BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its fine to have other opinions don't think I said did I but Mowbray has explained way he plays the team and tactics that way. 

Brereton the 1st choice and I would agree with that. Definaly a player I couldn't see targeting in the summer so its a surprise and welcome one at that. 

Nuttall will go out on loan. With Graham, Brereton(if we sign), Armstrong and Samuel has our forward options. what do people think of that? good enough for the season or like to see another striker sign in January/this loan window?

Chaddy, I agree with what you say but if we sign Brereton at the sort of money being banded about then I would expect he will be first choice, if not then Venkys will certainly have something to say.  I also expect Nuttall to go on loan, as he has potential.  Samuel, unfortunately is not good enough.  

That being the situation, I just don't understand the necessity to sign Brereton as Armstrong and Graham would be extremely upset being second and third choice behind a 19 year old.  TM may have a different view but to date he has played one up top and currently that must be Graham.

Brererton would be a good signing but it's getting very expensive now If those figures are to be believed.

Still though I'd rather the money be spent than to disappear and never be seen again.

We should stop pissing about though and put in a take it or leave it offer, if forest want too much then move on to another target.

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

6 million is a fair bit for a 19 year old, when you consider that Leeds paid 7 million for Bamford who some on here really rate,and who,in fairness, has a decent Championship record. Forrest supporters may be saying they shouldn't sell him for less than 12, but their club is around 25 million in the red on transfers this summer. They could be more receptive to our interest than they are letting on. In fact, reading between the lines, I would say they are seriously considering letting him go

Strange thing is, that long before any of us knew we might have a budget as large as we allegedly do, TM said in the papers that some targets were real and then a club comes in and bids 7 million for them.

I really wonder if Bamford was a target of ours early doors. At the time people suggested it was Gallagher but i'm not so convinced now.

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nixon has said we are more than 50% there with signing Brearton and Gallagher. Brearton loan to buy and he thinks the same for Gallagher. 

Let's see 

Do we really need both?

Would be nice of course but it sounds like he is just covering bases with the two.  (Nixon i mean).

Edited by JacknOry

Anyone on instagram?

Raya has put up a story of someone doing what looks like to be a initiation.

Could be nothing but mate has just text me it and i dont recognise him at all.

Edited by MarkBRFC

This deal must have been going on well before deadline day because I can't believe Mowbray would have left it go until the last day of the window and then keeping on upping bids reportedly now to the tune of 8 million l.

I know Mowbray called bullshit it on it but honestly what Nixon said about Mowbray not receiving extra backing till later in the window does seem plausible. If we had/Have the sums being talked about since venky trip then I don't see why we couldn't have got out buisness done earlier.We will be four games in minimum before any new signing is involved 

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Surely £8m could be better spent?

Isnt it more than they just spend on a forward who is ahead of him in the squad?

If the kid is worth that much, why are they buying strikers worth less and playing them ahead of him while this kid cannot barely even get on the bench?

Someone mentioned Bamford went for 7 million and he has a very healthy scoring record in this league and plenty of experience - even won player of the season apparently one year. So how is this kid worth more than that?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Anyone on instagram?

Raya has put up a story of someone doing what looks like to be a initiation.

Could be nothing but mate has just text me it and i dont recognise him at all.

D91CA48A-C292-4A4A-94DA-10243F5134C3.png

Just now, Blueandwhitemike said:

This £8M story is in the Sun, right?  Is it Nicko?  Is it true?  Find it hard to believe we would want to bid that much on one player even if we could.

He's the next Pele mate.I have it from a reliable source that both us and Real Madrid have agreed deals with Forest and the player is 80% certain he wants to come here but his agent is trying to lean him toward going to Madrid so Brereton has asked Mowbray for the weekend to think about it.

• Like 1

Easy to say the money might be better spent elsewhere. Trouble is with Venkys if it isn't spent when available it may well not be available again. 

It's down to Mowbray and he'll be judged accordingly.

IF the owners are putting that money out there then Mowbray deserves the chance to spend it. 

We know that they have previously tried to make a statement with an out of the blue big bid with Rhodes. I doubt that it's as simple as spending smaller amounts on a number of targets.