BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Why are some people dissing Sam Gallagher so much? Who are people realistically expecting us to sign?

He’s no superstar but he’s young and hungry and he did well when he was here under a terrible ‘manager’. I for one think he’ll do even better with the attacking players he’ll have around him this time. Even more so if we get another decent winger in.

• Like 8

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Why are some people dissing Sam Gallagher so much? Who are people realistically expecting us to sign?

He’s no superstar but he’s young and hungry and he did well when he was here under a terrible ‘manager’. I for one think he’ll do even better with the attacking players he’ll have around him this time. Even more so if we get another decent winger in.

I think it’s potentially that’s it’s just a little anticlimactic that’s all.

Earlier in the window I wasn’t clamouring for his signing however I think at this point he’d certainly improve the squad and on that basis be a welcome addition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

I think it’s potentially that’s it’s just a little anticlimactic that’s all.

Earlier in the window I wasn’t clamouring for his signing however I think at this point he’d certainly improve the squad and on that basis be a welcome addition.

Yeah, don’t get me wrong it’s a little anticlimactic but at this stage there’s nobody else realistically that we could get that I would want. I guess it’s all opinions but he’ll improve our situation quite a lot!

15 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Because they haven’t got a scooby doo!

the amount of negative comments on here makes you laugh and it’s from posters who think they know better and more so some of whom should be managing premiership clubs!

this BRFC 2018 get over it we take what we can.

Gally is another year wiser fast direct and an upgrade on anything we have upfront at the moment!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

As I explained, the terrible manager excuse doesnt hold much weight.

Gallagher played many games in a 4-4-2 with Graham. Coyle for all his faults wasnt a manager for whom attacking players would struggle under, the only problem was absolutely everything else. Hence the constant 3-2 defeats. We dont play that formation, nor should we with the number of 10s we have now, most notably our best player.

His role would have to be totally different if he was to rerurn. He had a target man in Graham last time. This time he would have to be the target man with a small number 10 ie Dack off him. He doesnt have the skillset as the lone striker in our formation.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Expecting it to be Sam Gallagher

What makes you say that? I’m not having a go, I don’t do Twitter so wasn’t sure if there had been any recent rumours linking us with him is all....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Because they haven’t got a scooby doo!

the amount of negative comments on here makes you laugh and it’s from posters who think they know better and more so some of whom should be managing premiership clubs!

this BRFC 2018 get over it we take what we can.

Gally is another year wiser fast direct and an upgrade on anything we have upfront at the moment!

Ah, the use of the word negative as a common attempt to get people to agree with your argument when it lacks any substance or constructiveness to it.

What exactly are people being negative about? The potential of signing someone we havent even recently been linked with? How is that negative.

Another year wiser? Not so sure based on how he did last season.

"We take what we can" even though what we are supposed to be taken hasnt signed nor have there been any strong suggestions that we will.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry, despite all the smart arse comments about how people dissing Gallagher should be managing in the Prem he just isn't good enough for me no matter how you dress it up.

If you're relying on him you're looking at bottom 5 or 6 at best imo.

Problem with loan window us you pretty much have to take what you get offered.  One reason why the perm window was such a balls up. 

21 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Problem with loan window us you pretty much have to take what you get offered.  One reason why the perm window was such a balls up. 

Completely agree. They do say never go back and apart from anything else I really don't see the fascination in reuniting the strike force that got us relegated. They weren't the only reason we went down but it didn't quite work well enough, move on.

51 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

What makes you say that? I’m not having a go, I don’t do Twitter so wasn’t sure if there had been any recent rumours linking us with him is all....

Think Rich Sharpe has suggested an interest in him on several occasions. He also said he had been told there was nothing in the Wickham story.

K

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

As I explained, the terrible manager excuse doesnt hold much weight.

Gallagher played many games in a 4-4-2 with Graham. Coyle for all his faults wasnt a manager for whom attacking players would struggle under, the only problem was absolutely everything else. Hence the constant 3-2 defeats. We dont play that formation, nor should we with the number of 10s we have now, most notably our best player.

His role would have to be totally different if he was to rerurn. He had a target man in Graham last time. This time he would have to be the target man with a small number 10 ie Dack off him. He doesnt have the skillset as the lone striker in our formation.

Would you take Chris Martin on loan from Derby?

If Gallagher does sign do you not think Mowbray will change the forward role to suit Gallagher style? 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

K

If Gallagher does sign do you not think Mowbray will change the forward role to suit Gallagher style? 

I'd take Chris martin. Not exactly the Graham doppleganger people are pleading for but would offer something different. Good energy and tidy finisher

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Don't get all the Gallagher negativity.  He's better than anyone else we have up front.

Not by much.

Edit: For 24k p.w. wages and a big loan fee there must surely be far better options somewhere across Europe.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Gally is a waste of space .. Not for me ...He’s on big wages too ... his loan fee would be high too ... 

Strong words from you there, care to elaborate ?  Does he have an attitude or a billy big balls ego or something ?

Agree the loan fee is a bit eye watering and would've been better put towards a perm signing.

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

K

Yeah, I'd take Chris Martin here. Preferably not just on loan. He's going to be out of favour with Waghorn, Marriott, Nugent etc all ahead of him, hes got a proven track record and hes not even 30 yet.