BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Just now, OnePhilT said:

OK, so while he's on loan in the meantime, breaks his leg, turns out to be crap, or hell, manager gets sacked or leaves, then we still have to buy him at £6m in January... It seems like a bad idea to me!

Yes because he is effectively our player. I give up now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

OK, so while he's on loan in the meantime, breaks his leg, turns out to be crap, or hell, manager gets sacked or leaves, then we still have to buy him at £6m in January... It seems like a bad idea to me!

Essentially, it's the same as us signing him on a permanent before the window closed. All the risks are the same.

Obversely, he could not get injured , score 15 goals and Mowbray could win manager of the month 4 times :) then everyone will be saying what a bargain come January 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, OnePhilT said:

3 points really

1 - Dont think of it as a loan, becasue it isnt really. Its a permanent signing

2 - They are the selling club and dont appear desperate. They more than likely wont agree to a loan with an option

3 - If they did and he scores 20 goals for us and looks awesome, then they go thanks rovers and take him back and we stand there looking silly. Every transfer is a risk one way or another

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

3 points really

1 - Dont think of it as a loan, becasue it isnt really. Its a permanent signing

2 - They are the selling club and dont appear desperate. They more than likely wont agree to a loan with an option

3 - If they did and he scores 20 goals for us and looks awesome, then they go thanks rovers and take him back and we stand there looking silly. Every transfer is a risk one way or another

I would take looking silly if we sign someone on loan who scores 20 goals! 

35 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I know what is meant by man anyway, and I think you need to act like one. I'm not getting involved in these school girl fights you seem to get involved in from time to time. 

Lol. Brilliant.

You need to change your name to @bigdogstraw

55 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We made 3.5-4 million on Duffy. Signed him for 500,000 and sold him for either 4 or 4.5 million. Can't remember which. In hindsight it was a poor fee considering he is playing week in week out in the Premier league now and is Irelands 1st choice centre half. We should have received at least 10-12 million. Anyway, lets not rehash the situation around him leaving. 

I thought we signed him for over a million? but then again my memory is terrible, as has already been demonstrated today

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I think this "we've bid £6m for Brereton" is over-egged by The Sun and co. If there's any truth to it, it'll surely just be an option-to-buy fee after the loan is completed. Any buying club would be taking a huge risk to agree a permanent transfer now for it to only happen in January (what if the player breaks his leg in the meantime?). Unless there is some way that this would work that I can't think of.

It's surely no more or no less risky than any other permanent transfer completed during the permanent window. It works both ways as well, if either Club had the option to pull out of a deal at an agreed price, the buying Club could get screwed over if the player had a storming loan period and the selling Club decided to pull out.

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Taken from Rovers Twitter:

More from the manager: “We’re still working hard on bringing players in and I’m hopeful. We’ll try to get the best deals for the players who can help our club. We’ll try to get the work done and be stronger by the time the window shuts.” #Rovers

The 3 moving, can't be moving very fast!

Not much sign of the loan player we were more or less promised before the weekend. Looks like the loan window is moving with the same well oiled efficiency as our dealings during the permanent window. Get ready for us to make a last minute bid to loan someone with an option to purchase for 10m when it is too physically late to complete any deal on deadline day

incidentally it was very strange terminology used when Sharpe ran the story on Monday whereby TM "admitted" there'd be another signing before weekend. Almost as if it was being done against his better judgement. You'd usually save that sort of terminology for bad news I.e. TM "admitted" player X would have to be sold to balance the books etc.

Presumably just a slip of the pen by Sharpe. Doesn't appear to be happening anyway.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

If we'd signed him on dead line day and he broke his leg the next day in training, he would still be our player.  Agreed price is exactly the same.  As soon as the 'loan' element starts he is effectively our player and we are responsible.  We just pay more in 6 months.

Edit:  Oops should have scrolled down. Answered by Jacko

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not much sign of the loan player we were more or less promised before the weekend. Looks like the loan window is moving with the same well oiled efficiency as our dealings during the permanent window. Get ready for us to make a last minute bid to loan someone with an option to purchase for 10m when it is too physically late to complete any deal on deadline day

incidentally it was very strange terminology used when Sharpe ran the story on Monday whereby TM "admitted" there'd be another signing before weekend. Almost as if it was being done against his better judgement. You'd usually save that sort of terminology for bad news I.e. TM "admitted" player X would have to be sold to balance the books etc.

Presumably just a slip of the pen by Sharpe. Doesn't appear to be happening anyway.

He always writes 'Mowbray admitted such and such', not a one-off and it annoys me everytime. Makes it sound like he's coming clean to some crime or something

54 minutes ago, Igloo5090 said:

He always writes 'Mowbray admitted such and such', not a one-off and it annoys me everytime. Makes it sound like he's coming clean to some crime or something

Surely it's that Mowbray doesn't actually want to say anything and he has to prise info out of him. Mowbray isn't telling him; he's having to find the right question before Mowbray gives anything away