BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

26 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The last two seasons Graham has come back clearly unfit and hasn't got going until mid to end of November. Indeed I never thought he looked properly fit at any point during the relegation Sea so.

We can't really afford that luxury this season with our lack of alternative options.

I think Graham is getting a bit of unfair stick.Dack actually looks more unfit than Graham and he is 9 or 10 years younger 

Against Ipswich he led the line well, scored and played a major part in the other goal.

Yeah he ran out of steam after the 60 minute mark but he did work hard as he did yesterday.

Could have done better with the chances but did well holding the defender off.

• Like 3

Just now, islander200 said:

I think Graham is getting a bit of unfair stick.Dack actually looks more unfit than Graham and he is 9 or 10 years younger 

Against Ipswich he led the line well, scored and played a major part in the other goal.

Yeah he ran out of steam after the 60 minute mark but he did work hard as he did yesterday.

Could have done better with the chances but did well holding the defender off.

And on Graham, if he does run out of steam after 60 min, it's not his fault if we have anybody who can replace him. 

Id say its only unfair if we are missing some info. Maybe he had an injury pre season or something.

But if he didnt, a professional player after a full pre season shouldnt be chugging so hard after 60mins, 2 games into a season

15 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Id say its only unfair if we are missing some info. Maybe he had an injury pre season or something.

But if he didnt, a professional player after a full pre season shouldnt be chugging so hard after 60mins, 2 games into a season

He has always been like that though and he has had a lot of injury issues.

Playing up front on your own is a hard position to play even for a player in their prime, a constant battle against 2 centre halves.

Graham doesn't stand up top with his hands on his hips, he does work hard.But he is pushing 33 now and the injury issues he has had throughout his career will have taken their toll.

He also missed a bit of pre season with injury. He wasn't involved against liverpool due to it.

Like I said he scored and played a major part in the other goal v Ipswich and ok he missed them but he still did well in holding the defender off on Saturday.

Edited by islander200

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Small margins I suppose. If Graham takes one of those chances yesterday we are saying 2 in 2 for Graham. He could get 20 this season! 

Last year some on here wanted him to be released some were desperate for him to be moved on and he ended up top scorer.

I remember reading an interview with Dack, and he was saying how he loved playing with Graham due to his intelligence. 

Do we need another striker of his ilk?Yes

Does he run out of steam in the later parts of matches?Yes 

But he has played decent enough in both games and had a hand in both goals scored v Ipswich 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16413975.forest-boss-comments-on-rovers-interest-in-ben-brereton/

Well we can rule him out coming in on loan with a view to making it permanent. 

I doubt anything is close Mowbray seemed pretty downbeat about things yesterday.

I don't think it is us in for Maddison either.

Edited by islander200

Makes perfect sense now why mowbray looks for players with only have a year left on contract. I believe that's because there's a good budget but the owners aren't willing to sanction long term expensive contracts. Therefore tony is looking at getting them in at low fees to allow him to use the budget on bigger wages. However when we clearly got desperate we fired out big offers but the budget wouldn't allow big wages and wasn't quite enough for the extra million or so for the required fee. Therefore tony is now stuck for options and will probably have to go for his c and d options. 

2 years ago and beyond venkys hated paying fees but handed out ridiculous wages, now its the other way around. A result of the accounting audit maybe? 

Edited by AAK

49 minutes ago, islander200 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16413975.forest-boss-comments-on-rovers-interest-in-ben-brereton/

Well we can rule him out coming in on loan with a view to making it permanent. 

I doubt anything is close Mowbray seemed pretty downbeat about things yesterday.

I don't think it is us in for Maddison either.

I’ve interpreted that very differently, it sounds like they are very willing to sell Bereton if the deal is right. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I’ve interpreted that very differently, it sounds like they are very willing to sell Bereton if the deal is right. 

He said he isn't for sale but they might be willing to loan him out if it's right for the player and then.

I don't see how that article suggests they are willing to sell him?

Would have loved if we had bought him, but don't want him being brought in if it's just a loan with him going back to Forest at the end of the season 

Edited by islander200

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He said he isn't for sale but they might be willing to loan him out if it's right for the player and then.

I don't see how that article suggests they are willing to sell him?

Would have loved if we had bought him, but don't want him being brought in if it's just a loan with him going back to Forest at the end of the season 

“No, we are not in a rush to sell him” 

That basically means they will sell him if a good bid comes in and the player wants to go. If not, he’s happy to have him stay and fight for a place. That’s essentially what Karanka is saying. It’s hardly a “he’s not for sale at any price” type comment from Karanka. 

Still think Gallagher is more likely though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

That basically means they will sell him if a good bid comes in and the player wants to go. If not, he’s happy to have him stay and fight for a place. That’s essentially what Karanka is saying. It’s hardly a “he’s not for sale at any price” type comment from Karanka. 

Still not sure what this Forest lad brings. Pace? Physical presence? Aerial abiliy?

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

Ok fair enough been a long day  you are probably  right but like the post from wing wizard suggests he is saying it will take more than 5million which would most likely rule us out 

Hopefully we can do the same very early this week. We have gaps in the squad, we have the targets, we have scouted them and spent time confirming their availability, and we have the money.

There are no more excuses.

• Like 3

My interpretation of Mowbray's comments over the weekend was that the boat has been missed in terms of getting big expensive signings over the line. It seems there was some money there to pay out on relatively large fees but that perhaps the wage budget wasn't sufficient to get them done.

He's giving the impression that there might be a short term loan or two to provide cover until January and then IF we're doing ok he HOPES that the funds will still be available to make some decent buys.

Of course before then there is a huge amount of football to be played in a tough league and every chance the cash won't be available as the promotion hysteria will have died down. Even if the money is available we'll hear all the usual stories of how January is a difficult or expensive time to make signings and better waiting until the summer window when there's so much time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Hopefully we can do the same very early this week. We have gaps in the squad, we have the targets, we have scouted them and spent time confirming their availability, and we have the money.

There are no more excuses.

Yeah but I didn't like Mowbrays comments about short term loans in that article yesterday. 

If we have the cash then like you say we have had all summer, seemingly have the cash so we  should be doing what the club's above are doing.

Didn't sound like we are remotely close to anything going of what Mowbray said yesterday though 

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

My interpretation of Mowbray's comments over the weekend was that the boat has been missed in terms of getting big expensive signings over the line. It seems there was some money there to pay out on relatively large fees but that perhaps the wage budget wasn't sufficient to get them done.

He's giving the impression that there might be a short term loan or two to provide cover until January and then IF we're doing ok he HOPES that the funds will still be available to make some decent buys.

Of course before then there is a huge amount of football to be played in a tough league and every chance the cash won't be available as the promotion hysteria will have died down. Even if the money is available we'll hear all the usual stories of how January is a difficult or expensive time to make signings and better waiting until the summer window when there's so much time.

One thing that does strike me as odd with that article, leading up to deadline day Mowbray said it didn't matter if we didn't get players in before the 9th as we could still loan and make it permanent in January.

Then yesterday it was all about short term loans and going again in January if we are doing ok and the money is still available. What's changed?

I get the wages side of things but why aren't we doing what every other club in the country does, sound out the players agent and find out what they would be looking for?

Edited by islander200

4 hours ago, AdamRochina said:

i have this funny feeling we will announce maddison tomorrow dallydally, not sure why but i have a gut feeling it will happen

I dunno. This board has had a massive chubby over this Maddison guy ever since we made the link up in the first place. You never know but I just can’t see it. There’s a good chance we’ve never even been interested in him.

I reckon Sparky will do us a “favour” and loan us Gallagher but I seem to remember him being linked with £7million transfers a few weeks back, so a loan with no agreed price.

We might get Chapman purely because his contract is up at the end of the season and we could negotiate a nice Venky-Low fee in January.

IF we are doing well IM SURE the money will still be there.

I found that strange. I might be over analysing what he said but what IF. Where not doing well. IM SURE or it will be there. Why wouldn't it be there as guaranteed after being agreed in India. Also if we're not doing well it's because we haven't signed the players so surly we would need it  more if we weren't doing well. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Already been a couple of loan to buy deals done today.

Bolton have signed a goalkeeper from Norwich that will become permanent Jan 1st.

And Sheffield United have just signed Norwood from Brighton, loan and made permanent Jan 1st for 2.5 million 

Norwoods a very good signing for Sheffield United, and one we should have gone for in my opinion.

@Stuart is right in there being no excuses, in that theres no point waiting until the end of the month and risk a case of de ja vu.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Norwoods a very good signing for Sheffield United, and one we should have gone for in my opinion.

@Stuart is right in there being no excuses, in that theres no point waiting until the end of the month and risk a case of de ja vu.

He is right no doubt but Mowbray's comments yesterday don't suggest anything is close and it read to me they will be short term loans rather than agreed to buy come January 

So far we have made a right mess of this window if we have the sort of cash being talked about.

Happy with the signings brought in but we need more quality.The only new signing that started on Saturday we don't even own which is a joke really if we have any ambition other than being in the bottom half 

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

IF we are doing well IM SURE the money will still be there.

I found that strange. I might be over analysing what he said but what IF. Where not doing well. IM SURE or it will be there. Why wouldn't it be there as guaranteed after being agreed in India. Also if we're not doing well it's because we haven't signed the players so surly we would need it  more if we weren't doing well. 

Seem to remember last season that the manager was getting a budget for each transfer window. Waggott claimed that they had a very healthy budget for the January window which they didn't spend too much of. Bell, Downing and probably some loan fees for Armstrong and Payne. 

Rich Sharpe says that Mowbray doesn't like to overpay for players and will rather wait. Rothwell and Bell being two examples of this. They tried for Bell last summer ended up waiting untill January to bring him for under half the amount quoted in the summer. Similar story with Rothwell. 

I'm sure there will be money in January, though you would expect if we have we have some distant chance of a play-off that will really help towards a big budget