BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

I don't think we will sign Brereton, I think it's rumbled on too long and Forest's demands seem a bit rich for our taste/sensibilities. 

I think we will end up with Bauer and a couple of Premier League youngsters that haven't been on the radar thus far, oh and possibly Chapman although I think the way Palmer, Dack and Armstrong have linked up so far might have cooled our interest on Chapman a little.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mogga from todays LT - “The clarification for some clubs I think has to be whether loans with a view to permanent are actually binding. So you can sign someone with the intention of buying them in January but how binding is that intention? That’s the decision someone needs to clear up I think. I think the EFL will look at it, the Premier League as well, to see what happens"

So if Brereton or whoever comes on loan and smashes them in left right and centre there is no contractual obligation to sell (or buy) even if a price has been agreed? Not sure why the transfer is dragging on if true. It's can only ever be a loan.

I don't get that quote from Mowbray.

Clubs have already done loan deals with a obligation to buy. Norwood from Brighton joined Sheffield United on loan and it will be made permanent for 2.5 million on Jan 1st

20 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I don't think we will sign Brereton, I think it's rumbled on too long and Forest's demands seem a bit rich for our taste/sensibilities. 

I think we will end up with Bauer and a couple of Premier League youngsters that haven't been on the radar thus far, oh and possibly Chapman although I think the way Palmer, Dack and Armstrong have linked up so far might have cooled our interest on Chapman a little.

I'm the total opposite to you.I think we will sign Brereton.Forest clearly want to sell, they ain't even involving him in their under 23s.We seem to be the only team bidding for him.

Its dragging out because Forest want to get the best possible deal, I think it will end with Forest being a bit more reasonable with the deal and he will end up  here.

I think it's Bauer and Freeman that we will struggle to bring in.If Bauer plays for Charlton tonight then I think we can forget that one and QPR are continuing their stance that Freeman is not for sale

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Seems a bit late in the day to be realising that a deal might not be possible and that we might need to look elsewhere. Also notice that the number 2 is now creeping in. First it was 4 or 5, then 4, then 3 soon, now it's hopefully 2-3 or 3-4 but only 1 any time soon with others later.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm seeing a continuing backtracking from the optimism of early summer and bold talk about 5 more signings a couple of weeks ago to now preparing us for the possibility of only a couple.

It could also be that because we have performed well so far this season, that perhaps TM does not think there is a need, for a rush of getting loads of players in?

Just now, islander200 said:

I'm the total opposite to you.I think we will sign Brereton.Forest clearly want to sell, they ain't even involving him in their under 23s.We seem to be the only team bidding for him.

Its dragging out because Forest want to get the best possible deal, I think it will end with Forest being a bit more reasonable with the deal and he will end up  here.

I think it's Bauer and Freeman that we will struggle to bring in.If Bauer plays for Charlton tonight then I think we can forget that one and QPR are continuing their stance that Freeman is not for sale

Forest don't need to sell IMO, yes they've not included him so far but I read somewhere he'd missed a lot of pre-season after playing with England U20's and isn't match fit so that could factor into him not playing as much as the transfer rumbling on.

Looking at it objectively I don't think Forest are bothered about selling him, if he goes and they get good money, happy days. If they keep him he remains a developing squad player who will feature intermittently. If he spits his dummy out, again no major trauma as he doesn't appear to feature in their immediate plans and they can punt him out in January. Forest appear to have all the cards at the moment and as the end of the window draws nearer their hand only gets stronger. They don't need to sell but we need to buy and have repeatedly said as much.

1 minute ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Forest don't need to sell IMO, yes they've not included him so far but I read somewhere he'd missed a lot of pre-season after playing with England U20's and isn't match fit so that could factor into him not playing as much as the transfer rumbling on.

Looking at it objectively I don't think Forest are bothered about selling him, if he goes and they get good money, happy days. If they keep him he remains a developing squad player who will feature intermittently. If he spits his dummy out, again no major trauma as he doesn't appear to feature in their immediate plans and they can punt him out in January. Forest appear to have all the cards at the moment and as the end of the window draws nearer their hand only gets stronger. They don't need to sell but we need to buy and have repeatedly said as much.

Forest will need to bring in some money though.They have spent big this summer,If they didn't want to sell they wouldn't have made him available.According to reports it was Forest hawking him around.

Do you really think we would still be negotiating if forest had given no encouragement that a deal could be done.

As for your first point he is fit now, there is no reason why he wouldn't have featured for their u23 team yesterday apart from protecting him from an injury that could put a stop to a potential transfer 

Mowbray states “it still feels like a pretty open transfer window” which to me means that clubs are just continuing as if the permanent window is still open. If the Brereton deal was a simple loan with a pull-out clause there is not a chance it would take this long to negotiate. And to the people who come out with claptrap about Forest having all the cards. Bollocks. They have a 19 year old on the books who knows they wanted shut of him and they’ve spent handily in the market already and need to recoup some of that back. 

Edited by JeffRover

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

It's not an either/or. He is saying the contract is non-binding regardless of who is intending to buy or sell. That's the point. 

No he isn’t. He is clarifying with other clubs and the EFL what their definition of “with a view to buy” is. There is no indication given whether TM wants it to be legally binding or not. He might want to stop another club swooping in January which causes Forest to cancel the deal and get more money for him. Equally Forest want to protect themselves and stop us sending him back for nowt if he is a dud. It’s effectively a permanent transfer in all but name. We’ve gone over this many times before.

Edited by JeffRover
  • Like 1

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/norwich-lead-aston-villa-and-blackburn-in-4-way-battle-for-12-goal-striker/

"Blackburn Rovers and Wigan Athletic have also made tentative enquiries but Norwich and Villa are much further down the line as things stand."

Doesn't fit TM's young and hungry players.

Edited by Swanson

32 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Forest will need to bring in some money though.They have spent big this summer,If they didn't want to sell they wouldn't have made him available.According to reports it was Forest hawking him around.

Do you really think we would still be negotiating if forest had given no encouragement that a deal could be done.

As for your first point he is fit now, there is no reason why he wouldn't have featured for their u23 team yesterday apart from protecting him from an injury that could put a stop to a potential transfer 

I didn't say he wasn't fit, I pointed out that the transfer may not be the sole reason for him not featuring, at least initially. 

Which reports are these then? I've not seen anything to suggest Forest were hawking him around, in fact everything I've read appears to be contrary to that, on deadline day all the reports suggested they were surprised at the interest in him from Rovers.

As I've said repeatedly, I'm on the fence with this transfer, I can see both positives and negatives of it, however the length of time it's rumbled on and the multitude of reasons it hasn't gone through yet lead me to think that it's not going to happen. It's nearly 2 since the window closed and I find it hard to believe that two sides who are reported to want to do a deal have thus far not been able to, we allegedly have a team of people dedicated to transfers, surely they could have got the job done.

Edited by Lancaster Rover

43 minutes ago, Pedro said:

The window for loans and permanent signings should have been 31st August. It was a stupid concept what they did, especially with it being a World Cup year. I hope it goes back to how it was. 

Hope it stays as it is, in fact closes before the season starts. There's no actual reason why Clubs can't get their business done in time no matter when the window starts and finishes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I didn't say he wasn't fit, I pointed out that the transfer may not be the sole reason for him not featuring, at least initially. 

Which reports are these then? I've not seen anything to suggest Forest were hawking him around, in fact everything I've read appears to be contrary to that, on deadline day all the reports suggested they were surprised at the interest in him from Rovers.

As I've said repeatedly, I'm on the fence with this transfer, I can see both positives and negatives of it, however the length of time it's rumbled on and the multitude of reasons it hasn't gone through yet lead me to think that it's not going to happen. It's nearly 2 since the window closed and I find it hard to believe that two sides who are reported to want to do a deal have thus far not been able to, we allegedly have a team of people dedicated to transfers, surely they could have got the job done.

Nixon reckons they got an agent to let clubs know of his availability. Yes I know it's Nixon so have to take it with s shovel of salt.

A week and a half till deadline day so we will see but I reckon we will get him.

3 hours ago, Biz said:

Actions always speak louder than words, but when he’s already delivered probably the most important promotion of the previous 40 years, and signed one of the most exciting players we’ve seen for some time for peanuts, directly following probably our worst prolonged period in the same amount time - it’s hard not to get excited when he is saying exactly the right things.

I accept that others above can feel that the owners can/will change direction at any point, however I think currently; the club is operating more sensibly in terms of outgoings/ingoings. When we sold some of the exciting players Bowyer and co recruited, or the youth products like Hanley - it was in the midst, or directly following the paying off of multiple managers, players and in a time when we had players earning twice what they are now! 

You make some good points regarding the obvious misspending and mismanagement at the club prior to those sales. Anything of value was shipped out at the detriment to the team which ultimately saw us relegated but this was probably after the venkies had seen enough of their money seemingly going down the drain. 

Like you alluded to however, as much as we all hope that they are in a position to not only trust TM but continually back his sensible strategy without pulling the rug from beneath him - you never know with this lot. 

What I liked about one of TMs recent interviews was where he said he has millions of agents in his ear all day long offering him millions of different players but he ignores them and concentrates on working with his own recruitment team to get his own targets. I bet the same couldnt be said of one or two others in the not so distant past.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Think that same interview give or take a few words and phrases has been released on a weekly basis for the last 2 months. Getting boring now.

Yep. Not sure what's happened this summer as we seem to be completely incapable of getting deals over the line.

It sounds completely bizarre that We're only now considering the implications of something That's been mentioned on here many times, I.e. is a loan with an option to purchase binding or can either Club pull out? As someone else said, this surely isn't a difficult concept, either it's written into the deal that the transfer is a binding obligation on both sides or it isn't.

It seems equally bizarre that it only now seems to be dawning on us that it is an extremely risky proposition waiting until the last minute hoping that Premier League Clubs will let their youngsters out on loan.

Reading between the lines of the article we've decided to move on from Brereton and the best we can hope for before the weekend is someone in on Loan. Better not be bloody Cameron Jerome.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Yep. Not sure what's happened this summer as we seem to be completely incapable of getting deals over the line.

It sounds completely bizarre that We're only now considering the implications of something That's been mentioned on here many times, I.e. is a loan with an option to purchase binding or can either Club pull out? As someone else said, this surely isn't a difficult concept, either it's written into the deal that the transfer is a binding obligation on both sides or it isn't.

It seems equally bizarre that it only now seems to be dawning on us that it is an extremely risky proposition waiting until the last minute hoping that Premier League Clubs will let their youngsters out on loan.

Reading between the lines of the article we've decided to move on from Brereton and the best we can hope for before the weekend is someone in on Loan. Better not be bloody Cameron Jerome.

I took it that we're potentially close to sealing the Brereton deal and that we're moving on from Bauer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Based on..? I have heard little mention of  these types of loans in the last few weeks. Its all loans to buy 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel