BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

1 hour ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

Just seen Patrck Roberts from Man City, has gone to Girona on a free... Could he have been the player Mowbray was sniffing around and missed out on, or has that one already been put to bed?

It's a season long loan: https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/first-team-news/2018/august/man-city-patrick-roberts-joins-girona-on-loan

1 hour ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

Just seen Patrck Roberts from Man City, has gone to Girona on a free... Could he have been the player Mowbray was sniffing around and missed out on, or has that one already been put to bed?

It’s all a big con that. City Group own loads of clubs and send players all over the place. Probably a work permit thing.

On 15/08/2018 at 16:09, Butty said:

If I have to see one more person talking about trusting Mowbray I may just top myself. I have not seen one Rovers fan say they don't trust Mowbray, he's our most liked manager in years. I was going to say since Big Sam but I'd say he's more liked than Sam was when he was here at the time, so he's our most liked manager since Sparky!! Anyway, my point is every decision every transfer, everything a player or manager does is open to debate, question and scrutiny it's why we have a forum, potentially spending 6 million pounds on an unproven player is a risky buy. It's not a case of not trusting TM's judgment it's just a fact! I hope we sign him and I hope he turns out too be the next Shearer but until then instead of saying "trust Mowbray" let fans say their bit and give their opinion, it's why I come on here. I like seeing and reading what other people have too say... Unless all they have too say is "Trust Mowbray FFS!!" ;) :lol: 

I would have to disagree, I din't remember any specifis post or whether it was actualy stated but there is a plethora if posts strongly suggesting a.lack if trust is there not.

I just don't understand why every comment has to be wound out to the extreme.  Some think this some think that and others think somewhere in between.  It's a MB full of varied OPINIONS.  Some just can't handle folks having different opinions, as if their opinion is the ONLY valid one.  

Tony Mowbary has, like most managers, had mixed results in the market. He has signed excellent, good, mediocre and poor players alike.  Plenty on here slagged him for blowing 750k on Dack.  Perhaps our best buy in a long time, be better if we can keeo him out of Pizza Hut.

Let's see if what he signs makes us a better team or not.  The end result last year, even with some wasteful market activity, worked out ok.

Edited by USABlue

I don't think anyone will point any fingers at TM if we don't get players in.  One would have to assume that Mr Waggott is the negotiator of these deals.  Buck stops with him if players aren't recruited.  Indeed, one  could point out that he has been the one mainly spouting off about how good our transfers will be.

23 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ben Brereton on Youtube. Shows Skills, goals, pace and good touch. And before people jump on by saying anyone can look good this was down my site called scouting football. Over 18k followers on Youtube. 

https://youtu.be/Z0Z7ctj5s6Y

Looks decent.  6.Million decent though.  Some nice close control, good first touches and  quickish turn of pace but in a 10 minute highlight clip how many hit the back of the net.

18 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Do you get your information from the club? I'm not expecting you to say where. It's just that most could work out Rovers have bids in and are waiting on answers.

Yer man told us that Armstrong was signing on the Thursday before it was announced on the Monday. He couldn't have been more certain. He must know someone at the club. Leave it at that I say - doubt he'll be able to elaborate.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Thank you! Was starting to think it was just me this was irritating. I've been tempted to message him on Twitter and ask him to stop. It really is terrible use of language for a professional writer. Incorrectly applied, usually, as well as unimaginative by virtue of repetition.

It’s awful for a professional reporter! He literally has one job 

• Like 3

With all due respect to those concerned  we heard all this sort of talk during the permanent window. We need players in in certain positions, it isn't curing cancer or  pioneering time travel it's signing two or three football players in positions we need.

We don't need to hear ad infinitum once again how difficult it is to bring players in, we just need to read that the players we need have signed on the dotted line.

That's only half the battle anyway, if we do bring players in There's no guarantee they'll be a success but That's a debate for another day.........hopefully.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Yer man told us that Armstrong was signing on the Thursday before it was announced on the Monday. He couldn't have been more certain. He must know someone at the club. Leave it at that I say - doubt he'll be able to elaborate.

Got the fee spot on too. 

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

With all due respect to those concerned  we heard all this sort of talk during the permanent window. We need players in in certain positions, it isn't curing cancer or  pioneering time travel it's signing two or three football players in positions we need.

We don't need to hear ad infinitum once again how difficult it is to bring players in, we just need to read that the players we need have signed on the dotted line.

Rev - probably your best bet is to ring the Telegraph and tell them to cease production until we've signed someone.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Rev - probably your best bet is to ring the Telegraph and tell them to cease production until we've signed someone.

Doubt they'd be able to survive until the end of January! ?

We seemingly weren't able to persuade Clubs to sell players to us during the permanent window and I can't really see the situation has changed much, I personally don't see the attraction for selling Clubs in letting us have the use of their players for several months before we buy them and they receive a fee but nevertheless we need to try and make something happen. We can't risk drawing another blank like we did in the permanent window, our survival could potentially depend on it.

This loan window idea is a farce. Loan players on 6 month deal and then pay a fee to make it permanent in January. Makes a mockery of the early permanent signing deadline.

And still the important deals are left until the last minute with the potential to ‘miss out due to timing’. Meanwhile the season is well under way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We seemingly weren't able to persuade Clubs to sell players to us during the permanent window and I can't really see the situation has changed much, I personally don't see the attraction for selling Clubs in letting us have the use of their players for several months before we buy them and they receive a fee but nevertheless we need to try and make something happen. We can't risk drawing another blank like we did in the permanent window, our survival could potentially depend on it.

The deal can be made into anything with a loan to buy. Thats possibly while its dragging out.

We could loan to buy brereton for 6 million paying it all in Jan after his loan

We could loan to buy paying a 3 million loan fee now and another 3 million in Jan after his loan

We could pay in installments over the length of his contract.

This is why only the rich get their business done early, as they just pay all up front more than likely. Teams like us want to spread it over many seasons and the selling club want it all up front.

Hence the drawn out negotiations until they find a common ground. Trouble is it usually takes the deadline to force people to a common ground.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I suspect we're gambling at present knowing we've got up to 2 weeks remaining to get some signings in so we're prepared to drag it out and wait in the hope that selling clubs reduce their demands and sanction loans with permanents for lower prices.

That's great if that's what ultimately happens but we might be left in a mess should it not come off and we're scurrying around in the last few days desperately trying to find reinforcements.

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I suspect we're gambling at present knowing we've got up to 2 weeks remaining to get some signings in so we're prepared to drag it out and wait in the hope that selling clubs reduce their demands and sanction loans with permanents for lower prices.

That's great if that's what ultimately happens but we might be left in a mess should it not come off and we're scurrying around in the last few days desperately trying to find reinforcements.

I think Mowbray has stated previously that every target has a set price that they're not going beyond. They don't want to be pushed around in negotiations, so that's why they've pulled out of the Bauer deal (for now) until Charlton come to their senses. Of course this tactic only works if we avoid standing empty-handed post deadline day...

Us fans always want the latest inside info and in my next life I want to be an 'ITK', but for all parties involves the way Rovers for the most part have managed to keep things under wraps is for the better. 

13 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16439261.forest-boss-calm-over-future-of-rovers-target-ben-brereton/?ref=mac

Forest boss on Brereton. If he is 3rd choice striker then you wouldn't imagine Forest would want rid unless Karanka doesn't rate him. However, Karanka is certainly not trying to put Rovers off the chase with those comments. There might be something in Brereton not fancying the move though or else he might not have mentioned it as a possible stumbling block. 

File under 'distinct possibility transfer will happen'.

Typical manager speak for "Up your offer".

9 hours ago, USABlue said:

As I prefer to call him, Bradley Whore.

Living off his ill gotten gains and keeping the hell away from Blackburn probably. Still be sending Kean and Conning & co a Christmas card though........

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16439347.permanent-priority-for-rovers-boss-in-the-loan-market/

Interesting. Looks like we’re chasing a CB, ST and CM all on loans with a view to permenant deals at Christmas.

Words, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

With apologies to the Bard.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It will just cost us more money now.  Loan fee plus transfer fee.  Haggling all summer didn't really work out very well.  Seems it's a seller's market at the moment.

There aren't (certainly in the top 2 divisions) teams that are desperate for cash as most have benefactors or premier league funding these days.  Bargains in this country will be from lower leagues only (and Newcastle ?).

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller