BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

I've stopped taking what you say seriousley after dead line day with your  there we go eye emoji

Best to take with a pinch of salt anyone who claims to be in the know these days, people on here and twitter from random blokes with connections, National and local journos on the whole have been way off this window with the odd exception on individual signings.

Have to say I much prefer it this way as well.

Edit - have to say I think Chapman will come as well, it’s an easy assumption to make really. 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, rovers11 said:

I like Chapman a lot, he has the potential to be a premier league player imo. He can ghost past a player at pace and create havoc. Injury record a concern but one I would love to return. Think he may well return before the end of the month. 

With how sharp Danny Ings looked when he came on yesterday after barely playing for 2 years it's made my doubts on Chapman decrease a hell of a lot. Bring him home Tony.

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Wickham link sounds right to me.  Gamble on a player that is a perfect for the loan man role and a good age  but/50 whether he'd break down.

Depends whether Palace think he has a future with then or if they are willing to   write him off.  2 years left on his contract.

Bit like Santa Cruz.

We worry that Graham won't last the season and we have to take him off every game to save him for the next one. And his presence is absolutely crucial to the team's success, we have no-one else like him.

To sign someone who, at 25, has a terrible injury record, does not seem sensible to me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

We worry that Graham won't last the season and we have to take him off every game to save him for the next one. And his presence is absolutely crucial to the team's success, we have no-one else like him.

To sign someone who, at 25, has a terrible injury record, does not seem sensible to me.

On loan.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Doubt any Gallagher signing would amount to anything more than a loan as i'm not sure how you go from 7 million rated 20 grand per week player to what Rovers can afford in a short space of time.

To be fair, it was rumoured they wanted 7 million but did anyone actually sign him? A player is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. Take Armstrong for example, Newcastle dangled him out on transfer list for double what we wanted to pay with no takers so we got him at a more reasonable price. They're just playing the game, don't blame them but they will be lucky to sell him for 3 million. He isn't going to get anywhere near the first team to drive his price up either. Similar one to Armstrong this one, I wouldn't be surprised to see it pan out a similar way. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

To be fair, it was rumoured they wanted 7 million but did anyone actually sign him? A player is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. Take Armstrong for example, Newcastle dangled him out on transfer list for double what we wanted to pay with no takers so we got him at a more reasonable price. They're just playing the game, don't blame them but they will be lucky to sell him for 3 million. He isn't going to get anywhere near the first team to drive his price up either. Similar one to Armstrong this one, I wouldn't be surprised to see it pan out a similar way. 

Yes fair points although wages might be an issue but they sorted Armstrong so there's a possibility if he isn't greedy.

9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Gallagher and chapman..clearly scouting system at rovers is shit...zero imagination

I think if you know the players offer something, know them as characters and they fancy coming it's probably a no brainer for any manager if you've a chance of getting them.

Would be nice to get a couple of out of the blue rabbits out the hat though..........

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Gallagher and chapman..clearly scouting system at rovers is shit...zero imagination

Yeah and 3 signings out of the blue in Rothwell, Davenport and Palmer DO show a bit of imagination.

Rumoured targeting of Freeman and Brereton also refute that somewhat.

Targeting players who show potential is the name of our game now, regardless whether you've heard of them before.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Apparently there was talk in Birmingham of them bidding for Gallagher towards the end of July, one of the sites/papers had a fans' poll......

Would you want him back ?

48%  Yes

52%  No

No idea how many fans took part, but pretty close, looks like the Brexit result.

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere.

4 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Apparently there was talk in Birmingham of them bidding for Gallagher towards the end of July, one of the sites/papers had a fans' poll......

Would you want him back ?

48%  Yes

52%  No

No idea how many fans took part, but pretty close, looks like the Brexit result.

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere.

Didn't score too many at brum, but intellegent fans would have noticed other aspects, such as his all round play and seen promise there.

A bit like our numpty fans looked at Kevin Davies and saw a dolloper.. Whereas an intelligent football man like Sam allardyce saw something else entirely.

Edited by Bepeja43
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bepeja43 said:

Didn't score too many at brum, but intellegent fans would have noticed other aspects, such as his all round play and seen promise there.

I don't really know what to think, I haven't seen enough of him in the flesh, some have said he isn't great in the air for a big guy. but he did

score a brilliant header for Brum in one of the last games of the season and he seems to be a pretty quick once he gets in his stride.

46 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

A bit like our numpty fans looked at Kevin Davies and saw a dolloper.. Whereas an intelligent football man like Sam allardyce saw something else entirely.

I'm sorry but Kevin Davies WAS a dolloper at Rovers, relative to price and expectation. We wouldn't have had to sell him back for a fraction of the price, only for him to be released by Southampton a further 4 years down the line, otherwise. Simply because he eventually went on to be a good player at a middling Prem team that suited him, several seasons after he played for us, does not rewrite history.

We were trying to get back in the elite at the time (a level he never reached) and he was our record buy at the time, being talked about as a new Shearer. Is it any wonder our fans deemed his 1 goal return in a season we got relegated as anything other than dolloping? Lost Beattie in the deal too.

Kevin f*%£ing Davies. Please. One of the worst deals we ever did. Still angry about it!!

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 4

I see Charlie Adam is available.

Could do worse than bringing him in on loan to play as one of the two behind our front four.His passing is quite good and would help in getting the ball to our more creative players like Dack.

Would prefer someone younger and permanent but think that ship has sailed to be honest if we are to bring Any one in on a loan to buy deal (I have my doubts that we will) then I think it will be a striker

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm sorry but Kevin Davies WAS a dolloper at Rovers, relative to price and expectation. We wouldn't have had to sell him back for a fraction of the price, only for him to be released by Southampton a further 4 years down the line, otherwise. Simply because he eventually went on to be a good player at a middling Prem team that suited him, several seasons after he played for us, does not rewrite history.

We were trying to get back in the elite at the time (a level he never reached) and he was our record buy at the time, being talked about as a new Shearer. Is it any wonder our fans deemed his 1 goal return in a season we got relegated as anything other than dolloping? Lost Beattie in the deal too.

Kevin f*%£ing Davies. Please. One of the worst deals we ever did. Still angry about it

Blame Jack Walker. Hodgson wanted to sign proven experience.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

I see Charlie Adam is available.

Could do worse than bringing him in on loan to play as one of the two behind our front four.His passing is quite good and would help in getting the ball to our more creative players like Dack.

Would prefer someone younger and permanent but think that ship has sailed to be honest if we are to bring Any one in on a loan to buy deal (I have my doubts that we will) then I think it will be a striker

Even in a holding role Adam doesn't have the legs for the championship anymore. He'd get run all over the shop. Presume he'll end up back in Scotland. Hope we bring a forward in before the weekend definitely, take some pressure off DG.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bepeja43 said:

2 hours ago, Bepeja43 said:

Blame Jack Walker. Hodgson wanted to sign proven experience.

Please stop spouting rubbish.

Thought it was bad enough the other day when you said the first half against Millwall was the worst you've ever seen us. ?

Hodgson at the time..  'There are too many riders on the funds to spend to make it interesting'

At the time, these were cryptic words. It is now known JW preferred young talent that would have a resale value. This ruled out players over 25 years old it is believed. RH wanted well known established internationals.