BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You are tying yourself up in knots :D

We don't know what they are demanding, but it must be more than 4-5 million. Even if it's 3 or 4 million more, that is considerable. Double in fact 

Yes, but if they are demanding 3 or 4 million more than what we have offered then a permanent deal will not be on the cards. If they are asking for at least 9 million then we would be silly bidding 5 million on deadline day for him, unless we expected them to agree to let him go for half their valuation.

You said it would be exciting, would you be as excited if we were borrowing him to give him game time until January before he disappeared again and we had to replace him?

A Forest fan reckoned that he isn't up to match fitness yet and that is why he wasn't in their squad last night, he played in the U19 Championships in Finland over the summer so hasn't had the same pre-season as the others.

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes, but if they are demanding 3 or 4 million more than what we have offered then a permanent deal will not be on the cards. If they are asking for at least 9 million then we would be silly bidding 5 million on deadline day for him, unless we expected them to agree to let him go for half their valuation.

You said it would be exciting, would you be as excited if we were borrowing him to give him game time until January before he disappeared again and we had to replace him?

A Forest fan reckoned that he isn't up to match fitness yet and that is why he wasn't in their squad last night, he played in the U19 Championships in Finland over the summer so hasn't had the same pre-season as the others.

I presume we must sense that there is a possibility we meet somewhere on the fee. If their manager doesn't fancy him and the lad wants to play, I am sure that there is a sweet spot where we could meet. It just depends on if that sweet spot is closer to 5 million or 12 million. It may be 7 million, which is a fair whack. 

No, I wouldn't be excited unless its a loan to buy. Whatever about developing players from the Premier league, I don't want us doing it for rivals. 

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I presume we must sense that there is a possibility we meet somewhere on the fee. If their manager doesn't fancy him and the lad wants to play, I am sure that there is a sweet spot where we could meet. It just depends on if that sweet spot is closer to 5 million or 12 million. It may be 7 million, which is a fair whack. 

No, I wouldn't be excited unless its a loan to buy. Whatever about developing players from the Premier league, I don't want us doing it for rivals. 

At 7 million I'd much sooner go and get someone like Gallagher who I'm certain Southampton would let go for less than £5 million plus someone like Maddison for a couple of million.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Pedro said:

In this crazy, over-inflated market, Dack must be worth £20m plus and Jason Lowe up to two sets of bibs.

Lowe to Dack. If ever 3 words summed up how things have changed under Mowbray.  Since we signed Dacka and Lowe left, we have probably saved money, even factoring in Dacks fee. What Mowbray has done here so far is really, really impressive.

I am getting a bit thoughtful here. I do like your gag :) 

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

At 7 million I'd much sooner go and get someone like Gallagher who I'm certain Southampton would let go for less than £5 million plus someone like Maddison for a couple of million.

Ya, its up for debate if we should go to 7 million on this lad. Have to trust Mowbray though after his dealings so far. Even when we spent 9 on Rhodes, he had a stellar goal scoring record. Brearton is a real "potential buy". 

Loan with option to buy would probably be the best bet 

40 minutes ago, philipl said:

I think it would be a mistake to assume Forest are a rational actor in the way us Rovers fans are thinking.

They have spent a fortune this summer, wages are presumably enormous so this is a promotion or bust approach. Is there a place for a promising 19 year old in such a scenario? Apparently not. Why wouldn't he even get into a completely reserve XI League Cup squad last night?

Remember the report they appointed an agent to get rid of Brereton a day before the deadline?

The evidence is pointing to there being something in this Brereton move.

More likely that they will want a high sell on clause!

IF it was a case of Gallagher or Brereton, as a player I'd rather it be Brereton. If both are just loans with no options to buy though, i'd much rather Gallagher. Think it'd knock me sick seeing him go back to Nottingham Forest if his loan was a success.

44 minutes ago, philipl said:

I think it would be a mistake to assume Forest are a rational actor in the way us Rovers fans are thinking.

They have spent a fortune this summer, wages are presumably enormous so this is a promotion or bust approach. Is there a place for a promising 19 year old in such a scenario? Apparently not. Why wouldn't he even get into a completely reserve XI League Cup squad last night?

Remember the report they appointed an agent to get rid of Brereton a day before the deadline?

The evidence is pointing to there being something in this Brereton move.

Very true. 6 million for a guy who won't feature probably makes a lot of sense to them 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Are you critiscing the fact we are going for this guy? A highly rated youngster who was linked with united and Liverpool not so long ago. He sounds like a great option to me. 

No! Can you read? Are you always looking for a row?

3 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

IF it was a case of Gallagher or Brereton, as a player I'd rather it be Brereton. If both are just loans with no options to buy though, i'd much rather Gallagher. Think it'd knock me sick seeing him go back to Nottingham Forest if his loan was a success.

Karanka and the media-fuelled Forest love in has already reached nauseating levels this season and we're only 2 games in. Only Leeds and the Lampard obsession at Derby can compete with it. I wouldn't trust Karanka in the slightest after his conduct during the Rhodes pursuit when he was at Middlesbrough. Whatever dealings we have to have with him I'd sooner were all done and dusted as quickly and smoothly as possible.

They seem to think they're something special and no doubt believe that other clubs should gratefully accept their fringe players for a few months of game time but I don't. They are a rival so having to borrow one of their players who isn't in their immediate plans and then see him go back to them in a few months to his and their advantage is not what I want to see.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Igloo5090 said:

I assume he’s criticising the fact they’ve slapped  12M price tag on him and don’t deem him good enough to play for them.

Don't worry! 2 posts on and he likes a post that says the same thing as I did! Completely loopy!

50 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Forest load the fee because they know we need a striker and know that we are running out of time and options in this window. 

Thank you! Seems perfectly understandable to me but you get all kinds on here!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

Don't worry! 2 posts on and he likes a post that says the same thing as I did! Completely loopy!

I asked you a simple question and you are getting all worked up into a huff. 

I just found the comment "that this is happens when you run out of time and options" to be a strange one

Currently we are linked with an exciting player, we don't know what the deal will be. I don't see how we have run out of time or options to be honest. It seems Mowbray thinks this guy is our best option. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

The fact that Aitor Karanka doesn't have Brereton around the first team picture, doesn't concern me too much. He has a set style of play, and wants all his players to fit into that style. I imagine being a bigger more physical player means BB doesn't really fit into that style, as much as a Lewis Grabban does. Similarly to how Rhodes was of no use to him at Middlesboro. Obviously Tony has identified a skill-set that will fit into our current structure.

5 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Is he going to play ahead of Graham/Dack if they are fit? 

He won't start ahead of Dack, but I think Grahams starting position is there to be taken, whether Brearton(if he signs) or Armstrong steps up remains to be seen. Graham may hold onto it either, but not for much longer. 

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I asked you a simple question and you are getting all worked up into a huff. 

I just found the comment "that this is happens when you run out of time and options" to be a strange one

Currently we are linked with an exciting player, we don't know what the deal will be. I don't see how we have run out of time or options to be honest. It seems Mowbray thinks this guy is our best option. 

You are aware that the loan window ends on 31 August aren't you? I'm sure Forest are!

What does it matter what Mowbray thinks of the player if the club want 12M? Crazy!

I agree with Mowbray and Rovers---6M.