans.

End of the day I'll judge him on results as I do every manager, not what he says or does in the transfer window, but I'm not going to convince myself all is wonderful when I don't think it is.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2