BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC71 said:

If you insist.  A prime example of a great coach who just never had it in him to be a manager.  Signed Ashley Ward and stuck with him when most weren't even convinced he was a footballer, let alone a Premier League striker.  Was probably too honest - can't imagine the 'rubber dinghy men' comment did a whole lot for morale.  At the time of his appointment seemed a good decision; hindsight now says not.

His appointment was jack walkers choice. Showed that for all his passion and good intent, Jack really wasn't a knowledgeable football man. Made mistakes in the end interfering in things that should have been decisions made by football people. The most famous being the zidane Tim Sherwood thing.

I watched Sunday supplement funnily enough on Sunday and it was reported that Chelsea where offering Danny drinkwater out on loan for a fee of 14 million. 14 MILLION. You could have bought him for that with change not long ago. If that's a sign of what the loan market is really like today then this window could be more difficult than the one that's just closed

• Backroom

Brian Kidd is the perfect example of somebody destined to always be an assistant. By all accounts a very knowledgeable and hard working person to have as a member of the coaching team, but just doesn't have the type of personality to manage. At first I thought Bowyer was of a similar mould but he's done alright at Blackpool in fairness.

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Brian Kidd is the perfect example of somebody destined to always be an assistant. By all accounts a very knowledgeable and hard working person to have as a member of the coaching team, but just doesn't have the type of personality to manage. At first I thought Bowyer was of a similar mould but he's done alright at Blackpool in fairness.

He's quit

6 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Just think his setup and way he went about matches was tactically naive.

We registered 1 shot on target in open play per game. To me that shows amateur tactical knowledge

What if he registered 10 shots per game but we were well beaten by Colombia in the second round? Is that better? You can't have a go at someone on tactics of they got a generational best outcome using those tactics.

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I watched Sunday supplement funnily enough on Sunday and it was reported that Chelsea where offering Danny drinkwater out on loan for a fee of 14 million. 14 MILLION. You could have bought him for that with change not long ago. If that's a sign of what the loan market is really like today then this window could be more difficult than the one that's just closed

Not really. He cost 36 million on a four year contract when he moved to Chelsea. That amortised over his contract per annum/each year is 6.5million alone on transfer fees. Take into account he’s perhaps on 100k per week, 5.2million a year and that’s before the clubs NI, appearance fee, image rights, pension, signing on fee take are into account.

Before it is you get 11.7 million a year so factor the contributions in your not far off.

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Brereton doesn’t feature for forest !

Didn't even make the bench. Unless he had a knock, surely it has to be him we almost have over the line. Not really any other feasible explanation if there is no injury (or personal crisis I guess) involved.

Well, I suppose some other team could be close to signing him.

Rovers working on 3 deals

"Football is about a balance... how many soldiers, how many artists you have in your team."

#Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray feels he got the balance right in his side tonight.

#Rovers #bbclancssport #bbcfootball https://t.co/9ZxQQCg8Gn

The last minute or so is about transfers so.Ive posted the same link in 2 different threads and thats why.