BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Definitely not Gallagher, he would be a lazy suggestion based on being here previously. I know for a fact after watching for a season that he is not what we need as a number 9, he can't hold the ball up, hes too weak, he cant act as a focal point and he cant win flick ons. His goal record is poor, and his spells at Birmingham and MK Dons add further doubt to his ability at this level. I doubt we could afford his price on a permanent deal anyway, plus his wages were a big discussion topic when he joined Birmingham in a financially stupid loan deal last year.

I only specifically remember watching Brereton once, v a weakened Arsenal in the cup. He led the line in a way Gallagher never did during his time here, he was excellent in the way he . His goal record is very poor however, like Gallagher Only way this deal should be considered is if it is with a view to a permanent deal, as based on his current ability he wouldnt be worth a loan deal, we'd be buying potential.

To answer your question, I think I would rather look elsewhere. But I definitely dont want Gallagher, and am more open minded on Brereton, more based on the type of player he looked when I saw him, albeit only once, and the way Forest fans seem to rate him, but he wouldnt dislodge Graham yet, thats for sure.

If Gallagher signed, I would be very underwhelmed and a bit disappointed. If Brereton signed, as long as it was with a permanent deal to take effect in Jan, I would be interested to see how he got on, and feel he would come straight into the squad, and could help Graham with the work load.

Lazy suggestion? 

Iook elsewhere at who? 

I felt his goal record here was good. Got to remember we had Coyle for 7 months of the season. 

I don't think you can count the MK Dons spell at all. 

I would be happy with either tbh. but slightly preferred Brereton tbh. 

5 hours ago, West Yorks Rover said:

That's 3 league games now, not even picked for the bench.

He won't be happy.

I can't see Brereton being happy at not playing and trying to be sold behind his back by his own club

5 hours ago, imy9 said:

Maddison is not in the starting 11 or bench for Peterborough...

interesting

2 hours ago, danger19_80 said:

No real explanation as to why the Brereton and Freeman bids went in so late still

Brereton only came available in the last 2 days of window

Just now, islander200 said:

But you admit the money was there and we did bid for players at the prices reported.Mowbray confirmed this. 

I agree with the other points from reading that it looks like only loans and I wouldn't be surprised In the slightest if the money goes missing 

There clearly was some money there. How much I'm sure nobody really knows. Doesn't really matter now though because it seems Mowbray considers this summer to be a missed opportunity to get some serious cash spent on quality players to propel us up the league and is bracing himself for that money not being available in the next window.

To be honest I'm quite shocked at that interview, I think Mowbray is being as obvious as he ever will be that he isn't happy with business done and considers a big opportunity has been missed this summer and now we're left looking to paper over the cracks with a few loans (no mention of buying them).

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

There clearly was some money there. How much I'm sure nobody really knows. Doesn't really matter now though because it seems Mowbray considers this summer to be a missed opportunity to get some serious cash spent on quality players to propel us up the league and is bracing himself for that money not being available in the next window.

To be honest I'm quite shocked at that interview, I think Mowbray is being as obvious as he ever will be that he isn't happy with business done and considers a big opportunity has been missed this summer and now we're left looking to paper over the cracks with a few loans (no mention of buying them).

Agreed it does look like we have missed a big opportunity has been a long time since we have had anything near 5 mill to spend on one player. 

If the money was there all summer though surely someone who could have improved our first 11 could have been brought in, we cant have exhausted plan A,B,C,D,E.....

Maddison is available he might not have been Mowbrays first second or third choice but if the money is going to disappear next window a move should be made for him , pay a loan fee and agree it becomes permanent jan 1st 

Edited by islander200

So according to mowbray tonight we put a £4mil bid in for freeman, £5mil for brereton and £4mil for someone from prem (who went elsewhere for bigger wages) so we could have spent £13mil, plus army potential £3mil, plus davenport and Rothwell a combined £1mil or so, plus palmer loan fee and wages say£1.5mil. So budget of £19.5mil???

Just now, AAK said:

So according to mowbray tonight we put a £4mil bid in for freeman, £5mil for brereton and £4mil for someone from prem (who went elsewhere for bigger wages) so we could have spent £13mil, plus army potential £3mil, plus davenport and Rothwell a combined £1mil or so, plus palmer loan fee and wages say£1.5mil. So budget of £19.5mil???

Was it not a case of missing out on one target so we then moved onto another?

• Like 1

Who was the 4m player we missed out on from the Premiership?

Edit: I have had a look not many 4m championship signings from a premier league team. Closest is the Celina kid from Man City who went for 3m. There was talk of a City Youngster not named Nmecha.

Edited by Fraserkirky

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lazy suggestion? 

Iook elsewhere at who? 

I felt his goal record here was good. Got to remember we had Coyle for 7 months of the season. 

I don't think you can count the MK Dons spell at all. 

I would be happy with either tbh. but slightly preferred Brereton tbh. 

I can't see Brereton being happy at not playing and trying to be sold behind his back by his own club

interesting

Brereton only came available in the last 2 days of window

Yeah, because hes a former player, and naturally, seeing as supporters arent professional scouts, they are limited in which players they know that we can sign.

You mention your Coyle point, but its a thoughtless one. Coyles issue was never that we were not attacking enough, it was that we were unfit, disorgansed, had players like Greer and Brown as plasters over the cracks in defence, we had the worst keeper ever in goal, we had no ability to game manage, hence the number of 3-2 defeats we seemed to had. Coyles tactics were in general, horrendous, but they were in no way of a hindrance to an attacking player like Gallagher, if anything they would benefit him.

Why cant you count the MK Dons spell? Is it because he did awfully and it doesnt fit your narrative of him being a good signing?

Coyle played a 4-4-2, and if I remember correctly, Gallagher had the luxury of Danny Graham next to him, therefore the fact that he was incapable of holding it up, of bringing others into play, wasnt a problem as Graham could do that, allowing him to use his mobility which was one of his main assets. 

If he was to join now, it would be a case of either him or Graham, not both, as we play a different formation, with a number 10, which happens to be our best player.

How do you know this "Brereton only came available in the last 2 days of window" - is it through what Alan Nixon said? If so, discard it from your thoughts. Everything he said about late increases in budgets etc has been shown by Mowbray to be a load of crap, a pack of lies. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

I went through the list of signings from the prem to Championship. Sharpe said we were in for a Manchester City player on loan but he had moved to another club.Celina joined Swansea from City for 4 million.Sharpe initially said that Davenport was only going to be a loan too so maybe it was Celina 

28 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Edit: I have had a look not many 4m championship signings from a premier league team. Closest is the Celina kid from Man City who went for 3m. There was talk of a City Youngster not named Nmecha.

Ha i was typing that response too you when you were doing your research 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah, because hes a former player, and naturally, seeing as supporters arent professional scouts, they are limited in which players they know that we can sign.

You mention your Coyle point, but its a thoughtless one. Coyles issue was never that we were not attacking enough, it was that we were unfit, disorgansed, had players like Greer and Brown as plasters over the cracks in defence, we had the worst keeper ever in goal, we had no ability to game manage, hence the number of 3-2 defeats we seemed to had. Coyles tactics were in general, horrendous, but they were in no way of a hindrance to an attacking player like Gallagher, if anything they would benefit him.

Why cant you count the MK Dons spell? Is it because he did awfully and it doesnt fit your narrative of him being a good signing?

Coyle played a 4-4-2, and if I remember correctly, Gallagher had the luxury of Danny Graham next to him, therefore the fact that he was incapable of holding it up, of bringing others into play, wasnt a problem as Graham could do that, allowing him to use his mobility which was one of his main assets. 

If he was to join now, it would be a case of either him or Graham, not both, as we play a different formation, with a number 10, which happens to be our best player.

How do you know this "Brereton only came available in the last 2 days of window" - is it through what Alan Nixon said? If so, discard it from your thoughts. Everything he said about late increases in budgets etc has been shown by Mowbray to be a load of crap, a pack of lies. 

Coyle being at Rovers was joke in terms of everything. 

MK Dons was the wrong club and manager at that job who didn't use him right and in terms of role or tactics. I don't know how Cotterill used him last season either but his tactics are generally long ball in 4-5-1 formation which isn't his game. We don't play in that formation or long ball game. 

How many times did Graham and Gallagher played together and how many goals did it produce? 

I feel with the 3 behind Gallagher in Dack and others they would play to strengths like run in behind defence and play to feet. 

I am quite happy to used Nixon on Brereton being available. and I wouldn't be surprise if Karanka decide he didn't want Brereton

13 minutes ago, unsall said:

Was talking to someone at the game today,can’t say who, but it’s 70/30 that Chapnan is signing for us.

Thanks for sharing

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Was it not a case of missing out on one target so we then moved onto another?

He didnt say that though? May have been, even so would still make it £15.5mil, budget. I jusy don't believe it. 

Edited by AAK

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Coyle being at Rovers was joke in terms of everything. 

MK Dons was the wrong club and manager at that job who didn't use him right and in terms of role or tactics. I don't know how Cotterill used him last season either but his tactics are generally long ball in 4-5-1 formation which isn't his game. We don't play in that formation or long ball game. 

How many times did Graham and Gallagher played together and how many goals did it produce? 

I feel with the 3 behind Gallagher in Dack and others they would play to strengths like run in behind defence and play to feet. 

I am quite happy to used Nixon on Brereton being available. and I wouldn't be surprise if Karanka decide he didn't want Brereton

Thanks for sharing

Firstly, you are a better man than me if you know MK Dons tactics 3 years ago.

He was, but Gallagher scored a lot of his goals under him playing WITH Graham. He wouldn't have a target man with him, he would have to be the focal point.

He doesn't have the same skillset as Graham, nothing like it, Gallagher is quite fast, spends most of his time facing goal, is weak, cant hold it up or win flick ons. Graham meanwhile, is very slow, spends a lot of time facing away from goal, is strong, can hold it up and can win flick ons. If we subbed on Gallagher for Graham, we would have to play a totally different style of football. 

Do you appreciate the point, and agree with me, that Gallagher and Graham are totally different styles of strikers?

We aren't going to agree on whether we rate Gallagher, I don't, you do, so Im not interested in that, agree to disagree. Do you agree with the above point?

You are only happy with it because you think everything Nixon says is correct. Mowbray has come out and said he had the same budget throughout, Nixon said the opposite in one of his made up stories. Therefore, nothing Nixon has said regarding our transfer deadline day business can be trusted. I personally trust Mowbrays word over Nixons.

I'm not saying Brereton isnt available, but our bid was rejected for him. 

Darragh MacAnthonyVerified account @DMAC102 14s14 seconds ago

Darragh MacAnthony Retweeted Richard Sherwood

Yes possibly

Darragh MacAnthony added,

Richard Sherwood @rsherwood1990
@DMAC102 no Maddison in the 18 for you today any chance of a loan to buy move to another club?
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes