BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

I’m torn on this as I’m delighted that it appears we have money to improve the team. I’m a little concerned that we are looking like spending a huge amount for us on a 19 year old who’s been a good championship player but has hardly set the world alight.

disagree with Paul Mani and Chaddy (Shock), if he’s coming for £8m he’s going to expect a wage in line with what other £8m players are earning. He’s not going to come on £12k as he’s a young player as suggested by Paul, he’s going to be coming on a high wage.

Looking at the market I’m sure the £8m could be better spent on a more ‘finished’ article in the championship. A little nervy but I’d love to be proved wrong by the lad coming in and smashing 20 goals this season.

I respectfully disagree with all that you say but understand why you said it.

Shearer had done next to nothing at Southampton before we signed him for a then record British transfer fee. The fee was for the potential and as we know, how that was realised!

The transfer fee and wages don't necessarily have to be linked: The fee goes to the club (and numerous hangers on no doubt), the player earns the salary. I'm certain TM wouldn't risk the potential of any squad disharmony by paying a kid with potential more than the likes of Bradley and King Charles for example.

The £8 million would be spent on a kid with absolute bags of potential and all that brings in terms of the potential for a sizeable profit as the asset increases in value. There's lots of Ross MCormacks etc who Championship clubs have paid a fortune for yet fail to come close to delivering on expectations.

Get Brereton signed, he'll be a good 'un!

I don't disagree that every team needs a few hod carriers - the issue is, and you obviously agree,  we need better quality there. Smallwood and Evans simply aren't good enough and we run the danger of having too soft a centre if we don't fix this issue.  

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't think we have enough soldiers. 

Raya -  Only a lad 

Nyambe - Ditto, but could become one in the fullness of time.

Lenihan - Definitely a soldier. 

Mulgrew - Soldier in spirit but if the body keeps telling you that you aren't it's hard to argue.

Bell - Too early to say.

Bennett - Yep, he 's a soldier.

Smallwood - He's been a soldier but currently on leave.

Evans -  Could be one if he got his mad up, doesn't do it often though.

Palmer - Mm he looks to be a lover not a fighter to me.

Armstrong - Not a soldier physically but could be one in terms of effort.

Dack - I think he likes a scrap so I'll say yes there.

Graham - Same as Charlie Boy, he likes the physical side but his body keeps telling him to behave.

One of the reasons we got relegated was we were too easily pushed around. We're better in that respect now but I'd like to see another couple of  guys who like the physical side of the game brought in.

Watching the young guy we'll all talking about , he's a bit willowy yet and he doesn't knock people about but he's not frightened of a meaty challenge and he does use his size quite well.

We haven’t got a batty/ savage/ JJ type player if that’s what your trying to say with that long winded post.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Raya -  Only a lad 

Mulgrew - Soldier in spirit but if the body keeps telling you that you aren't it's hard to argue.

Bell - Too early to say.

Graham - Same as Charlie Boy, he likes the physical side but his body keeps telling him to behave.

One of the reasons we got relegated was we were too easily pushed around. We're better in that respect now but I'd like to see another couple of  guys who like the physical side of the game brought in.

Watching the young guy we'll all talking about , he's a bit willowy yet and he doesn't knock people about but he's not frightened of a meaty challenge and he does use his size quite well.

Yet put them together as a unit they  get promoted from a League renowned for physicality

We ve enough soldiers or as i would rather put it ..lads playing for the shirt ..

26 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Raya -  Only a lad 

Bell - Too early to say.

Ok so you said we don't have enough soldiers for our soldiers:artists balance. You then named 12 players and listed 3 as definite soldiers, 3 soldiers in spirit, 2 sometimes soldiers, 1 soldier in the making, and 1 you admit you have no idea yet. There were only 2 players out of 12 you mentioned then described as having no soldier in them at all. One of those was the goalie, who simply doesn't count.

Not sure what your concern is? Seems enough rough and tumble to me. And teams have hated playing against us as we harry them all game (except first half Millwall).

Just now, bluebruce said:

Ok so you said we don't have enough soldiers for our soldiers:artists balance. You then named 12 players and listed 3 as definite soldiers, 3 soldiers in spirit, 2 sometimes soldiers, 1 soldier in the making, and 1 you admit you have no idea yet. There were only 2 players out of 12 you mentioned then described as having no soldier in them at all. One of those was the goalie, who simply doesn't count.

Not sure what your concern is? Seems enough rough and tumble to me. And teams have hated playing against us as we harry them all game (except first half Millwall).

Well said ..what we re crying out for now is new additions with creativity ..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, neophox said:

A central defender will definately come in as cover on loan. If Mulgrew or Lenihan gets injured we are very vulnerable. Bauer seems to play his way out of Charlton for some reason.

What does that mean, play his way out of Charlton?

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

I’m torn on this as I’m delighted that it appears we have money to improve the team. I’m a little concerned that we are looking like spending a huge amount for us on a 19 year old who’s been a good championship player but has hardly set the world alight.

disagree with Paul Mani and Chaddy (Shock), if he’s coming for £8m he’s going to expect a wage in line with what other £8m players are earning. He’s not going to come on £12k as he’s a young player as suggested by Paul, he’s going to be coming on a high wage.

Looking at the market I’m sure the £8m could be better spent on a more ‘finished’ article in the championship. A little nervy but I’d love to be proved wrong by the lad coming in and smashing 20 goals this season.

Wages are not directly linked to transfer fees. In fact, often players negotiate low transfer release fees to earn higher wages. 

It’s perfectly conceivable that Brereton could sign for £8m (£3m down and £1m per year for 5yrs) and sit well within our current wage structure.

Someone like Grabban who has played football in the PL will be on huge wages. Bamford too as his contract at Chelsea will have been paying him money close to our top earners.

Would be happy with Freeman, Bauer and a decent striker. Brereton I would move on from, the fee Forest want is ridiculous for a centre forward with 8 goals in 53 league games who can't even get on their bench. If Mowbray can't find better value than that then it is a poor show.

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t trust Venkys but the FACT is that they’re currently £100m+ of their own money in to our club. So god knows what their budget is...

I suspect their budget is what it takes to get back in to the PL..............................and that doesn't necessarily require big bucks

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2

Well hello from China. Ploughed my way through the last six pages and you lot are as wet and miserable as the weather in Jinan today.

It rained so heavily all the manhole covers were lifted by the force of water in the city centre..

Back to the loans window, if we don't get Brereton, I can always read Stuart's posts by way of consolation.

On a serious point, Rovers kept the Armstrong, Davenport and Rothwell deals pretty quiet until close to signings.

So I am concerned when Mowbray mutters about sabotage and see Nixon (pal of Jerome) listing our targets and blabbing mega chicken. All has a nasty taste and I am not talking Venky burger.

Hope Freeman doesn't have too sore a neck watching those seven fly in behind him at the Hawthorns. Baggies might have done us a favour.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It's a bit early to say if we are a good pressing team. First impressions are a bit mixed. 

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Could this be real? Or is it yet another case of people making up @#/??

Think you can almost certainly file that along with the series of other people who get some sort of strange kick out of pretending to know information to get attention, the likes of which seem to sadly become more and more prevalent with each transfer window.

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

I respectfully disagree with all that you say but understand why you said it.

Shearer had done next to nothing at Southampton before we signed him for a then record British transfer fee. The fee was for the potential and as we know, how that was realised!

Eh?  Next to nothing?

Shearer had scored 44 goals for Southampton, (23 in the top flight), had scored on his England debut and had just been taken to the Euro 92 finals.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I know the 3 players we after not the 3 players Scotland1 mention. 

Hence why the poster asked:

"For someone who has just claimed to watch a lot of football and read about stats on transfer market, surely you would know who the 3 players mentioned are? 2 of them both played first team football on a regular basis in the championship"

Although I'm sure that if Nixon links us with them they will suddenly all turn into the second coming.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3