BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Most of those we couldn't compete with those clubs on wages I would guess. Wouldn't be surprise if we were in for Waghorn or interested in him. 

Well here is the people who would know who we are after and bidding for

Mowbray, Venus, Waggott, Slivester, Cheston and Harvey(Chief Scout). Can anybody think of anyone else who might be involve?

I don't know anything about Baldock but I would have signed any of those other players in that list before I would be signing Brereton.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would guess(yes a guess) that Brereton is on around 5k wage at Forest. I would be signing Brereton to 5 years contract on 12k to 14k per year. 

Lewis Grabban I would guess at Bournemouth he was on 30k a week so how much drop would he have taken to join Forest. 

On Waghorn, How much is he on Derby I don't know. maybe 15 to 20k a week at guess

I take it you mean a per week. But there is little chance that a player who is being signed for around £8 Million is going to take wages of 12-14k per week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would guess(yes a guess) that Brereton is on around 5k wage at Forest. I would be signing Brereton to 5 years contract on 12k to 14k per year. 

Lewis Grabban I would guess at Bournemouth he was on 30k a week so how much drop would he have taken to join Forest. 

On Waghorn, How much is he on Derby I don't know. maybe 15 to 20k a week at guess

Fair dos and an honest reply - appreciated. Using your guesses then but I’m not giving you 5 years, you can have 4 - the same as Grabban got at Forest and one more year than Waghorn got at Derby.

Brereton £13k per for 4 years + £8m = £10.7m

Waghorn £17.5k pw for 4 year + £5m =  £8.6m

Grabban £30k pw for 4 years + £6m = £12.2m

So Grabban is £1.5m per year more than Brereton and Waghorn £2m cheaper!

Not sure an unproven Brereton represents value for money in comparison.

I think people are just desperate for Venkys to splash the cash. I actually hope they do but on the right player(s). Brereton could be a success. The next Shearer. A £20m future sale. But it’s a big gamble and there are or were better options.

• Like 4

What should we pay him? The going rate for an 8 million signing and that ain’t 12k a week!

We don’t pay big wages anymore? We (you included) didn’t think we paid 8 million for players until a week ago either, so Christ knows what he’d be paid.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Coleraine manager Oran Kearney says midfielder Brad Lyons performed well on a recent trial at Blackburn Rovers but that he will not be moving to the English outfit.

Either Rovers or the players representatives passed on making or agreeing to an offer however.

Hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the future.

Edited by RovingRover

He’ll be on more than that at Forest I would guess Chaddy. No idea how much but I think after he burst onto the scene he would have been given a decent contract.

If we’re paying an £8m fee his wages will be expected to be at least double what you’ve suggested in my opinion. Maybe that’s why we might move on.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

A player barely any of us would have suggested as a target two weeks ago and who is a definite gamble (and can’t get into Forest’s First XI) is suddenly an £8m investment to make £20m sale. Be honest that’s a bit of a stretch.

There is better value out there if you have the money to spend - which everyone believes we do...

McGinn to Villa, £3m

Marriott to Derby, £3m

Waghorn to Derby, £5m

Bamford to Leeds, £7m

Grabban to Forest, £6m

Baldack to Reading, £3.5m

People are getting a little carried away at the whiff of cash and want to ignore the Venkys history that the “doom mongers” (ha!) are cautious of.

Waghorn ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RovingRover said:

Coleraine manager Oran Kearney says midfielder Brad Lyons performed well on a recent trial at Blackburn Rovers but that he will not be moving to the English outfit.

Either Rovers or the players representatives passed on making or agreeing to an offer however.

Hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the future.

A 21 year old midfielder/striker from Northern Irish football who doesn't even have a wikipedia page. Very random. I wonder what the situation was there.

Good goals record it seems (16 in 20) and yet only gets a handful of games a season despite being prolific for the last 5 when he does play. Do they only have a few games a season over there or something? And everyone is always scoring? If not this is a weird one. Injury prone maybe, unless this site's stats are incomplete.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=81743&season_id=151

Edited by bluebruce
12 teams play in the NIFL so odd he plays so few games...

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

A 21 year old midfielder/striker from Northern Irish football who doesn't even have a wikipedia page. Very random. I wonder what the situation was there.

Good goals record it seems (16 in 20) and yet only gets a handful of games a season despite being prolific for the last 5 when he does play. Do they only have a few games a season over there or something? And everyone is always scoring? If not this is a weird one. Injury prone maybe, unless this site's stats are incomplete.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=81743&season_id=151

93 games played for Coleraine with 15 goals, 9 assists and 6,408 mins played since the 2016/17 season.

It does appear that he has had some occasional injury problems. Granted he is no Vince Grella! 

1 hour ago, RovingRover said:

93 games played for Coleraine with 15 goals, 9 assists and 6,408 mins played since the 2016/17 season.

It does appear that he has had some occasional injury problems. Granted he is no Vince Grella! 

Huh, where did you get the 93 games from? Guess the one I found wasn't accurate. Didn't think it made any sense.

12 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I know, I was being thick it seems. Thanks to all for patience and clarifying. ?

I apologise for adding to an already long list of corrections.  If I had read a bit more before reacting I would have seen.  Anyway I had surgery Thursday and am in some strong pain meds, your excuse? LOL  (Yes, I am 60 y/o and I use it).

8 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Those saying if the player is a flop then Venky's may turn the tap off well what happens if we don't spend it? Venky's may turn the tap off thinking we don't need it.

What happens if the Bereton does notWhat happens if the Bereton does not move and gets in to the Forest team does well then goes for £20million. Will the doom mongers then turn and say say why did we not pay the bargain of £8 million move and gets in to the Forest team does well then goes for £20million. Will the doom mongers then turn and say say why did we not pay the bargain of £8 million.

All transfers are a gamble that may or may not come off. 

We have to be cautious of course but it nice to see us even talking about such vaules being talked about again.

The way Dack has started the season the £750,000 we gambled on a one season wonder at Gillingham looks like it could repay 10 times over like the the money we gambled on Davies cost us £3 million.

Proven goal scorers who we could get a return on are only interested in premier league. All the multi million pound players I dare say will be a calculated gamble or are players there will be little return on.

Oh you know they will, probably be keeping tabs on his every game, highlighting every positive and how we missed out on a bargain.

8 hours ago, Valois said:

Having listened to the bits about transfers, sounds like we have moved on from deals. I wonder if the Brereton deal is one of them? £8m for an unproven 19 year old championship player seems bonkers to me. 

Mowbray also massively pee’d off with details of our targets leaked. Wonder who the mole is? It’s not that McConnell Chap is it?

It sounds like the deal for the Forest lad is dead.  Not sure who else he ciuld be referring to.  I think Forest are playing games here, trying to stir up some interest for a young lad they want rid of.  Tony sounded a bit miffed that news got out, my money's on Forest letting news out to drum up some other bidders.  This one could be dead and stinking.  Hopefully it back fires and Karanka ends up pleading with Tony to take him on deadline day at a drastically reduced amount.

• Like 1