BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

38 minutes ago, roversoutsider said:

Has there been a development with regards to the brereton signing or is it still speculation? 

Pardon me, because the last I heard Tony said we're moving on to other targets in Brereton's context.. And I presume this Jerome link is a follow up to us pursuing other striker options? 

Mein Gott! Can you imagine if we passed on Brereton and instead signed Jerome? ?‍♂️

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Certainly hope theres nothing in the Jerome rumours, and dont think there is hence us being one of a few teams linked.

Would be on not insignificant wages, and the opposite of Brereton in terms of age and profile. Reliant on pace which will be on the wane at his age.

He scored 16 goals in the Championship season before last, unless you've seen him recently you can't say his pace is on the wane, Jason Roberts, a similar player, was 34  when he went to Reading and played a big part in their promotion to the PL.  If it is just a loan and we're not paying too much out on wages he'd be decent backup.  Not saying I'm a big fan but we shouldn't dismiss him so quickly.

• Like 3

Just now, Blueandwhitemike said:

He scored 16 goals in the Championship season before last, unless you've seen him recently you can't say his pace is on the wane, Jason Roberts, a similar player, was 34  when he went to Reading and played a big part in their promotion to the PL.  If it is just a loan and we're not paying too much out on wages he'd be decent backup.  Not saying I'm a big fan but we shouldn't dismiss him so quickly.

But if we have a substantial amount of money, we shouldnt be looking for a back up loanee.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But if we have a substantial amount of money, we shouldnt be looking for a back up loanee.

I'm not sure if we can get  Brereton or not and I've not seen enough of him to say he is better than Jerome this season.  I don't think that there are that many out there that have had 2 high scoring seasons in the championship in the past 4, so I don't think we should be too quick to dismiss him,  that's all.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Downing and Mulgrew is out of contract in the summer 

We might change manager? why? Its time Rovers gave him at least new 3 year contract. I don't see Mowbray going anywhere or in a relegation battle this season

I'm not suggesting we should change manager but suppose he decides that he's been let down by the negotiators and walks? Suppose we have a bad run and somebody catches Venkys on a day when they're interested and they decide to sack him. You have a naive faith that things won't change. I like Mowbray and what he's doing here but this is football and you really don't know what might happen. 

And I'm not suggesting we WILL get relegated but injuries, sending off, poor refereeing decisions, goals allowed when they shouldn't be, goals disallowed when they shouldn't be can all affect your points total. 

Norwich bought 19 year old James Maddison from Coventry in 2016 for less than we are bidding for Brereton. He went to Leicester this summer for £22m. He's only ever played for England U21's. If Brereton was a success here we would double our money easily if a Prem team came knocking. Dack must be worth £10m+ as it stands, a good season this year and he'd be close to the £22m mark by next summer. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Forest are just stringing us along hoping we'll pay daft money for this lad. It's time we called their bluff and walked away .

We should make a final offer and say “take it or fuck off” and leave it. At the end it’s only the lad that loses out.

• Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Forest are just stringing us along hoping we'll pay daft money for this lad. It's time we called their bluff and walked away .

They want to get the best possible deal they can, let's be honest if it was one of ours being sold we would want the club to get as much as they could.

It's obvious he is available,wasn't playing for their under 23 today and isn't being involved with the first team but Forest like any club want to get the best possible deal.

I can see this transfer going down to the wire, I do think we will end up getting him but will probably be next week when Forest are backed into being a bit more reasonable with their valuation.

3 hours ago, Valois said:

Derby Telegraph linking us, Leeds and Bolton with Cameron Jerome. No Thanks.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leeds-united-two-championship-clubs-1918660

That would just about put the tin hat on this pretty dreadful transfer window. Strongly linked throughout the loan period with the purchase of an £8m star of the future and end up with a washed up has been or in fact "never was".

Would remind me of the signing of Nathan Delfouneso.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That would just about put the tin hat on this pretty dreadful transfer window. Strongly linked throughout the loan period with the purchase of an £8m star of the future and end up with a washed up has been or in fact "never was".

Would remind me of the signing of Nathan Delfouneso.

I don't believe that story.Why would Leeds want him?

Sharpe on Twitter said that it's not one he has heard and doubts there is any substance to it 

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

A lot of people talking about a potential for making money when we sale a player we may sign. Surely the last thing you should be thinking about when signing a player is we may be able to sale him and make a few million in a couple of years.

I agree but we’ve got that accustomed to buying players that can’t play, have a bad attitude and cost us a fortune to get rid of ( best, Murphy, orr). It makes a refreshing change to imagine a signing that makes us money by actually being good at football and wanting to play.

• Like 2