BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

I think Southgate is a very lucky man indeed. First off in getting the job in special circumstances following the Allardyce debacle when normally he wouldn't have got close to the England job, then because there was an obvious lack of proven English alternatives that would be accepted by the media and fans, and then because of how things unfolded at the World Cup in terms of a good draw he is now rumoured to be getting a new long term contract and being hailed as brilliant. We beat Tunisia, Panama and Sweden, lost to Belgium and Croatia and scraped past Colombia on penalties yet he's hailed as a messiah by some whilst Allardyce has, in my opinion, achieved far more in his club jobs, as has Hodgson, yet they get all the negative press. As far as I'm concerned the jobs Allardyce did at Bolton, Rovers, West Ham, Sunderland, Palace and Everton and the jobs Hodgson has done at Fulham, WBA and Palace vastly outweigh leading England to the SF of a World Cup.

• Like 6

Part of me thinks it's almost a certainty that the loans are going to be Chapman and Gallagher.

However, the two bids on transfer deadline day make me think TM has more irons in the fire than we give him credit for. Here's hoping.

Saying that Chapman and Gallagher would be worth signing ideally with a perm option so we can test them out again first. They both have obvious talent and are young and a try before you buy option is no bad thing.

I don't think there will be many deals that can be structured as a loan with an option to make it permanent in January if we fancy it. It is likely to either be a straight loan until January or a loan with an agreement to make permanent set in stone now.

The loaning clubs will either want a permanent deal/sale to be guaranteed or will want to leave it as a loan, see how the player goes on and then make a decision down the line.

Letting a player out on loan and then giving us an option to buy but not committing to buy is too heavily stacked in favour of the club receiving the player.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, miqaayil said:

common odegaard would be a great signing, can play through both wings, cut inside ....i would welcome with both arms. common TM push for this guy

Didn't say I wouldn't. Just saying he's probably not on our radar. Doesn't have pace to burn but is still an exciting prospect despite a couple of uneventful seasons on loan in the Dutch Eredivise.

3 hours ago, AAK said:

Same, he was class.

97/98

Henchoz - success
Dahlin - Failed (was looked upon as a good signing though, injuries ruined this one)
Fila - success I would say
Corbett - failed
Valery - failed
Anders Anderson - failed
Tore Pedersen - failed
Fettis - failed

oversaw departures of - Le Saux, Berg, Pearce, Given, Coleman, Bohinen, Warhurst, Donis

98/99

Davies - failed
Dailly - failed
Ward - failes
Perez - success of sorts had problems settling
Konde - failed
Peacock - failed

oversaw departures of - Hendry, Ripley, Beattie

Probably fair to say his record in the transfer window at Rovers was pretty disastrous.

God that reads as awful. In hindsight he was a really terrible manager for us even with the European finish

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why are people discussing Roy Hodgson time at Rovers and England plus Allardyce time here and Southgate England in the the Loan Window thread?.

Some of us want to read posts about the thread title not about Hodgson time here which was 20 years ago. 

We're waiting for something to happen regarding the thread title.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We aren't in a position to develop players, especially other clubs players. We need somebody who will come in and hit the ground running.

That's why I hoping we get 2 or 3 players in on loan to buy in January but depends on who the players are. 

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We're waiting for something to happen regarding the thread title.

You seen the LT article this morning I posted. 

Maybe suggest some potential Loan targets. But no reason to start discussing Hodgson time here which was 20 years ago. Yes 20 years. Why not set up a different thread to discussing Hodgson time here instead of posting in this thread?

Edited by chaddyrovers

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why are people discussing Roy Hodgson time at Rovers and England plus Allardyce time here and Southgate England in the the Loan Window thread?.

Some of us want to read posts about the thread title not about Hodgson time here which was 20 years ago. 

Some of us want to read 'proper' and 'factual' transfer stories and links, and not absolute tripe from @ReluctantNicko but hey oh

Edited by AAK
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's why I hoping we get 2 or 3 players in on loan to buy in January but depends on who the players are. 

You seen the LT article this morning I posted. 

Maybe suggest some potential Loan targets. But no reason to start discussing Hodgson time here which was 20 years ago. Yes 20 years. Why not set up a different thread to discussing Hodgson time here instead of posting in this thread?

You tell em Chaddy 

• Like 1

Sometimes topics move away from the thread title, so what? If anything happens transfer wise the thread and it’s contributors will be all over it.

I enjoyed a trip down memory lane, made a dull thread a bit interesting on a Tuesday afternoon.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So, who are we signing this week?

A-Chapman

B-Maddison

C-Gallagher

D- Brereton

E-Someone who hasn't been mentioned

F-No one 

Cast your votes Gents. I am going with B, Maddison 

Ask Chaddy, he will logon to twitter, ask Nicko, get a reply, post it on here as factual, give his opinion on the signing that hasn't happened and then say he never wanted him when he signs for another club.

Edited by AAK

6 minutes ago, gumboots said:

So Chaddys telling us again what we can and can't discuss. We'd all love to be discussing incomings but they're not happening yet. I just glanced at the Hodgson stuff and didn't bother reading it. Easy

No I'm interesting in reading about posts about the thread title not talking about a manager who was here 20 years ago. yes 20 years ago. 

Sorry Gumboots but I want to look at threads to discuss the topic not have to read pointless and not related stuff to thread topic. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Sometimes topics move away from the thread title, so what? If anything happens transfer wise the thread and it’s contributors will be all over it.

I enjoyed a trip down memory lane, made a dull thread a bit interesting on a Tuesday afternoon.

I thought it make a Tuesday Afternoon very boring and pointless talking about a manager who was here 20 years ago. What next? talk about Brian Kidd time here.