BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Heard about Brereton about 2 years ago. Liverpool were linked with him for around 15 million pounds not long ago

Linked means nothing though. 

It was a story the day after he played very well vs Arsenal, playing vs Mertersacker (one of the slowest players around).

It wasn't mentioned again.

I'm not knocking the kid, but there's no evidence that Liverpool really where interested.

Personally for 6m I think we could look at more proven options.

Edited by Baz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dallydally said:

Bit worrying. We simply can't compete with Liverpool

We don't have.  Those links are from 2017 when he burst onto the scene as 17 year old. Since then he has obviously played a lot of games but maybe not reached the heights promised. Probably the only reason we have some chance to pull it off. 

Could well be easier to reach his potential with less pressure the being a prodigy from the youth ranks. 

4 minutes ago, briansol said:

We don't have.  Those links are from 2017 when he burst onto the scene as 17 year old. Since then he has obviously played a lot of games but maybe not reached the heights promised. Probably the only reason we have some chance to pull it off. 

Could well be easier to reach his potential with less pressure the being a prodigy from the youth ranks. 

Surely the pressure of a fee northwards of 6m would be more pressure still.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Surely the pressure of a fee northwards of 6m would be more pressure still.

No doubt there will pressure. But he wouldn't be the 15 mill player wanted by Liverpool anymore.  He would be the guy who took a sideways step in the Championship and started fresh. Wouldn't be expected to carry the team like Kevin Davies did when he came. Graham and Armstrong would share the responsibility and I can see Mowbray easing him into the team. Might be a good platform at Rovers with a young British squad, rather than the Wolves light thing happening at Forest.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would take Brereton over Gallagher. Brereton has great potential and thats the type of signing we should be making. I understand its a risk but a risk worth taking for me. 

I like Gallagher but his wages would put me off big time unless he willing to lower his wages. 

If We would have to pay big fees for either, I would chance most youngsters over Gallagher as we alreaky know he's ordinary at best in my view.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If We would have to pay big fees for either, I would chance most youngsters over Gallagher as we alreaky know he's ordinary at best in my view.

Gallagher doesn't excite me either, playing football that is.

1 hour ago, briansol said:

No doubt there will pressure. But he wouldn't be the 15 mill player wanted by Liverpool anymore.  He would be the guy who took a sideways step in the Championship and started fresh. Wouldn't be expected to carry the team like Kevin Davies did when he came. Graham and Armstrong would share the responsibility and I can see Mowbray easing him into the team. Might be a good platform at Rovers with a young British squad, rather than the Wolves light thing happening at Forest.

If we spend £6m on one player, I'd rather have someone who is ready to lead the team and be our best player from the go. 

• Like 1

Lads, jeez!! We haven’t signed anyone with a view to owt!! IF and it’s a big IF TM signs Brereton for £6m then how’s about we just trust his judgement? Bearing in mind not a single person on here has even seen the lad play and, more importantly they’re not spending your money anyway!! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Lads, jeez!! We haven’t signed anyone with a view to owt!! IF and it’s a big IF TM signs Brereton for £6m then how’s about we just trust his judgement? Bearing in mind not a single person on here has even seen the lad play and, more importantly they’re not spending your money anyway!! 

I hate comments like this because if we are just blindly trusting his judgement without being able to cast opinion beforehand, whats the point of a messageboard?

It implies that people have no trust in faith in Mowbray at all, which is totally unfair. The vast majority if not everyone does.

People are having hypothetical conversations about a potential signing, the kind of deal he may join on, the fee and whether its a wise investment or if alternatives should be considered, and the role he will play if he signs, both positionally and in terms of game time. And what he would add, and what he wouldnt add.

Feels like theres been more meaningless platitudes thrown at people this summer than ever, such as "trust his judgement" "have faith" and "stop being negative" and all it does is shuts down any healthy debate. Football is about opinions, not every thing will be a positive, and people shouldnt be castigated with worthless cliches just for raising what they consider to be constructive points.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 8

16 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

F&ck off. 

Sorry the mention of his name ? Possibly the most appalling c*nt, on the playing staff side of things, since Venkys slithered into town. 

Looks like we missed out on that opportunity. 

Bradley James Orr (born 1 November 1982) is an English retired footballer. He is the uncle of Liverpooldefender Jon Flanagan.

The "on our way back" song will need modifying if we sign this kid. "We had no money so we signed some players on loan!" just wouldn't be true anymore. :lol: Maybe it would have to be "We're F'ing minted, so we spent 6 mill on an unknown!" 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I hate comments like this because if we are just blindly trusting his judgement without being able to cast opinion beforehand, whats the point of a messageboard?

It implies that people have no trust in faith in Mowbray at all, which is totally unfair. The vast majority if not everyone does.

People are having hypothetical conversations about a potential signing, the kind of deal he may join on, the fee and whether its a wise investment or if alternatives should be considered, and the role he will play if he signs, both positionally and in terms of game time. And what he would add, and what he wouldnt add.

Feels like theres been more meaningless platitudes thrown at people this summer than ever, such as "trust his judgement" "have faith" and "stop being negative" and all it does is shuts down any healthy debate. Football is about opinions, not every thing will be a positive, and people shouldnt be castigated with worthless cliches just for raising what they consider to be constructive points.

I agree, why have this message board at all if we're all expected to slavishly follow the party line ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Butty said:

The "on our way back" song will need modifying if we sign this kid. "We had no money so we signed some players on loan!" just wouldn't be true anymore. :lol: Maybe it would have to be "We're F'ing minted, so we spent 6 mill on an unknown!" 

How about “We’ve got some money but we must have switched of our phone”? Since it’s getting to Thursday and there’s none of the “3” mentioned last night any nearer...

• Like 1