BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I'm sorry but Kevin Davies WAS a dolloper at Rovers, relative to price and expectation. We wouldn't have had to sell him back for a fraction of the price, only for him to be released by Southampton a further 4 years down the line, otherwise. Simply because he eventually went on to be a good player at a middling Prem team that suited him, several seasons after he played for us, does not rewrite history.

We were trying to get back in the elite at the time (a level he never reached) and he was our record buy at the time, being talked about as a new Shearer. Is it any wonder our fans deemed his 1 goal return in a season we got relegated as anything other than dolloping? Lost Beattie in the deal too.

Kevin f*%£ing Davies. Please. One of the worst deals we ever did. Still angry about it!!

Kevin Davies was a bad example but his point still stands. Kalinic might be a better example

8 hours ago, West Yorks Rover said:

I don't really know what to think, I haven't seen enough of him in the flesh, some have said he isn't great in the air for a big guy. but he did

score a brilliant header for Brum in one of the last games of the season and he seems to be a pretty quick once he gets in his stride.

If you're looking for a Graham  replacement,  which we need badly, we need to be looking for a player who is comfortable playing with his back to goal. Gallagher isn't that player. He's like Armstrong in that he likes to run onto the ball. For a really big guy he's not a particularly physical player and he lacks the ability to win contested headers. He may be ok heading the ball in isolation but how good is he with a big stump of a centre half climbing all over him. Surely if we have some serious money there are players out there more suited to our needs. Is there nobody on the scouting team with a passport ? We've signed a quick lightweight striker in Armstrong, why do we need another one in Gallagher ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

I think it’s fair to say that the permenant window went with a whimper. Although I have to say that I thought Rothwell did great when he came on and baring in mind the potential of Davenport who was very well thought of at City we MAY live to regret being so down about the window so far..

However, where I do think many are getting it completely wrong is with the loan market. I can see why because historically we were in the elite and loans very rarely pay dividends at that level. But for Blackburn Rovers 2018 in the 2nd tier with a finite budget the loan window represents the absolute best chance we have of getting the best quality. Not only that, but the ones who work out, you can usually buy (if you can afford them) but if you can’t afford them then you’ve done bloody great to have them in your team for a period of time. A ‘try before you buy’ option. 

Also, once the permenant window has gone reality sets in. Mark Hughes may have believed Gally was worth £7m until last Thursday but now he’s got a player on his books he doesn’t want and the player doesn’t want to be there. It’s time to cut their losses...not saying we are in for him but that situation will be a stark reality across the country at the minute. Including the likes of Brereton, Chapman and Maddison...the balance tips towards us.

I’ll reserve judgement and it will take some pretty amazing business to recover from a frustrating window. But let’s see..

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

Surely it’s either Chapman, Gallagher or Breton?

The Gallagher speculation was fan driven- not been in the press since July and there have been no indications at all that the £24k per week wage or loan fee have been addressed. Makes Gallagher a very long shot based on what is known. 

On the basis, QPR killed any move for Freeman and Charlton for Bauer, the list is narrowed down to one of those two and a move which was kept very quiet. 

I have no reason to think that when four or five potential incomings were mentioned a week ago, we were being lied to. Nor frankly as far as I can tell has anybody on here any grounds to claim Waggott/Mowbray personally were lying.  So that means there are certainly one or two moves made by Rovers last week which remain outside the public domain.  

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

The Gallagher speculation was fan driven- not been in the press since July and there have been no indications at all that the £24k per week wage or loan fee have been addressed. Makes Gallagher a very long shot based on what is known. 

On the basis, QPR killed any move for Freeman and Charlton for Bauer, the list is narrowed down to one of those two and a move which was kept very quiet. 

I have no reason to think that when four or five potential incomings were mentioned a week ago, we were being lied to. Nor frankly as far as I can tell has anybody on here any grounds to claim Waggott/Mowbray personally were lying.  So that means there are certainly one or two moves made by Rovers last week which remain outside the public domain.  

Mowbray is still mentioning wanting 4 players more in today. Says he it might not be 4, but that's what he wants to create competition.

Pretty sure Gallagher is one of the loan targets. Rich Sharpe has indicated several time that he is one list. 

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So here we go again, its the hope that kills ya

Maddison, Chapman, Gallagher and Bauer all in on loan to buy deals in the next fortnight. Ye heard it here 1st. #ITK #Aye 

If that came true and they were all 'to buy' - I would completely forgive the permanent window shenanigans.

7 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Micah Richards and Charlie Adam - two signings I would be tempted to avoid. Firstly they are at the wrong age completely and secondly, their wages would be quite huge (unjustifiably so).

Richards hasn't kicked a ball in 3 years, I would get him on trial and in with the under 23s before offering any deal. 

Adam would be a great option to have, an upgrade on we have with regards to deep lying play makers. Well out of our price range though