BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

You can’t seriously be surprised that folk would be cautious, surely you aren’t that big of a hypocrite after yourself saying this is the exact thing we shouldn’t be doing.

Come on Chaddy try and be balanced here you know exactly why people are a little edgy about it to suggest otherwise is massively disingenuous!

For what it’s worth a mate of mine says he’s lighting quick with bags of potential so I’ll be excited to see him if he signs 

I can understand the cautious but I think some are being over crictise about Brereton. 

Your mate is right. Ive been saying loads of talent and potential plus will only get better under Mowbray IMO

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The deal was being done behind the kid's back as far as I can see. That's not how things work in today's football. It just doesn't hang right for me. The last thing we want is another Barry Ferguson scenario were the lad gets here under  a bit of pressure and suddenly doesn't really fancy it.

Forest went behind his back trying to sell him a day before the deadline day. Clearly someone wants rid at Forest. I think now Brereton wants to leave after Karanka and Forest went behind his back. 

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's my thinking also. It'd took us a while to get to where we are now. It'd be disasterous for us to return to the days of selling our best players. I'd like a reliable centre half who can push our regular pair really hard. A genuine top class ( at this level ) central midfield player who can direct traffic in the middle of the pitch (  this is where we need to splash the cash ) and a reliable target man who has some presence.

We're all getting giddy with Armstrong doing well up front. We were playing away in the last two games. Teams play a higher line at home. Wait while you see how much room Reading give him to run into on Wednesday night. That's when you need the guys with Graham's link up skills.

That's why you have to different ways of playing not just by one dimension and have different type of forwards at the club. I like Morris who was on loan at Shrewsbury from Norwich currently injured but He would be a target next summer. 

20 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Look for a bit more value in the market rather than spending more on an unproven teenager who can't get on Forests bench than on the rest of our squad combined.

Well I can understand the point and they were players available who we could have got like example Edwards who went Ipswich

clearly we can afford the bid for Brereton and his wages and its a player Mowbray wants. Not sure I want someone cast offs or players injured for long term like Wickham from Palace

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

The way Dack has started the season the £750,000 we gambled on a one season wonder at Gillingham looks like it could repay 10 times over like the the money we gambled on Davies cost us £3 million.

Wouldn't say that Dack was a one season wonder before he came here but even if he was that is still one season more than Brereton and at less than 1/8th of the price.

After listening to Mowbray interview He sounds very fed up that his targets are public knowledge and says that its a few people at Rovers know his targets but someone is leaking the info. is that a dig at Nicko? Nicko is doing a story on Rovers in tomorrow paper. 

I'm not sure if the Brereton deal is any closer now or not after listening to that interview

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Having listened to the bits about transfers, sounds like we have moved on from deals. I wonder if the Brereton deal is one of them? £8m for an unproven 19 year old championship player seems bonkers to me. 

Mowbray also massively pee’d off with details of our targets leaked. Wonder who the mole is? It’s not that McConnell Chap is it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Those saying if the player is a flop then Venky's may turn the tap off well what happens if we don't spend it? Venky's may turn the tap off thinking we don't need it.

What happens if the Bereton does not move and gets in to the Forest team does well then goes for £20million. Will the doom mongers then turn and say say why did we not pay the bargain of £8 million.

All transfers are a gamble that may or may not come off. 

We have to be cautious of course but it nice to see us even talking about such vaules being talked about again.

The way Dack has started the season the £750,000 we gambled on a one season wonder at Gillingham looks like it could repay 10 times over like the the money we gambled on Davies cost us £3 million.

Proven goal scorers who we could get a return on are only interested in premier league. All the multi million pound players I dare say will be a calculated gamble or are players there will be little return on.

My sentiments exactly, get it spent, Mowbrays already alluded to the fact it might not be there in the next window- he said something like,  'If we're doing well in Jan there might be the opportunity to spend then..'

Maddison, Chapman, a dynamic centre mid, Bauer and Brereton would do me.

I'd be going balls out whilst the cash is available, 

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Thanks Chaddy. 

Doesn't sound like anything close and he seems frustrated with it

well I get the impression a couple are getting closer and couple not. Mowbray;s comments seem to be dig at other clubs and agents leaking info to the media. 

also Rich Sharpe tweet from 2 hours ago

“creeping closer” TM said after the match. Will put his full comments out tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Valois said:

Having listened to the bits about transfers, sounds like we have moved on from deals. I wonder if the Brereton deal is one of them? £8m for an unproven 19 year old championship player seems bonkers to me. 

Mowbray also massively pee’d off with details of our targets leaked. Wonder who the mole is? It’s not that McConnell Chap is it?

Is there a traitor in our camp?

9 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Those saying if the player is a flop then Venky's may turn the tap off well what happens if we don't spend it? Venky's may turn the tap off thinking we don't need it.

What happens if the Bereton does not move and gets in to the Forest team does well then goes for £20million. Will the doom mongers then turn and say say why did we not pay the bargain of £8 million.

All transfers are a gamble that may or may not come off. 

We have to be cautious of course but it nice to see us even talking about such vaules being talked about again.

Proven goal scorers who we could get a return on are only interested in premier league. All the multi million pound players I dare say will be a calculated gamble or are players there will be little return on.

A player barely any of us would have suggested as a target two weeks ago and who is a definite gamble (and can’t get into Forest’s First XI) is suddenly an £8m investment to make £20m sale. Be honest that’s a bit of a stretch.

There is better value out there if you have the money to spend - which everyone believes we do...

McGinn to Villa, £3m

Marriott to Derby, £3m

Waghorn to Derby, £5m

Bamford to Leeds, £7m

Grabban to Forest, £6m

Baldack to Reading, £3.5m

People are getting a little carried away at the whiff of cash and want to ignore the Venkys history that the “doom mongers” (ha!) are cautious of.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

After listening to Mowbray interview He sounds very fed up that his targets are public knowledge and says that its a few people at Rovers know his targets but someone is leaking the info. is that a dig at Nicko? Nicko is doing a story on Rovers in tomorrow paper. 

I'm not sure if the Brereton deal is any closer now or not after listening to that interview

More of a dig at who is telling Nicko (or Sharpe) I’d say.

Loose lips cost loans.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well I get the impression a couple are getting closer and couple not. Mowbray;s comments seem to be dig at other clubs and agents leaking info to the media. 

also Rich Sharpe tweet from 2 hours ago

“creeping closer” TM said after the match. Will put his full comments out tomorrow.

This is how I took it. Wouldn't be surprised if we're moving on from Brereton or if we're at the take it or leave it stage. 

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

There are a lot of people on here who seem genuinely concerned about spending Venkys money. The £8m fee will likely be spread across the term of the deal and be dependant on success etc. More importantly, if the usually rather frugal Mowbray is keen and the Forest fans are desperate not to lose him...then what’s the problem? 

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Id say it’s you and the others who are making the biggest assumptions. You’re assuming we can’t afford it. Assuming that it’s costing us a fortune. We have no idea how good he is or can potentially be. But our manager must rate him highly and the Forest fans desperately don’t want to lose him.

Would I spend the money on other players? Possibly. Would I be ecstatic to sign a young prodigee for £8m with someone else’s money? Abso-bloody-lutely!! 

You seem to have initially totally missed the point, then stumbled across what people are saying without realising.

People arent saying we shouldnt spend 8m, a point @chaddyrovers also seems to have missed in his steadfast defence of a player based mainly on a youtube video...

The point people are saying, and its one you seemingly share, is should we blow it all on a promising but ultimately incredibly raw player when we need a few players of quality? Debatable. Its the way we are spending it that people are debating and questioning, not the amount.

I dont see how the media knowledge of the Brereton bid specifically could have affected the deal, as I dont see any other teams becoming knowledgeable and bidding themselves, the usual worry.

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

A player barely any of us would have suggested as a target two weeks ago and who is a definite gamble (and can’t get into Forest’s First XI) is suddenly an £8m investment to make £20m sale. Be honest that’s a bit of a stretch.

There is better value out there if you have the money to spend - which everyone believes we do...

McGinn to Villa, £3m  

Marriott to Derby, £3m

Waghorn to Derby, £5m

Bamford to Leeds, £7m

Grabban to Forest, £6m

Baldack to Reading, £3.5m

People are getting a little carried away at the whiff of cash and want to ignore the Venkys history that the “doom mongers” (ha!) are cautious of.

Most of those we couldn't compete with those clubs on wages I would guess. Wouldn't be surprise if we were in for Waghorn or interested in him. 

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

‘A lot used to get leaked from this club, I’ve heard’

Sounds like his dig is aimed closer to home...

Well here is the people who would know who we are after and bidding for

Mowbray, Venus, Waggott, Slivester, Cheston and Harvey(Chief Scout). Can anybody think of anyone else who might be involve?

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think that's fair enough regarding transfer issues. The local press needs to work in the best interests of the club and not sabotage our efforts.

Agreed. Shame they couldn’t do that when the imposter and his pals were tearing it apart in front of us all.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Most of those we couldn't compete with those clubs on wages I would guess.

Brereton will cost £8m plus wages - which are usually commensurate with the transfer fee.

Surely Grabban wouldn’t be earning £500k per year more than Brereton will want? (For a four year deal).

Or £750k per year more than Waghorn?

Edited by Stuart

Just now, roversfan99 said:

People arent saying we shouldnt spend 8m, a point @chaddyrovers also seems to have missed in his steadfast defence of a player based mainly on a youtube video...

I have accept that point so please stop saying this. Also stop that my defence of a player based mainly on a youtube video as it is not. I have explained this several times to you. so either accept it or don't quote or mention again please

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I get the impression that Sharpe only releases transfer news when he gets the okay from Mowbray and the club. 

Also thought it been like that for years

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Most of those we couldn't compete with those clubs on wages I would guess. Wouldn't be surprise if we were in for Waghorn or interested in him. 

You told me you expected Gallagher to be in for the game last weekend. If you thought that we could afford his wages then we could afford the majority if not all of those players' wages. Also given those players were all cheaper than Brereton why not put the few million we would have saved on a transfer fee towards wages? 

17 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I get the impression that Sharpe only releases transfer news when he gets the okay from Mowbray and the club. 

Last time I can remember Sharpe going against this was an article linking us with Rothwell but since then... Not much. 

14 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Brereton will cost £8m plus wages - which are usually commensurate with the transfer fee.

Surely Grabban wouldn’t be earning £500k per year more than Brereton will want? (For a four year deal).

Or £750k per year more than Waghorn?

I would guess(yes a guess) that Brereton is on around 5k wage at Forest. I would be signing Brereton to 5 years contract on 12k to 14k per year. 

Lewis Grabban I would guess at Bournemouth he was on 30k a week so how much drop would he have taken to join Forest. 

On Waghorn, How much is he on Derby I don't know. maybe 15 to 20k a week at guess