BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

As I mentioned in a previous post, I think last night proved that we can play Armstrong up front on his own and don't necessarily need a 'Graham' type target man to get the best out of the team. Playing a smaller front man allows for a more fluid attacking style and relys on Armstrongs movement. I know it was only Carlisle but it did prove we have other options. Having said that, would still like to see a target man arrive! 

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers working on 3 deals

"Football is about a balance... how many soldiers, how many artists you have in your team."

#Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray feels he got the balance right in his side tonight.

#Rovers #bbclancssport #bbcfootball https://t.co/9ZxQQCg8Gn

The last minute or so is about transfers so.Ive posted the same link in 2 different threads and thats why. 

He does strike me as a really honest and as open as he can be guy.  He is definitely the right manager for our club, a really calming influence.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

As I mentioned in a previous post, I think last night proved that we can play Armstrong up front on his own and don't necessarily need a 'Graham' type target man to get the best out of the team. Playing a smaller front man allows for a more fluid attacking style and relys on Armstrongs movement. I know it was only Carlisle but it did prove we have other options. Having said that, would still like to see a target man arrive! 

Interesting thing about last night (and highlighted by Mowbray in his interview) was the way it forced us to play balls forward along the ground. With the calibre of Dack and Palmer and sharpness of Armstrong that actually worked to our strengths. 

It could be that Davenport (from what I have read about him) will add in this respect.

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

It could be that Davenport (from what I have read about him) will add in this respect.

Think we've been reading the same things, haha! I hope we haven't been mislead, but I'm expecting a tidy ball-player.

I'm really excited to see what he can contribute.

24 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Good point about playing with the little crafty lad up top on his own. But just like you, I'm really hoping for a battering ram to be added.

BLACKBURN- Brerton chase heating up, more later.

Nicko

Deffo something in this based on him missing the game for forest last night.

Ideal signing for us, 19 and already 50 games in the championship. A potential Graham replacement.

Edited by imy9
  • Like 1

Just now, imy9 said:

Nicko

Ideal signing for us, 19 and already 50 games in the championship. A potential Graham replacement.

That for me is one that if its with an obligation to buy, so its in essence a permanent signing, id be excited.

If it was just a loan id be very dissappointed.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Chapman off injured, again. Poor lad is simply too brittle by the looks of it, I wonder if that's why Mowbray didn't fancy him on a permanent. 

Scott Wilson (Northern Echo) reports today that Chapman's shoulder injury is not serious and hints that a number of clubs in Championship and League One are after him on loan.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That for me is one that if its with an obligation to buy, so its in essence a permanent signing, id be excited.

If it was just a loan id be very dissappointed.

Yeah but surely we would only be bringing him in if it was to be made permanent come Jan 1st can't see TM just bringing him in on a loan deal, well hope so anyway 

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

Yeah but surely we would only be bringing him in if it was to be made permanent come Jan 1st can't see TM just bringing him in on a loan deal, well hope so anyway 

When a few players have signed since the main window closed (Norwood, Power, Boltons new keeper are 3 examples) it specifically stated on the respective twitters that they were loan deals that will become permanent in Jan so I imagine if and when we sign players it will state. Agreed though, a simple loan would make no sense.

15 minutes ago, philipl said:

Extremely happy if we are chasing Brereton and Chapman and perfectly OK if they are loan only.

Football economics have gone bonkers so let's just enjoy good footballers playing for Rovers.

I can see what you mean tbh... Even if they were sold for profit it would be swallowed up by the debt the bastards have accrued. 

19 minutes ago, philipl said:

Extremely happy if we are chasing Brereton and Chapman and perfectly OK if they are loan only.

Football economics have gone bonkers so let's just enjoy good footballers playing for Rovers.

Wouldn't want to develop players for our rivals but the state of football is what it is. If we loan a Nmecha or a Harper from the PL, then I'm all for it, but when it's from a rival and without a view to buy then I'm a bit more skeptical. Older players with less potential resell value is a different matter though, although the modern game is totally bonkers and Mulgrew would probably fetch us a cool £75 million if his name was Carlo Mulagretto. ?

1 hour ago, imy9 said:

Nicko

I'd say this deal is moving fast as Nixon has moved quickly and posted a story on it, although he does say Forest want 12million for the lad. 12 million effing quid for a 20 year old that has only played 50 Championship games!!

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blackburn make £6million move for Nottingham Forest starlet Ben Brereton as Venkys look to invest https://t.co/VnvHLdTRBe

I've only watched clips of him online, but he looks to have a bit intensity in his game. A few yellow cards, proper pace, just (probably) needs to work on his finishing as his record last season wasn't the best. I'd say £6 million for 8 goals in 53 games striker is pushing it, but in Mowbray I trust.

Exciting times!

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

I've only watched clips of him online, but he looks to have a bit intensity in his game. A few yellow cards, proper pace, just (probably) needs to work on his finishing as his record last season wasn't the best. I'd say £6 million for 8 goals in 53 games striker is pushing it, but in Mowbray I trust.

Exciting times!

Only 19 pal. People were speaking about Gallagher like he's the finished article, he and Brereton are nowhere near. This would be a great group of players for those lads to develop in. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blackburn make £6million move for Nottingham Forest starlet Ben Brereton as Venkys look to invest https://t.co/VnvHLdTRBe

Here's the story in full below in case you don't want to give clicks the f*kin' S*n:

Cluck's in

Blackburn make £6million move for Nottingham Forest starlet Ben Brereton as Venkys look to invest

Tony Mowbray wants highly-rated England u-20 hitman after Rovers owners make massive profits in their chicken business

BLACKBURN have made a remarkable £6million bid for Nottingham Forest striker Ben Brereton.

The England u-20 starlet has been left out of Forest’s opening two Championship matches by boss Aitor Karanka.

And Rovers chief Tony Mowbray hopes that will be enough to tempt Brereton, 19, to Ewood Park.

But Forest are understood to want £12m for the highly-rated hitman, who scored five league goals last season.

Mowbray has been given money to spend by owners Venkys, who are willing to make their biggest investment in a player since they bought Jordan Rhodes five years ago.

The Indians have produced cash for Brereton, with sources revealing they are finally ready to splash the cash after massive recent profits in their chicken business.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neal said:

Only 19 pal. People were speaking about Gallagher like he's the finished article, he and Brereton are nowhere near. This would be a great group of players for those lads to develop in. 

And a great manager who knows what he's after!

• Like 1