BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

So long as next week we haven't gone down another notch to 'hopeful of a couple of additions'. Remember we started last week wanting 4 or 5 and we're now down to hoping for 3.

To be fair onTM he didn't say only 3, but rather that 3 deals are moving.

I'd be surprised if we got both Brereton and Gallagher, that would be an awful lot of our budget on a  position where we have Graham and Armstrong.  It would also indicate that Samuel and Nuttall are not rated by TM.  I know BB, SG, and AA can all play on the wing but not at the same time.  TM indicated he'd only play two with a more traditional wide man like Bennett likely to play most games.

It would also be a big gamble as both players might increase in value there's a good chance at least one and perhaps both wouldn't. Despite both seemingly being available not heard much about anyone else being interested.   

Personally, I think another centre midfielder is likely if rumours about bids for Freeman, McGinn and the American Trapp (that bid was confirmed by his club) were true, especially as  I  don't think we can play Smallwood and Evans when we have a smaller guy up front.

We won't sign both Brereton and Gallagher on loan to perm. 

Be one or the other on that sort of deal.

Glad he's said what we're all thinking on Whittingham/Caddis, think we could probably lump Downing in the catagory of "signed to help us get out of league one too".

9 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

We won't sign both Brereton and Gallagher on loan to perm. 

Be one or the other on that sort of deal.

Glad he's said what we're all thinking on Whittingham/Caddis, think we could probably lump Downing in the catagory of "signed to help us get out of league one too".

Love that Mowbray has moved to rid of them. Hopefully Gladwin leaves too.

I assume this means that Travis is part of the first team plans

2 hours ago, AdamRochina said:

Don'tDon'tthinj The dlub shou ld of said or even the lt should of said we are bringing in a player before weekend unless they were 100 percent confident , as it's looked silly now it's not come off 

I'll have a pint of what you've had but please, please don't use "of" when it should be "have". I know it's a common error but it really irritates me.

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He tweeted it. 2 separate tweets 

Iv read his timeline and he doesn't say we are 50% to buy both?

In one tweet he says the Brereton deal is ongoing and he said something about Gallagher's Fee and wages would be higher than Brereton's.

Unless you are seeing something I'm not?

If we get both then we've got 2 young strikers, likely to improve, and surely with good resale values. I definitely think as the other poster suggested they will be used as wingers / inside forwards.

Makes you wonder what his plan for Armstrong is. The comments the other day suggested he might get a chance down the centre but surely that's less likely now.

Also probably means Bennett will be utilised more as a midfielder?

I still worry about the cb situation. Really feel you need 4 going into a season if we're not counting williams (which we probably shouldn't at this level). Does wharton have a recall clause in his loan? Worst case scenario at least we'd be developing our own player should we get a few injuries and not sign anyone.

40 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If he gets a fee for either, then the guy is a magician.

A magician? I'd be forced to conclude he was some kind of celestial being!

Just getting their wages gone in full without a payoff or subsidising them would imply witchcraft at the bare minimum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nixon has said we are more than 50% there with signing Brearton and Gallagher. Brearton loan to buy and he thinks the same for Gallagher. 

Let's see 

how he? can you post where he has said this please? 

2 hours ago, Swanson said:

Rovers boss Tony Mowbray says he is willing to listen to offers for experienced duo Peter Whittingham and Paul Caddis.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16445145.mowbray-will-listen-to-offers-for-experienced-rovers-duo/?ref=mac

would be good to move both on

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

We only play 1 up front though, if we signed both then it would leave  Gallagher,Brereton,Graham and Armstrong fighting it out for one spot.

I know any of Gallagher,Armstrong and Brereton can play wide in the the 3 behind but why not just buy an actual winger, Chapman or Maddison.

Anyway i can't even see where Nixon has written that, would be surprised if we are in for both Brereton and Gallagher.

I can see us in for both but Brereton being his 1st choice with Gallagher being a back up. 

on the subject of a proper/actual winger, Mowbray has already explained how you like to play his wingers and their duties.  

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

how he? can you post where he has said this please? 

would be good to move both on

I can see us in for both but Brereton being his 1st choice with Gallagher being a back up. 

on the subject of a proper/actual winger, Mowbray has already explained how you like to play his wingers and their duties.  

Doesn't mean that people can't have other opinions.

I dont see us signing Brereton and Gallagher, if we did, we'd have 4 strikers who can play as "wide forwards" and no natural wingers, leaving what most would consider to be an imbalance in our squad.

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Doesn't mean that people can't have other opinions.

I dont see us signing Brereton and Gallagher, if we did, we'd have 4 strikers who can play as "wide forwards" and no natural wingers, leaving what most would consider to be an imbalance in our squad.

Its fine to have other opinions don't think I said did I but Mowbray has explained way he plays the team and tactics that way. 

Brereton the 1st choice and I would agree with that. Defiantly not a player I couldn't see targeting in the summer so its a surprise and welcome one at that. 

Nuttall will go out on loan. With Graham, Brereton(if we sign), Armstrong and Samuel has our forward options. what do people think of that? good enough for the season or like to see another striker sign in January/this loan window?

Edited by chaddyrovers

49 minutes ago, AJW said:

This post seems to have been overlooked by the optimists.

A permanent move at the right price could swing that one if the players wants first team football but that certainly doesn’t sound like a loan opportunity.

Brereton needs to come off then or it’s back to the drawing board with 2 weeks left.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its fine to have other opinions don't think I said did I but Mowbray has explained way he plays the team and tactics that way. 

Brereton the 1st choice and I would agree with that. Definaly a player I couldn't see targeting in the summer so its a surprise and welcome one at that. 

Nuttall will go out on loan. With Graham, Brereton(if we sign), Armstrong and Samuel has our forward options. what do people think of that? good enough for the season or like to see another striker sign in January/this loan window?

Only if the front 3 ensured that we never needed to use Samuel as he is so much worse than all 3 of them. Needs to go ASAP.

10 minutes ago, Stuart said:

This post seems to have been overlooked by the optimists.

A permanent move at the right price could swing that one if the players wants first team football but that certainly doesn’t sound like a loan opportunity.

Brereton needs to come off then or it’s back to the drawing board with 2 weeks left.

"Overlooked by the optimists" 

Ha ha ha