BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

I'm sure they are working hard behind the scenes to deliver one good loan deal but i'm not holding out much hope now it's been an odd window all round.

If we get one in I think it might be Chapman they'll see that as a fan appeaser as well as him ticking other boxes.....apart from fitness.

Wickham is a better player than Gallagher and far more suited to the sort of player we are looking for, in terms of his hold up play.

However, a no solely because of his injury record, and the fact that due to his wages it would only be a short term deal with no realistic potential of extending it.

Nixon has already linked him to 2 teams on loan, so its anyones guess where he will end up, look at Nmecha.

2 hours ago, TruRover said:

What TM is looking to do is sign Grahams long term replacement. He's looking for a strong powerful centre forward who is useful in the air and can hold up the ball. 

I think Breton was TM's target as he has the physical attributes and he clearly has a lot of potential. If he had got a year under grahams guidance it would of done him the world of good and would of gone a long way to helping us be ready to potentially lead the line for us next season in our attempt to challenge for the playoffs. So it's a shame we didn't get him in.  Either way we failed to make a marque signing, a player who could improve our team for the next couple of years. So, as I think TM has recognised in his recent comments, the permanent window has been more of a failure than a success. 

In regards to some of our targets such as Bauer and Chapman, I think we will wait until Jan and get them on reduced fees. 

I agree we need to be looking for Graham long term replacement. Brereton or Gallagher would fit the bill. A year here under Graham learning the role and how to play it would be ideal. 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

He hasn't been fit in 2 years though ,And was always breaking down and injured before that.I would avoid Wickham and hopefully it's just Nixon talking shit.

Yeah sure i read he is on big money he was a big signing for Palace at the time.

In any case he wouldn't be signing for anyone for anything less than 30...too injury prone to be paying those sort of wages 

So if Wickham does come In I suspect it will be loans with no view,even Mowbray's comments yesterday about short term loans suggest that.

Yes he was a big signing for Palace at the time. 

I suspect his agent and Palace are trying to get him a loan deal so he can play. 

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Lucas Joao not in the Sheff Wed squad yesterday.  Would take him back in a heartbeat.

I don't see Mowbray moving for Joao at all. Not sure he would fit into the squad in terms of attitude and work rate. Plus didn't Mowbray and Joao have a falling out in Mowbray 1st season?

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Graham isnt over weight at all. 

I've previously given you the benefit of the doubt before chaddy but you really are just a d1ck. I apologise for the 'personal comment' and prepare myself for the usual nonsense....

I've seen him in the treatment room at Brockhall with his belly over the top of his shorts, have you? 

• Like 1

Just now, darrenrover said:

I've previously given you the benefit of the doubt before chaddy but you really are just a d1ck. I apologise for the 'personal comment' and prepare myself for the usual nonsense....

I've seen him in the treatment room at Brockhall with his belly over the top of his shorts, have you? 

Was he sat down hunched over slightly? We all get a little  belly overhang if we do that haha

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Sunderland couldn’t get him off the beer. Loves it

5 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

i have this funny feeling we will announce maddison tomorrow dallydally, not sure why but i have a gut feeling it will happen

No dig here Adam but the number of times I heard this during the last few weeks I can't buy it. Mind you Im still recovering from the miserable deadline day drought when it was built up as the most exciting deadline day for a few years. 

Just now, JayDee said:

No dig here Adam but the number of times I heard this during the last few weeks I can't buy it. Mind you Im still recovering from the miserable deadline day drought when it was built up as the most exciting deadline day for a few years. 

its just a gut feeling, with all the tibits coming from the posh chairman ect and some gossip   i have a feeling we will annouce it tomorrow

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

The last two seasons Graham has come back clearly unfit and hasn't got going until mid to end of November. Indeed I never thought he looked properly fit at any point during the relegation Sea so.

We can't really afford that luxury this season with our lack of alternative options.

27 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

its just a gut feeling, with all the tibits coming from the posh chairman ect and some gossip   i have a feeling we will annouce it tomorrow

Hope you're right it'll just be the medicine we all need I think. That and a striker 

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The last two seasons Graham has come back clearly unfit and hasn't got going until mid to end of November. Indeed I never thought he looked properly fit at any point during the relegation Sea so.

We can't really afford that luxury this season with our lack of alternative options.

I was suprised how unfit he was yesterday. He was chugging like mad after 60mins.

Infact one of his chances, he nearly fell over becasue he couldnt seem to get his legs working under him