BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I we sign a player for £6 million in our circumstances he would have to be the first name on the team sheet every week and a player who was actually better than Dack, Mulgrew, Armstrong or Lenihan, not potentially better.

Indeed £6 million is a lot of money for this club to spend on potential. Forest paid around the same amount for Grabban who scored 20 Championship goal last season & Leeds only paid a million more for Bamford.

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I hate comments like this because if we are just blindly trusting his judgement without being able to cast opinion beforehand, whats the point of a messageboard?

It implies that people have no trust in faith in Mowbray at all, which is totally unfair. The vast majority if not everyone does.

People are having hypothetical conversations about a potential signing, the kind of deal he may join on, the fee and whether its a wise investment or if alternatives should be considered, and the role he will play if he signs, both positionally and in terms of game time. And what he would add, and what he wouldnt add.

Feels like theres been more meaningless platitudes thrown at people this summer than ever, such as "trust his judgement" "have faith" and "stop being negative" and all it does is shuts down any healthy debate. Football is about opinions, not every thing will be a positive, and people shouldnt be castigated with worthless cliches just for raising what they consider to be constructive points.

Very well put, sir

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If we sign a player for £6 million in our circumstances he would have to be the first name on the team sheet every week and a player who was actually better than Dack, Mulgrew, Armstrong or Lenihan, not potentially better.

To get a better player than Dack we would have to pay at least double that tbh

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Igloo5090 said:

Big fee, but trust in Mowbray. I’ve heard about brereton a lot from my friends, never personally seen him play, but he’s gonna be next level in my opinion. Don’t have any facts to back that up however.

Also I think 5-6 million is the going fee for young, English players who have played for England at youth level and is relatively experienced in the championship. 

Jason Lowe? :o

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I hate comments like this because if we are just blindly trusting his judgement without being able to cast opinion beforehand, whats the point of a messageboard?

It implies that people have no trust in faith in Mowbray at all, which is totally unfair. The vast majority if not everyone does.

People are having hypothetical conversations about a potential signing, the kind of deal he may join on, the fee and whether its a wise investment or if alternatives should be considered, and the role he will play if he signs, both positionally and in terms of game time. And what he would add, and what he wouldnt add.

Feels like theres been more meaningless platitudes thrown at people this summer than ever, such as "trust his judgement" "have faith" and "stop being negative" and all it does is shuts down any healthy debate. Football is about opinions, not every thing will be a positive, and people shouldnt be castigated with worthless cliches just for raising what they consider to be constructive points.

Also Venkys tend to be at one extreme or another, If they pay up big-time for a player and he doesn't justify the fee then they will likely freeze the funding and go back to loans and freebies.

Mowbray will know he has to be careful, he can't take their support for granted, they are nothing if not erratic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

One of my main concerns is in terms of the actual role that he plays. 

His main attributes are his pace and his ability to run in behind. He has also played from a wide position. Very similar attributes to Armstrong. Last season he gave Arsenal a torrid time running in behind. But im not convinced its within his armoury to play effectively with his back to goal.

We cant really just have Graham who cannot usually last full games as an option to hold the ball up.

If it was a permanent deal the signing would be one greeted with cautious optimism as he would definitely add to our attack but it is a lot of money for a player who might not start every week.

Mowbray last night post match talk about playing ways/styles with different types of strikers. I agree we have to find a way of playing without Graham. He aint going to be around much longer. 

Brereton is potential a very good player and investment we should be making. Him using his pace and ability to run in behind defence would cause problems for other teams defences. Look at those 2 chances Graham had last week. Even Graham could out pace Millwall defence

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Lads, jeez!! We haven’t signed anyone with a view to owt!! IF and it’s a big IF TM signs Brereton for £6m then how’s about we just trust his judgement? Bearing in mind not a single person on here has even seen the lad play and, more importantly they’re not spending your money anyway!! 

Dreadful post. It's an MB where people offer opinion, however ill-informed. And I've seen him play. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ben Brereton on Youtube. Shows Skills, goals, pace and good touch. And before people jump on by saying anyone can look good this was down my site called scouting football. Over 18k followers on Youtube. 

https://youtu.be/Z0Z7ctj5s6Y

I do not understand what you are trying to say regarding the video, are you saying because it is on a youtube channel with 18k subscribers it makes the show reel better than other show reels on different youtube channels?? If that is your argument it does not alter the fact anyone can look good on a show reel :)

For balance the scouting football twitter page has 113 followers .

• Like 6

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ben Brereton on Youtube. Shows Skills, goals, pace and good touch. And before people jump on by saying anyone can look good this was down my site called scouting football. Over 18k followers on Youtube. 

Looks fantastic.

15 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Antony Pilkington is available on loan from Cardiff. He's fit and would probably relish the opportunity of returning to his roots.

Just bought a house in Bolton. But more than likely going to Wigan. ??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

A bit defensive there, Chaddy. It's a highlights reel. They aren't going to include the times he fell over his own feet. 

5 hours ago, ewoodnews said:

Working on deals

Sam Gallagher is still a chance on loan just have to wait and see

Lad from Forrest is able to come on loan just wanting to agree price.

No other news but will be speaking to people on Thursday.

A loan price or a price to buy him at the end of the loan?

5 hours ago, ewoodnews said:

Working on deals

Sam Gallagher is still a chance on loan just have to wait and see

Lad from Forrest is able to come on loan just wanting to agree price.

No other news but will be speaking to people on Thursday.

Hmm.. just because it is posted in the middle of the night, doesn't necessarily make it more likely, plausible or fact based though... ;)