BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

8 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

Have you ever had a good word to say about a prospective signing or is it always negative?

I been thrilled with lots of our signings over the years. At the moment it looks like we're trying to build a team to win an indoor six a side competition. Like Mowbray said you need some soldiers in the team, they can't all be artists.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to suggest that £8m would be the majority of our budget.

Really? Had you asked most of us (me included) before last week we’d have made the same statement about £3m wouldn’t we? Some would’ve said even less...

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I been thrilled with lots of our signings over the years. At the moment it looks like we're trying to build a team to win an indoor six a side competition. Like Mowbray said you need some soldiers in the team, they can't all be artists.

I agree. That’s why TM plays Bennett and not 2 flying wingers, which some on here don’t seem to understand. Freeman would obviously be a left sided player as he’s played most of his career there. Brereton would be a long term Graham replacement, and we’d pay it in small gradual instalments. Let’s hope you are pleased by the end. We might have to sign Messi for that to be the case though.

Edited by JeffRover

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Nixon saying Brereton,Freeman and Bauer are the 3 we have bids in for,all becoming permanent on Jan 1st.

I would be delighted with those three on perm deals. I think we could shut up shop then.

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We've got plenty of soldiers - like someone said Bennett falls into that category then there's the two hod carriers in central midfield, not to mention most of the defence.

In my view we've had far too many soldiers and far too few artists over the last few years and I'm excited to see that being addressed by Mowbray. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baz said:

Nedum Onuhua

Stephen Ireland

Jan Kirchoff

All currently without clubs, worth pursuing?

No thanks. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I'd be surprised, and weren't Boro interested in him too?

That said, if we had Dack, Freeman, Graham, Armstrong, Palmer and an 8m striker in Brereton, surely wed have to be targeting the play offs.

Boro were interested in him and did bid for him. same as us. There have cash to spend and still after signings. Will there still be interested in him? most likely. 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Nixon saying Brereton,Freeman and Bauer are the 3 we have bids in for,all becoming permanent on Jan 1st.

thanks for the update. 

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, of course fans can have concerns. But if the have never seen the player play or cannot suggest an alternative in the same price range, I just find their input boring. I have even read some posters suggest conspiracy theories about the deal. That's silly. 

It's been mentioned many times before, Freeman has played most of his career left mid. So you aren't correct saying number 10 is his natural role. Most recent, yes, but natural, I wouldn't say that. He seems comfortable in both. 

You might find it boring but I and others find it to be constructive debtate.

Please can you quote the conspiracy theories? I would like to see them.

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray said 3.5. He said Dack is the . 5. I would see Dack as more of an attacker than defender or midfielder. 

No, that's not what I'm saying. I am saying if fans don't know anything about the player, how do they know what he gives us? You said Freeman is a natural number 10, that's not the case as he played most of his career on the left. 

Beg to differ, https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/august/the-experiment-worked/

“I’ve played Adam off the left wing before. I play with two and a half attackers, really. Adam is one, Danny [Graham] is one, and Bradley [Dack] is the half," Tony revealed to iFollow Rovers.

"I’d then have a [Elliott] Bennett or a [Craig] Conway on the other side, running up and down."

To clarify, I agree that we need plenty of options in these positions. But it would be Dack and 2 from Armstrong, Freeman, Brereton, Palmer, Graham, Samuel and Rothwell, something I'd prefer him to be more flexible with when we play weaker opponents, eg on Wednesday.

I might be totally wrong and apologies if so, but it sounds like most on here, you havent seen too much of Freeman and Brereton yourself.

Brereton, from the very little ive seen, was very direct but quite weak. Obviously things like goal records are black and white, and his is poor at the moment.

You can't expect people to turn a blind eye to potential weaknesses of a player that is going to cost us such a substantial amount.

Freeman, again I saw a couple of times only, but he is not the quickest, very good from dead balls, not a natural winger who will get chalk on his boots, the type I personally feel we lack as an option in the squad.

I would be happy if I woke up tomorrow and we signed both, but lets not shut down debate as to whether they are exactly what we need, or whether they are the best way to utilise a very large potential kitty, albeit from the limited information we have, from the few games weve seen them play, and from what their supporters have said about them both.

• Like 5

Just now, JeffRover said:

I agree. That’s why TM plays Bennett and not 2 flying wingers, which some on here don’t seem to understand. Freeman would be a obviously be a left sided player as he’s played most of his career there. Brereton would be a long term Graham replacement, and we’d pay it in small gradual instalments. Let’s hope you are pleased by the end. We might have to sign Messi for that to be the case though.

Mm Messi, not a bad player but he favours his left foot too much for my liking. Show him on to his right  hand side and he's easy meat.

On a serious note I can see why Bennett gets played out right these days. It's all about balance. You can only afford to play with one out and out attacking player on the flanks these days. If Palmer plays out wide Bennett balances the team on the other flank. 

Regarding Brereton, it's the " long term " bit I don't like. We needs a Graham MK 2 tomorrow, not in a years time.

3 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

The budget, It is rather puzzling. We decided to offer new contracts to bit part players in Conway, Williams and Smallwood who could struggle to get into the match day squad if we sign three more. Points to budget change for sure

For me, these three should all be squad fillers not starters if we genuinely want to make a push at the play-offs.

20 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Have you ever played the game apart from " coats down for goalposts " on your local Rec? 

The list of professional and semi professional clubs I represented until the age of 18 when I had a career ending injury is exhaustive. Though I have been able to continue my love affair with Rovers and football in general because of the friends I kept in football, many of whom played in the football league and a couple who had lengthy careers in the Premier League. 

Does this count? 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

The list of professional and semi professional clubs I represented until the age of 18 when I had a career ending injury is exhaustive. Though I have been able to continue my love affair with Rovers and football in general because of the friends I kept in football, many of whom played in the football league and a couple who had lengthy careers in the Premier League. 

Does this count? 

It doesn't sound like you learnt much in that time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Freeman one makes me uneasy and given QPR position I just don't see them selling their best player when struggling. I don't really look at those 3 signings and think it's money well spent particularly. I'm sensing a feeling that TM knows that Dacky is only realistically going to be here this season and that this is our best shot at promotion... Is therefore going for it. 

I disagree on Dack and him going at the end of the season. 

On the QPR situation, behind the scenes it seems a completed mess and no plan or long term strategy from the owners or Board or Director of football

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

Personally now it’s 8 million plus clauses I’d leave B.B. at Forest. He’s hardly kicking up a fuss to come, From what I see; he’s not very pacey, not natural when it comes to finishing. Big clubs have looked by stopped and not bidded which for me raises caution.

When Wickham was Ipswich you could see it in him but by the time left for 7 million to Sunderland he was the main man whereas B.B. can’t make a poor Forest bench.

Quite how Forest think a player they got 2/3 years ago for nowt after 60 games is worth 12 is beyond me.

Vydra went to Burnley after 26 goals for 10 million! Puts it into perspective. 

But what were Vydra wages at Derby or now at Burnley? 

Plus how you know Brereton is kicking up a fuss to leave all because its not in public domain doesn't mean he happy there. would you be happy if you Boss want you out of your job?

57 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I would leave the deal as well since forest are being greedy and messing about. £8m is too much of a risk on our budget and there must be better value elsewhere. Can't suggest any names off hand.

Why leave a deal you been working on for 10 or 11 days? crazy. Better value elsewhere. Mowbray is looking at players who will be here for a number of years and not looking at players aged 29 or 30 but aged 24 or 25 on 3 or 4 year contracts

53 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You see them all playing in the same team ? How many will be happy sitting on the bench ? Last time we played 2-3-5 I was still in short pants.

Competition for places and players get injured. How many games will Graham been fit to start or will he now start to be super sub player? 

We need a squad not just a good 13 or 14 players. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Fans arent professional scouts though, thats the thing. 

People are well entitled, as @K-Hod pointed out earlier, to point out potential concerns about spending what would be an equal record fee for a player, without having a series of alternatives under their arm.

Brereton is seemingly an exciting talent, pacy, highly rated, but there are also potential concerns, poor goal record, potential inability to play as a lone striker at the moment, nowhere near the Forest side, so his current ability is being questioned rather than his potential ability, not to mention that we are reported to have been messed about regarding the fee. If he was to sign, he would have to realistically have an impact from the get go due to the fee.

Freeman is a very talented player with a very impressive assist tally, but his natural position where he is played for QPR is as a 10, he isn't particularly quick so he would, like Palmer, need to fit in somewhere else, most likely wide. 

Baeur, thats a deal that, finance permitting, not many have said anything bad about.

You can query players and ask questions about them who are potentially being linked with signing for big, big fees, without having to have an in depth understanding of exactly who will be available for similar fees.

Enough people watched enough football on here and on the web there is enough sites with info on. I used transfermarkt a lot. gives you stats, games played, which position they played in and market value. 

Freeman can play in any other those position behind the main striker easy for me. 

51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We dont. We play 3, as mentioned by Mowbray earlier in the week. Agree with fighting for a place.

Obviously not signing anyone is a big issue. But basically you are saying, be happy we are signing players, regardless of position, rather than allowing them to question whether they will be able to give us what we are missing.

We would have different options and give us more variation and different ways of playing. Bennett played the wide role perfectly yesterday. You need that type of player away from home. Mowbray wants options and competition for places signings those players would give us that

50 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

I’d be banging on the door at Bristol City for Famara Dihedou. That lad last year looked something else, potential over a full year to get 20 goals.

Additionally now Fulham have bagged Vietto and Mitrivic I’d take Abou Kamara from them in a heartbeat.

Ideally the player I’ve wanted all year and mentioned him a good few times now is Umut Bozok.

who? who? who?