BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

It will just cost us more money now.  Loan fee plus transfer fee.  Haggling all summer didn't really work out very well.  Seems it's a seller's market at the moment.

There aren't (certainly in the top 2 divisions) teams that are desperate for cash as most have benefactors or premier league funding these days.  Bargains in this country will be from lower leagues only (and Newcastle ?).

Not necessarily true. Loan or permenant the fee is the fee no matter how it’s carved up. You usually pay less to be fair. Because the selling club have decided to cut their losses

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

It will just cost us more money now.  Loan fee plus transfer fee.  Haggling all summer didn't really work out very well.  Seems it's a seller's market at the moment.

There aren't (certainly in the top 2 divisions) teams that are desperate for cash as most have benefactors or premier league funding these days.  Bargains in this country will be from lower leagues only (and Newcastle ?).

It won't be a loan fee and transfer fee if we are buying him. However if we have an option put in where we don't have to commit to buying, then perhaps there will be a fee 

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It won't be a loan fee and transfer fee if we are buying him. However if we have an option put in where we don't have to commit to buying, then perhaps there will be a fee 

I might be wrong but I don't see why any club would agree to loan us a player now with an option to buy without a commitment to buy.

We could probably persuade Forest to part with Brereton on the basis that they will be guaranteed a tidy sum in a few months as that will enable them to budget with that money secure. Likewise I'm sure Forest would be willing to let him come here on loan without an option to buy to get him off the wage bill and playing games in the Championship and they can see how he gets on and make a decision later.

Not sure what's in it for them to agree to an option to buy. They're letting a player go which could be permanent but if something goes wrong won't be - so if he gets injured or bombs the fall out comes back to them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Not necessarily true. Loan or permenant the fee is the fee no matter how it’s carved up. You usually pay less to be fair. Because the selling club have decided to cut their losses

Can't imagine we will not overpay.  Selling club has all the power in this situation.   Unless the player desperately wants out (like Robbie Savage). 

If we buy outright, then we have to meet their valuation - which they are under no obligation to drop as we are the team short on bodies.  If we loan with a view, there will be a loan fee plus an agreed fee, which I think will be very hard to settle on - for both parties.

It may be easier dealing with Prem teams in this situation -  but I think the chance to agree a fee (that favours us) with Forest - went when the window closed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I might be wrong but I don't see why any club would agree to loan us a player now with an option to buy without a commitment to buy.

We could probably persuade Forest to part with Brereton on the basis that they will be guaranteed a tidy sum in a few months as that will enable them to budget with that money secure. Likewise I'm sure Forest would be willing to let him come here on loan without an option to buy to get him off the wage bill and playing games in the Championship and they can see how he gets on and make a decision later.

Not sure what's in it for them to agree to an option to buy. They're letting a player go which could be permanent but if something goes wrong won't be - so if he gets injured or bombs the fall out comes back to them.

I am pretty sure we had Antonnsson and Payne signed on loans with first option to buy. So clubs do it, I can't see Forest doing it in this instance,it will be loan with a locked in buy in January, but I was just giving the poster examples of how these loan deals can be structured

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I am pretty sure we had Antonnsson and Payne signed on loans with first option to buy. So clubs do it, I can't see Forest doing it in this instance, but I was just giving the poster examples of how these loan deals can be structured

I get how they can be structured.  I can't imagine that Forest will structure it in any way that isn't beneficial to them. 

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think its quite common for clubs to send players out with an option to buy. 

If someone came in now for Gladwin and wanted an option to buy, we'd probably allow it just to get his wages off the books.

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I am pretty sure we had Antonnsson and Payne signed on loans with first option to buy. So clubs do it, I can't see Forest doing it in this instance,it will be loan with a locked in buy in January, but I was just giving the poster examples of how these loan deals can be structured

Sorry yes, I'm aware clubs do it, just usually with players they are desperate to get shut of and not the likes of Brereton. Also in this strange window I doubt there will be many deals on those lines.

• Like 1

Just now, OJRovers said:

I think its quite common for clubs to send players out with an option to buy. 

If someone came in now for Gladwin and wanted an option to buy, we'd probably allow it just to get his wages off the books.

The difference is we would happily get shut of Gladwin.  Forest aren't in that position with Brereton.  

• Like 1

6 million is a fair bit for a 19 year old, when you consider that Leeds paid 7 million for Bamford who some on here really rate,and who,in fairness, has a decent Championship record. Forrest supporters may be saying they shouldn't sell him for less than 12, but their club is around 25 million in the red on transfers this summer. They could be more receptive to our interest than they are letting on. In fact, reading between the lines, I would say they are seriously considering letting him go

38 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

What kind of striker is Ben Brereton? anybody seen much of him?

He has pace, can hold the ball up, skill and tricky. If you look at the link of a youtube video of him I posted on Thursday morning. Shows him and what type of player he is. Deffo a player we should be sign and the deal must be loan with a deal to sign him permanent on the 1st of January. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nixon has said we are more than 50% there with signing Brearton and Gallagher. Brearton loan to buy and he thinks the same for Gallagher. 

Let's see 

You would think that if they want both, signing one then makes it easier to sign the 2nd.

Not sure how I'd feel about signing both though. Thats a lot invested in strikers when we always play 1 up front

If its true it makes you wonder if Graham is really struggling with his knee

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nixon has said we are more than 50% there with signing Brearton and Gallagher. Brearton loan to buy and he thinks the same for Gallagher. 

Let's see 

Sounds like Nixon is keeping his options open. If one of them sign then he can say he was right. 

Can't imagine will sign both, we only need one imo. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Let's see 

Very good if both come off. I don't buy this stuff that we don't need them. Both will increase in value IMO and with Graham in the later stages of his career we need to forward plan.

I'd expect one to be a permanent arrangement and the other to be a loan, I'd be very pleasantly surprised if we were going out on the best part of £10 million for the pair of them, not to mention this other 3rd signing.

• Like 2