BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Well I can only apologise chaddy.

P.S. can you sort them out on the Kasey Palmer thread while you’re at it, they are not discussing the Chelsea loanee, which is a strict violation to the very clear thread title!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Sometimes topics move away from the thread title, so what? If anything happens transfer wise the thread and it’s contributors will be all over it.

I enjoyed a trip down memory lane, made a dull thread a bit interesting on a Tuesday afternoon.

It soon got back on topic as most do but that's not enough for the snowflakes who prefer to point score about which journo said what about who and which anonymous twitter account is ITK allegedly.

Boring the rest of us and derailing the thread themselves in the process ?

• Backroom
30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and you could try easy say you don't have post the Hodgson stuff in a thread that has nothing to do with the thread title

That's how conversations work. It's a transfer/loan thread, so discussion about merits of previous transfer windows is hardly off topic.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I'm interesting in reading about posts about the thread title not talking about a manager who was here 20 years ago. yes 20 years ago. 

Sorry Gumboots but I want to look at threads to discuss the topic not have to read pointless and not related stuff to thread topic. 

Not having a go Chaddy, but I'd rather read a bit of a digression of topic (as long as it doesn't go on forever) than have the same people saying the same things about the same targets over and over and over, and having the same arguments, which is what happens most days.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mike E said:

That's how conversations work. It's a transfer/loan thread, so discussion about merits of previous transfer windows is hardly off topic.

Previous transfer windows? Its was 20 years ago. We didnt have transfer windows in English football back then

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's why I hoping we get 2 or 3 players in on loan to buy in January but depends on who the players are. 

You seen the LT article this morning I posted. 

Maybe suggest some potential Loan targets. But no reason to start discussing Hodgson time here which was 20 years ago. Yes 20 years. Why not set up a different thread to discussing Hodgson time here instead of posting in this thread?

Dont tell me what to do young man! Is this your board? Ideas above your station fella.

Why are people discussing Roy Hodgson time at Rovers and England plus Allardyce time here and Southgate England in the the Loan Window thread?.

Some of us want to read posts about the thread title not about Hodgson time here which was 20 years ago. 

" Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it ".

• Like 1

Hope we loan some more of the fringe players out so they can come back and benefit the club one way or another in the future.

About 20 years ago, Roy Hodgson loaned a young Damien Johnson out to Nottingham Forest  and he returned a more experienced player, starting over 40 times for Rovers and returning as Professinal Development Lead Coach with much success.

That was much better loan deal for Rovers than a year later when, during the 10 month long loan window, Hodgson brought in experienced Italian midfielder Dario Marcolin.

Even Roy's loans in were poor. I hope whoever we bring in on loan has more of an impact than Super Dario!!!

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Madon said:

Looks like Chapman will be starting for Boro tonight according to Pulis.

Screenshot_20180814-181532_Chrome.jpg

That one doesn’t seem imminent then, can see him getting injured again sadly 

No I'm interesting in reading about posts about the thread title not talking about a manager who was here 20 years ago. yes 20 years ago. 

Sorry Gumboots but I want to look at threads to discuss the topic not have to read pointless and not related stuff to thread topic. 

I thought it make a Tuesday Afternoon very boring and pointless talking about a manager who was here 20 years ago. What next? talk about Brian Kidd time here

If you insist.  A prime example of a great coach who just never had it in him to be a manager.  Signed Ashley Ward and stuck with him when most weren't even convinced he was a footballer, let alone a Premier League striker.  Was probably too honest - can't imagine the 'rubber dinghy men' comment did a whole lot for morale.  At the time of his appointment seemed a good decision; hindsight now says not.

I thought it make a Tuesday Afternoon very boring and pointless talking about a manager who was here 20 years ago. What next? talk about Brian Kidd time here. 

I thought Brian Kidd would be a revelation at rovers. Made some good signings. Who remembers matty jansen. They were the days. 

Edited by Oldgregg86