BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

If a player is not for sale or loan, Manager speak is:

"X is incredibly happy here and he is very settled locally with his girlfriend/wife/family. He is not for sale under any circumstances and we will not consider offers."

They don't mention any specific club unless it is "we have told Rovers that all bids are rejected and we consider the matter closed"  

That is not what the Forest manager said.

I suspect we will either see relatively early loan action effectively completing business on some of the "four or five" from this time last week or it will be 31 August stuff when clubs see where they are in the pecking order. There is no guarantee that the shyness blighting most clubs' transfer window won't also impact the loans window...

That is why I rate the Hull game as "must win". Not for the table in May 2019 but Rovers making a bright start in the table this month will to some extent banish the "newly promoted and at risk of relegation" tag when it comes to attracting loanees, particularly as they inevitably will be with a view to permanence.   

Edited by philipl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

The situation is as unclear than its ever been since Mowbray came to the club. As much as you’d like to, please don’t bend the rhetoric to fit your argument.

You made another point before saying it was the “worst performance” you’d seen including Coyle. Assuming you weren’t here for the Kean era when we went three home games without a shot on target? Or if you remember a time where Akpan and Lowe were our midfield linchpins? Assuming also that you didn’t come to our first two home games in League 1 either?

We were off the pace on Saturday for the first 30 minutes and then grew into a game where the 8th best team in the league needed their keeper to make 4 (Dack free kick, 2 x DG one on one & Rothwell rocket) great saves and an mom performance to stop us from trouncing them.

No one is happy with the transfer situation and come Sep 1st I’m sure there will be an autopsy. What worries me is that we had money to spend but were unable to spend it. But now is not the time to simply make stuff up.

My 'Rhetoric' is anti Venkys. Always will be. We will never progress with them as owners. On our way back? You must be joking.

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, Bepeja43 said:

Not hopeful at all of incomings, and that first half v Millwall is as poor as I've seen us, inc Coyle. Dire stuff.

If you, or either of the two people that liked this post think the second part is true, you're all off your heads.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

I genuinely thought the football was awful.. I took the dogs out. Couldn't take any more of it.

You are entitled to you opinion. 

However it rather weakens it going forward. 

• Like 2

A lot of frustration is its been the worst summer transfer window for some time when the squad clearly needs building on especially when TM wanted signings done early on 

On another note the attendance was pretty disappointing newly promoted and a nice day.. The feel good factor from the end of last season seems to have evaporated when the Club should have built on it 

24 minutes ago, Athlete said:

A lot of frustration is its been the worst summer transfer window for some time when the squad clearly needs building on especially when TM wanted signings done early on 

On another note the attendance was pretty disappointing newly promoted and a nice day.. The feel good factor from the end of last season seems to have evaporated when the Club should have built on it 

How on earth could anyone in their right mind call this summer “worst summer transfer window for some time”..

Do you remember last year when we had to replace 12 players after dropping into the third division?

How about the year before when we sold our two best centrebacks?

I could go on, but I’m not going to. Try thinking before you speak because anyone with an ounce of sense couldn’t say keeping our best players, extending their deals and adding some potential (Armstrong, Davenport and Rothwell) is one of the “worst” in recent memory.

Underwhelming perhaps.

Edited by Biz
  • Like 4

• Moderation Lead
54 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

I genuinely thought the football was awful.. I took the dogs out. Couldn't take any more of it.

It was poor for the first half an hour, but it certainly wasn't as bad as some of the performances we've seen in recent years under Coyle!

52 minutes ago, Athlete said:

This.

Positive season last year and we've failed to build on it.  Firstly the late release of STs, then the price increase of STs, followed by talk of exciting players and good budgets, followed by failure to deliver them.  Unable to win either of our first 2 games on the pitch.   All of this means we are pretty much back at square one in terms of attracting supporters back. 

Going to need a lucky cup run or something to get people back though the door now.

With regards to Saturday's attendance, a lot of people are on holiday and Millwall may put a few off.  Thought 13k plus wasn't bad tbh.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Biz said:

How on earth could anyone in their right mind call this summer “worst summer transfer window for some time”..

Do you remember last year when we had to replace 12 players after dropping into the third division?

How about the year before when we sold our two best centrebacks?

I could go on, but I’m not going to. Try thinking before you speak because anyone with an ounce of sense couldn’t say keeping our best players, extending their deals and adding some potential (Armstrong, Davenport and Rothwell) is one of the “worst” in recent memory.

Underwhelming perhaps.

Right mind lol... Nice insult 

The point being is the side is in need of quality for competition for places as anyone knows we are very light up top and even though midfield is well stocked we need better 

As far as the relegation to league one transfer window we kept our better players and brought in Dack the season before we brought in pure quality with Mulgrew so biz you are talking biz Imho 

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

This.

Positive season last year and we've failed to build on it.  Firstly the late release of STs, then the price increase of STs, followed by talk of exciting players and good budgets, followed by failure to deliver them.  Unable to win either of our first 2 games on the pitch.   All of this means we are pretty much back at square one in terms of attracting supporters back. 

Going to need a lucky cup run or something to get people back though the door now.

With regards to Saturday's attendance, a lot of people are on holiday and Millwall may put a few off.  Thought 13k plus wasn't bad tbh.

I went down for a couple of extra tickets as a favour on Saturday morning as ST holder and 1875 got a £3 discount per ticket as the family I purchased em for don't live local and after 12 would face the matchday-ticket increase. quite a healthy queue so was hoping for a crowd topping the 15k mark unfortunately this didn't happen as you rightly pointed out people are still on holiday but the clubs pricing structure isn't helping to attract more fans back to Ewood as another poster pointed out it seems waggott has gone for short term gain 

1 minute ago, Athlete said:

Right mind lol... Nice insult 

The point being is the side is in need of quality for competition for places as anyone knows we are very light up top and even though midfield is well stocked we need better 

As far as the relegation to league one transfer window we kept our better players and brought in Dack the season before we brought in pure quality with Mulgrew so biz you are talking biz Imho 

Agree we could’ve used some quality and depth but you can’t really suggest this summer is worse than hiring Coyle, signing Stokes, Greer, Feeney and Wes Brown - whilst loaning a load of premier league players (only a couple any good) and selling Hanley and Duffy?

Last season we had to replace almost half the squad. Losing some quality too like Mahoney. We also had a league one budget - all the signings costing less than Armstrong’s fee. 

So, right mind or a poor memory?

10 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

This.

Back to square one? What would you call 12 months ago? Square minus one? I also can’t see how anyone could agree that this summer window is worse than the last in this league. 

16 minutes ago, Biz said:

Agree we could’ve used some quality and depth but you can’t really suggest this summer is worse than hiring Coyle, signing Stokes, Greer, Feeney and Wes Brown - whilst loaning a load of premier league players (only a couple any good) and selling Hanley and Duffy?

Last season we had to replace almost half the squad. Losing some quality too like Mahoney. We also had a league one budget - all the signings costing less than Armstrong’s fee. 

Mahoney was never going to sign as he was offered a pittance by Rovers 

The hiring of Coyle was nothing to do with transfers look who we should have had and were are Cardiff now ?? 

Biz is you think this summers transfer window has been good than you are talking biz.. 

8 minutes ago, Biz said:

Back to square one? What would you call 12 months ago? Square minus one? I also can’t see how anyone could agree that this summer window is worse than the last in this league. 

Back to square one in terms of attracting new support.  We missed lots of opportunities over the last few months.

We can debate the success of this  window once we have all our loan to permanent deals done.

Just now, Athlete said:

Mahoney was never going to sign as he was offered a pittance by Rovers 

The hiring of Coyle was nothing to do with transfers look who we should have had and were are Cardiff now ?? 

Biz is you think this summers transfer window has been good than you are talking biz.. 

I don’t think it’s been very good, but I’m not stupid enough to think giving Lenihan, Dack and a few others new contracts and adding some young potential and quality in three signings is “the worst in recent memory”. 

I would suggest you get a grip.

• Like 1

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Back to square one in terms of attracting new support.  We missed lots of opportunities over the last few months.

We can debate the success of this  window once we have all our loan to permanent deals done.

Different debate, you quoted the misery guts above talking about this window being “the worst” in recent times.

I actually agree that we could’ve done better enticing fans with a better season ticket offer. Hopefully they’ll learn from those mistakes but as JHR says in the season ticket thread - there’s a trend across a few clubs, it’s our staffs job to break that. Cheap tickets for u14s or something would’ve been a start. I remember back in 2001/02, myself and @S8 & Blue got a season ticket each for 30/40 quid.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Biz said:

Obviously agree with you on the window and how ones before have been far worse. For me the Coyle one and the summer in embargo when we signed Delfounso and Koita and sold Cairney and Gestede being low points.

But surely last summers window was one of success in that it set us up to finish 2nd. We signed our best player Dack, signed Smallwood, yes the rest of the signings were at best mixed but we kept our best players and let loads of rubbish leave, having an overdue clearout. You mention Mahoney but was he a loss, really? Never suggested to me hed do much based on his cameos here.